Fournette suspension?

MarkAF43

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Came off the bench and threw punches? I mean honestly I don’t know the NFL rule but he probably should be.

At least it wasn’t during a girls basketball game

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
Leonard Fournette explains why he came off the sidelines to engage the Bills' Shaq Lawson and takes full responsibility for his actions and the Jaguars' loss.

He should say “because I was a doofus and I hurt the team” and stop there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Hyde should have been tossed...he punched both Hughes and edmunds.

Was going to say this - at a min Hyde gets the instigator penalty to start the whole thing - and game misconduct for being 3rd man in jumping on Shaq

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Fournette said a fan hit him? Missed that...anyone have the vid?

I'm gonna guess it happened after he left the sideline and booked it to throw some jabs at Shaq.  If that's the case then I have no problem with that fan doing it.

The fact he left the sideline is going to be at least a decent fine if not a 1 game suspension.

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm gonna guess it happened after he left the sideline and booked it to throw some jabs at Shaq.  If that's the case then I have no problem with that fan doing it.

The fact he left the sideline is going to be at least a decent fine if not a 1 game suspension.

Saw the video of them coming up the tunnel, and I didn’t see any fans hitting players....

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Saw the video of them coming up the tunnel, and I didn’t see any fans hitting players....

No I mean when he got into the fight behind the end zone.  I actually have it recorded so I will look for it and post it in a bit.

21 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Geez he complained about that soft tap?!?! Like dude you are facing suspension and a hefty fine and you want to bring up a fan love tapping you as what you had a problem with?!!?  #deflection

It wasn’t much at all but fans can’t be allowed to physically provoke players.

• Like (+1) 1

Because of Fournette’s punch, the Jaguars’ team social media account had to delete a tweet. While near the goal line, the team account used some choice words to describe one of Fournette’s touchdowns.

“Punch it in,” the tweet read.

As one Bills fan pointed out on Twitter, it was some pretty good advice…

Ds4FcKVU0AAFa5X.jpg

:oops:

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

Fournette said a fan hit him? Missed that...anyone have the vid?

I don't know if its what he was talking about, but a fan nailed him in the helmet with a beer can as he was walking in the tunnel. There's a couple videos of it floating around facebook.

Edited by Herc11

This was the league's statement to Marshawn Lynch after he left the bench to engage in a fight last year.  Seems like the emphasis is more on his contact with the ref than leaving the bench; but leaving the bench is definitely touched upon a couple times:

"You made deliberate physical contact with one of our game officials as he was diffusing an active confrontation between players. You were disqualified for your inappropriate and unsportsmanlike actions. Your conduct included pushing the game official and grabbing his jersey ... You were not directly involved in the active confrontation that the game official was attempting to diffuse, nor were you a participant in the play that initiated the confrontation. You were the only player from either team who ran from the sideline to midfield to insert himself into a situation in which he was not directly involved."

• Thank you (+1) 1

Throwing things is idiotic. Punching opposing players and  costing your own team is also idiotic. Waving your arms at the opposing crowd after you have been ejected is __________. Fill in the blank.

Fournette is a bozo, the guys ushering both players off the field also need brain transplants.

Let’s get these guys down the tunnel at the same time I’m sure that will end just swell. It had a WWF feel, brought me back about 25 years. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Throwing things is idiotic. Punching opposing players and  costing your own team is also idiotic. Waving your arms at the opposing crowd after you have been ejected is __________. Fill in the blank.

Fournette is a bozo, the guys ushering both players off the field also need brain transplants.

Let’s get these guys down the tunnel at the same time I’m sure that will end just swell. It had a WWF feel, brought me back about 25 years. 

That is EXACTLY what i was thinking as it was unfolding, did they really think getting them both to meet at the tunnel at the same time was a good idea?

1 hour ago, zevo said:

Throwing objects at players is so lame....hope that person got caught and banned from the stadium for life 

Lame doesn't cover it. What I see is about 25 people within a dozen feet or so of a guy with a helmet on, and two or three guys immediately  adjacent to Fournette. If the object hits any of them, the outcome may be totally different than harmless bouncing off a helmet. 

I go with criminal. Arrest the douche if you can find him, charge him appropriately and make an example of him. Then, when all is said and done, have him step into the ring in a tough guy competition with Fournette. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

21 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Lame doesn't cover it. What I see is about 25 people within a dozen feet or so of a guy with a helmet on, and two or three guys immediately  adjacent to Fournette. If the object hits any of them, the outcome may be totally different than harmless bouncing off a helmet. 

I go with criminal. Arrest the douche if you can find him, charge him appropriately and make an example of him. Then, when all is said and done, have him step into the ring in a tough guy competition with Fournette. 

Criminal? Arrests? How about the animal who ran across the field from the sidelines to fight someone.   Did you want him arrested? It was a non football play and he assaulted someone with over 80,000 witnesses.  

The day Gronk dropped a big bow on Ted debiase from the top rope.......o wait....that was Tre White, was on a non football play as well. In front of 80,000+ fans, he assaulted another person.

If these idiots don’t get arrested, why should the drunken fool?  In my opinion, He should have been booed off the field and had a ton of garbage thrown at him while he tucked his tail between his legs and ducked for cover sprinting up the tunnel!

I think it’s lame to say how terrible it is that a fan threw a beer and did no damage, while insinuating he get beaten to a bloody pulp by the “animal” that couldn’t contain his anger and assaulted another player outside of the field of play!

Violence bad!!!!!  Must be eradicated!!  Put the average joe in a cage with a very large and powerful man!!! That’ll do the trick!!

9 minutes ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Criminal? Arrests? How about the animal who ran across the field from the sidelines to fight someone.   Did you want him arrested? It was a non football play and he assaulted someone with over 80,000 witnesses.  

The day Gronk dropped a big bow on Ted debiase from the top rope.......o wait....that was Tre White, was on a non football play as well. In front of 80,000+ fans, he assaulted another person.

If these idiots don’t get arrested, why should the drunken fool?  In my opinion, He should have been booed off the field and had a ton of garbage thrown at him while he tucked his tail between his legs and ducked for cover sprinting up the tunnel!

I think it’s lame to say how terrible it is that a fan threw a beer and did no damage, while insinuating he get beaten to a bloody pulp by the “animal” that couldn’t contain his anger and assaulted another player outside of the field of play!

Violence bad!!!!!  Must be eradicated!!  Put the average joe in a cage with a very large and powerful man!!! That’ll do the trick!!

I think we found the guy that threw the beer......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Easy Bruce Kardashian. Your emotions are getting in front of you here. 

Yes, I believe a person at a football game who throws a beer can at a guy is a douche who should be arrested. I already explained why. I don't think a person throwing a paper hot dog wrapper at a guy should be arrested, but still represents a douche move. 

I was absolutely insinuating that Fournette would likely beat the thrower to a bloody pulp if the beer can person faced him squarely instead of tossing a metal object at him from the saftey of the stands.  Again, I think someone throwing a can at a crowd can have unanticipated consequences, that seems like pretty basic math to me. 

I thought the Gronkowski move was criminal, I thought it was cheap and feel like throwing a beer can is a variation of of the same type of behavior. I was all for Gronkowski getting arrested. Before you blow a gasket, there are degrees of behavior, and Gronkowski  concussing Tre White would be worse than a beer can hitting Fournette and not causing injury. However, if a full beer can hit someone and say, fractured their eye socket we would have to revisit it. 

Fournette was a douche, Fournette was not innocent here and deserves to be suspended and fined.  I don't think what he did equates to what Gronkowski did, but can understand if you feel it's the same thing. 

My comment was on the fan and throwing things  at players. If your logic is that fans get to throw things as paying customers, and this is a sample of how you express yourself in writing,  I'm just not a fan of Bruce_Stools sample.