Nathan Peterman Worked Out for the Lions, Broncos, and Buccaneers - Signed by the Raiders to the Practice Squad

26CornerBlitz

On 11/17/2018 at 5:17 PM, suorangefan4 said:

Hopefully if he signs with another team his pathetic receivers and coach won't let him down.

McDermott is an absolute clown for sticking Peterman out there against the best defenses. The receivers couldn't get open or catch (some drops turning into "INTs") in most of the games he played in. 

Peterman could've done good against a Jets defense that looked like crap but McDermott had to be a horses rear end and not give him a game against a team like that. No instead he throws him to the wolves against the #2 defense (Baltimore in the rain) and the #4 defense (Chicago) instead of the #18 defense (Jets). Jets D looked pathetic. He didn't even give the kid a chance to succeed.

05FA4273-1F0A-4EE9-A5B0-41B24AED8C18.thumb.jpeg.502090bb90541cd8546332b63d13e7cc.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/17/2018 at 8:17 PM, suorangefan4 said:

Hopefully if he signs with another team his pathetic receivers and coach won't let him down.

McDermott is an absolute clown for sticking Peterman out there against the best defenses. The receivers couldn't get open or catch (some drops turning into "INTs") in most of the games he played in. 

Peterman could've done good against a Jets defense that looked like crap but McDermott had to be a horses rear end and not give him a game against a team like that. No instead he throws him to the wolves against the #2 defense (Baltimore in the rain) and the #4 defense (Chicago) instead of the #18 defense (Jets). Jets D looked pathetic. He didn't even give the kid a chance to succeed.

2mzdng.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Nathan Peterman Worked Out for the Lions - Another Upcoming with the Broncos

I've never been a big fan of Rodak, but I do appreciate his article here, attempting to put NP in some other perspective, through the eyes of a former signal caller with worse INT % who ended up a success otherwise in life. I don't wish NP any further ill will, and hope he can track a similar story outside of the NFL. Didn't see it posted anywhere else yet here, so enjoy:

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/32643/ex-bills-qb-nathan-peterman-no-failure-to-1970s-counterpart

4 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I'm assuming some team will give him a futures contract and he will be on a camp roster

He definitely never disappointed with anything in the off-season, camp, preseason, lol. That alone would be worth bringing him in for with somebody who needs another body to take training camp reps

Report: Broncos worked out 3 quarterbacks

The Denver Broncos worked out over 10 players — including three quarterbacks — on Monday, according to KUSA-TV’s Mike Klis. Denver is working out players with “future contract” prospects.

Players are eligible to sign future deals if they are not on an active roster at the end of the season. Future contract players sign in January and are added to the team’s offseason roster in March.

The three quarterbacks that worked out for the Broncos this week were Nathan Peterman, Logan Woodside and Nic Shimonek, per Klis.

Peterman (6-2, 225 pounds) was selected by the Buffalo Bills in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL draft out of Pittsburgh. He dressed for eight games over the last two seasons, earning four starts. Peterman has thrown three interceptions and 12 interceptions in his career.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Nathan Peterman Worked Out for the Lions and Broncos
19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Report: Broncos worked out 3 quarterbacks

The Denver Broncos worked out over 10 players — including three quarterbacks — on Monday, according to KUSA-TV’s Mike Klis. Denver is working out players with “future contract” prospects.

Players are eligible to sign future deals if they are not on an active roster at the end of the season. Future contract players sign in January and are added to the team’s offseason roster in March.

The three quarterbacks that worked out for the Broncos this week were Nathan Peterman, Logan Woodside and Nic Shimonek, per Klis.

Peterman (6-2, 225 pounds) was selected by the Buffalo Bills in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL draft out of Pittsburgh. He dressed for eight games over the last two seasons, earning four starts. Peterman has thrown three interceptions and 12 interceptions in his career.

The writer could not bring himself to type "touchdowns" so he appropriately wrote "interceptions" twice

• Haha (+1) 3

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Nathan Peterman Worked Out for the Lions, Broncos, and Buccaneers
7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Peterman may get another shot at beating out A.J. McCarron.  

I still think the criticism of the Bills for sending AJ to the Raiders after he played himself off the team in preseason was always unjustified.  The fact that Beane got a 5th rounder for a guy who was worse than Peterman was pretty impressive. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The fact that Beane got a 5th rounder for a guy who was worse than Peterman was pretty impressive. 

Are you speaking ‘impressions’ , or are you speaking ‘actualities’?  ‘Worse than Peterman’ is an awfully tall order to fill.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Are you speaking ‘impressions’ , or are you speaking ‘actualities’?  ‘Worse than Peterman’ is an awfully tall order to fill.

I'm talking about the head to head competition where Peterman outplayed McCarron enough for the Bills to dump McCarron off for anything they could get for him.  In the long run it may have been about how bad McCarron was rather than a reflection on Peterman. 

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You’re right but undeniable that NP at least looked the part in camp and preseason...head scratchingly so!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Gruden is still looking for his new "Rich Gannon". 

He’s just too smart for us outsiders to question. You’re supposed to be intimidated by his many years of film study and pithy commentary from the booth, and stop paying attention to his overall W-L record! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/17/2018 at 1:37 PM, TheBeaneBandit said:

His only hope is a dome team or a nice weather team to really have any chance at all so this makes sense. He just doesn't have the arm to overcome.....well.....anything.

A 3rd string qb in a good weather/ dome stadium is probably the best case scenario for him. Nothing more.

Does anyone remember how he wouldn’t stop gushing about Johnny Football during that draft? I mean, it was like the second coming of Elway from the way he said his name every 3 minutes. He was legit angry when teams passed on him.

i wouldn’t trust him to properly evaluate a QB if my life depended on it. He throws darts at the board and if they ever hit he says “I told you so”. I suppose we will see next year when he can draft one of his own. 

As for Carr, well, I see him heading to NY or Denver. Maybe even Jacksonville but I think Marrone goes and new coach drafts his own guy. If the Chargers make the Super Bowl and win I think Rivers retires and he could easily head there to own the Raiders twice a year.

18 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Now Devin Smith is a name I haven't heard in a bit. If he's healthy, he is a great fir for what Josh Allen can do. Smith is a chuck it and go get it guy. Perhaps him working out for the Bucs means he is healthy. We should take a look.  

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

He’s just too smart for us outsiders to question. You’re supposed to be intimidated by his many years of film study and pithy commentary from the booth, and stop paying attention to his overall W-L record! 

Ah.  Just like in the ‘Wizard of Oz’.  “Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!”

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

And then the second INT the next drive lol

That was a dagger in the heart game.  If anything I’d be worried that Peterman fell into the wrong crowd at Pitt and owes bookies a few million dollars.  Bad at point shaving and throwing games as Heath Shuler.  

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I'm talking about the head to head competition where Peterman outplayed McCarron enough for the Bills to dump McCarron off for anything they could get for him.  In the long run it may have been about how bad McCarron was rather than a reflection on Peterman. 

Peterman blows.

And he will never match the real game performances that McCarron has on his resume, which includes a playoff game that was all but won before an officiating crew handed the game to the Steelers. Peterman will never get to that level. 

He blows.

Edited by OJ Tom

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Agreed that your point is based upon the performance Peterman put up in training camp.  Had the Bills gone with AJ based upon limited greater experience over Peterman, the forum would probably be just as filled with people saying the Bills made the wrong choice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Peterman can!!! Ha ha, Gruden is so stupid

Paterman should get another shot, I think. He can be a third string, scout team QB for some team. You just don't want him as your starter.

Plus, he's a good teammate and smart. He can help out in the QB room.