What would you give for a OBJ or AJ Green?

3 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Why not investing in the trenches???

Don't think this thread discredits that absolute need - just think this is more topically specific to the wide receiver position. I could be wrong though. Even so, it'll be hard to find someone on here who doesn't think the OL needs to be addressed.

7 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Can't see OBJ buying into what they wanna do here. He's a diva that's prone to sideline and locker room temper tantrums if the ball isn't coming his way every third play.

Tyrell Williams of the Chargers is gonna be a name to watch in free agency. Big target, faster than KB, stronger hands, etc. Don't forget Devin Funchess in Carolina, either.

Itll be one of those two. 

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Toys aren't shiny enough.

Green will be 31 next year.  No thank you at the cost of a high draft pick and expensive contract.

I’m not sure I want OBJ if he were free. AJ will be on the decline when we win the first of our four straight Super Bowls. You heard it here first! 

...and last. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

OBJ nothing. Wouldn’t want that hesdcase with a huge contract on my team.

Green I’m not sure of his contract details. If they are team friendly, then I would give up a bit not too

much. He is approaching 30

If you want a premiere wr your talking a first or a couple day 2 picks, roughly.

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I still want them to give Eric Rodgers from Calgary a shot. He led the CFL for a couple of years then got hurt in Camp with the 49ers. So he went back and won the Grey Cup this year with Calgary. Tall and still in his prime. California kid.

A fun prospect but not really the reliable #1 acquisition the thread seems to be seeking to  find

10 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If you want a premiere wr your talking a first or a couple day 2 picks, roughly.

A fun prospect but not really the reliable #1 acquisition the thread seems to be seeking to  find

Not saying you’re wrong, just wouldn’t do it if I were Beane. 

They aren’t good enough yet to be trading high draft picks for a player with maybe only a couple good years left.

If they were a super bowl contender then it could make sense.

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Not saying you’re wrong, just wouldn’t do it if I were Beane. 

They aren’t good enough yet to be trading high draft picks for a player with maybe only a couple good years left.

If they were a super bowl contender then it could make sense.

With a young qb they are officially entering their best window. Time to build FAST. Not arguing either move is thevright one but it’s time for us to be that team that people say “how do they keep adding pieces” like the rams or chiefs. Rookie qb contracts are the magic ticket.

I’m not sure we could get OBJ or AJ anywhere NEAR fair market value until we show a lot more than we have so far this year. I say the NEXT season may warrant a high value FA if we keep trending up and don’t have to pay 150% of FMV. 

17 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

With a young qb they are officially entering their best window. Time to build FAST. Not arguing either move is thevright one but it’s time for us to be that team that people say “how do they keep adding pieces” like the rams or chiefs. Rookie qb contracts are the magic ticket.

I see what you’re saying. But the Bills are not serious contenders next year.

If everything goes right then 2020. Which leaves AJ Green 32 years old with a long list of injuries? No thanks.

Stick to the course by building through the draft and adding via free agency. At least that’s what I would do

6 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I see what you’re saying. But the Bills are not serious contenders next year.

If everything goes right then 2020. Which leaves AJ Green 32 years old with a long list of injuries? No thanks.

Stick to the course by building through the draft and adding via free agency. At least that’s what I would do

With this defense if we add 2-3 pass catchers and a couple lineman what really separates us from the upper tier? Just qb, right? And you’d hope that those parts and a guy in year 2 would step up ala Goff, wentz, mahomes.... if you believe in this qb, coach and gm, then next year absolutely should be the first of a 3-4 year run where we as fans should expect to compete for a division title and be a team that can win a playoff game 

if you dont buy any of those three guys being legit, well 2 years from now isn’t a thing anyway. Again not arguing green specifically but this is the “make big moves” section of our story,

Edited by NoSaint

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

With this defense if we add 2-3 pass catchers and a couple lineman what really separates us from the upper tier? Just qb, right? And you’d hope that those parts and a guy in year 2 would step up ala Goff, wentz, mahomes.... if you believe in this qb, coach and gm, then next year absolutely should be the first of a 3-4 year run where we as fans should expect to compete for a division title and be a team that can win a playoff game 

if you dont buy any of those three guys being legit, well 2 years from now isn’t a thing anyway. Again not arguing green specifically but this is the “make big moves” section of our story,

Not saying you’re wrong and your argument is completely valid.

I just personally wouldn’t do it as I value first round picks very highly. And for the Green argument, just too risky for me with his age creeping up and all the injuries he had.

OBJ nothing, dont have room for babies .

Green , a fourth.

13 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Can't see OBJ buying into what they wanna do here. He's a diva that's prone to sideline and locker room temper tantrums if the ball isn't coming his way every third play.

Tyrell Williams of the Chargers is gonna be a name to watch in free agency. Big target, faster than KB, stronger hands, etc. Don't forget Devin Funchess in Carolina, either.

Wonder if Mike Evans wants out?

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

Julio Jones could be had.

a second.

14 hours ago, blacklabel said:

We don't need more number 2 receivers, we need a true number one whether it be Julio Jones or OBJ!  

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Wonder if Mike Evans wants out?

Guess it would depend on if the Tampa Bay organization wants to tear it all down and start over or if they think they can still compete with a different coaching staff and much of the same roster. Evans also just signed a 5-year $82 million dollar deal earlier this year. I'd assume he's there for the foreseeable future.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NFLBighits said:

We don't need more number 2 receivers, we need a true number one whether it be Julio Jones or OBJ!  

Well, they aren't ending up with either of those guys. This years WR group for the draft also doesn't have a bonafide #1 guy available. There are guys who excel at a handful of things but aren't quite the total package just yet. Doesn't mean they can't develop into that, but right off the bat, there aren't really any pass catchers that are gonna come in and set the league on fire in 2019.

I said this in another thread, I don't think the Bills end up with a "true #1" WR next season. I think they end up with a group of guys who all have certain skill sets and a couple of traits which they're really good at and kind of average with all the rest. Think about where Daboll comes from... New England, where they never really had a top-flight receiver aside from the few years where they had Randy Moss. Besides him, it's always been a rotating group of receivers (with one constant like Wes Welker or Julian Edelman) Gronk and whoever their #2 TE is and their cast of running backs. Those are the types guys that have been catching passes from Brady for 19 seasons now. I think just with the way things are shaping up with the draft and free agency that the Bills will try to put together a strong overall cast of offensive playmakers as opposed to having one or two superstars. You'll have guys like Foster and McKenzie as your speed options, Zay as your possession guy who can run some tough routes inside and keep the chains moving, they probably want a guy *like* KB, someone with that size and the ability to win contested catches (which KB has not done since he got here). I also think Daboll may pound the table for a new option at tight end because of the extensive use of TEs in New England's system over the years. I like Charles Clay but I think his knees are shot and I wouldn't doubt if they cut him loose this off-season. Jason Croom seems to be developing but the position can be upgraded and it may be something they look into. 

But yeah, the hope for a big-time #1 guy like Julio, OBJ, AJ Green, etc. I don't see that happening for the Bills in 2019.

OBJ is a no.  Green is on the wrong side of 30. 

Invest in the O- line.  Keep Allen upright and safely in the pocket.  Let him fire.

There are lots of good receivers that could do damage given a strong armed QB with time to throw. 

It would be great to get a real TE threat and young RB that can catch and run. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/29/2018 at 2:15 PM, billsfan11 said:

OBJ nothing. Wouldn’t want that hesdcase with a huge contract on my team.

Green I’m not sure of his contract details. If they are team friendly, then I would give up a bit not too

much. He is approaching 30

Yeah, he'd probably be pissed about nothing to do but go to Applebee's. Or he may birth several kids. Now AJ Green on the other hand...

Edited by the skycap

OBJ doesn't seem to fit the McD culture and he is on a very large contract. I don't think the Giants are trading him (you need him and Barkley to make the Giants offense go esp if you want a young QB you draft next year to have a shot at success) nor do I think on a big contract he is that tradeable cap wise. AJ Green on the other hand is an interesting trade option. Green however will be 31 in 2019, he has been a bit banged up 2 out of the last 3 seasons, and he has a significant contract. I would be willing to offer up a swap of a 3rd for a 6th. I think Green could have 2 or so good years left but I think he could also be on the decline. So to take Green on I would give up something but nothing too crazy. I would rather see if Denver wants to trade for Emmanual Sanders. 

On 11/29/2018 at 2:09 PM, mozillameister said:

The free agency looks awful except Randalle Cobb who might be resigned. But there's a hell of a lot of teams in rebuilding mode with great WR. Especially OBJ, who McD has a relationship with Gettlemen and QB + defense hungry. They might be interested in a lot of the draft picks this year in the 1st.

What would you give for either those guys considering their contracts? A 1st? A 2019 1st and 2020 2nd?

Imagine OBJ with Allen's arm?

F%%% them.  We'll do fine with this year's guys and next years additions.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:11 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’d go after Enunwa.  He seems like he’d be a good weapon for Allen.  He’s tough and is great on those short/intermediate routes.  

I'm with you on this. I like him if he stays healthy.  That's the kicker. Enunwa and a first round WR should help. Then we need a top tier TE, OL and possible RB. It's ok to give shady one more year with Ivory and Murphy and a better supporting cast but by 2020 we will need that new #1 RB for a series of deep playoff runs and a Super Bowl while the Patsies fall into the sea.