Nick mullens

Steptide

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Do you know anything about football? No one covered the receiver on two of the TDs. No one. Any player can make those throws. The 72 yarder was a terrible decision and lousy throw.

You are taking the one guy who is demonstrably the worst QB in the NFL and simply concluded that he could be doing what this kid is doing tonight, because...WRs were open---as though that is all that is lacking from NP's game, wide open WRs.

Come on!  You don't even believe that if you swapped in NP tonight, we would be seeing the same result.  There's just absolutely no reason to believe this!

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You are taking the one guy who is demonstrably the worst QB in the NFL and simply concluded that he could be doing what this kid is doing tonight, because...WRs were open---as though that is all that is lacking from NP's game, wide open WRs.

Come on!  You don't even believe that if you swapped in NP tonight, we would be seeing the same result.  There's just absolutely no reason to believe this!

I’m only taking those three plays. No rush at all and no one covering a guy ten yards away Peterman can make. I don’t even think he belongs in the league and he can make those three throws. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I’m only taking those three plays. No rush at all and no one covering a guy ten yards away Peterman can make. I don’t even think he belongs in the league and he can make those three throws. 

Then make it simpler.  Just say "all NFL QBs will complete TD passes to wide open WRs all the time".

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Well he's got 3 now, the same as the Bills do all season

The Bills haven't been lucky enough to play the pathetic Raiders this year. Even Nate Peterman could do something against this team.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

no they scored 21 

Ah ......... you are right.  Either way you can't blame the entire collapse on Shannahan.  Again the Pats had the best scoring defense in the NFL.  If we could score 21 points (if we aren't counting interceptions) we would have beat the Pats monday night.

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

It just shows the scheming matters.  If you can't score an offensive TD in 2 games and not even pass the 30 in one of those games, it is hard to believe it is all the personnel. 

Which is why someone needs to be replaced. It's either the coaches are terrible at their jobs or the players aren't good enough to do theirs. 

At no point has any Bills QB looked even remotely as competent as this Mullens kid has looked tonight. They haven't even been close. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Cmdjr85 said:

How do you die hard bills fans and footballs fans fail to understand that it dosent matter who plays qb for the team. The offensive line is terrible. Worst in the league. I mean what do you expect.

This isn't 1985 anymore. 

QBs have far more impact on line play now. Pre-snap checks, quick reads, and accurate throws make lines look good in the modern NFL. 

The guy playing QB is by far the most important piece.  Next, you have to have the right guys putting together the schemes & designing the plays. 

After that, you can screw around with lineman, DBs, LBs, whatever. None of that matters though until the QB, head coach, & OC are in place. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why?  You've already implied it by saying even the worst QB in the league would not fail to hit each of his wide open TD targets each time.

Because there were two Gibraltar sized caveats attached to them that you ignored. I’m done arguing with you. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The Bills blow.

What do you expect? 

Frankly, I expect more from Bills fans. Maybe I'm just naive, but all you ever hear is that the BIlls have the best, smartest fans in the NFL. 

Then you come here and find some long-time fans so filled with anger with a loss that they simply are unable to grasp that the Bills are in Step 1 of a rebuilding phase. Any smart fan knows this. Hell, even a stupid fan knows it. But some fans, they see little miracles on other teams and when they don't get miracles, they want to flip the game board and try again with a new GM and new coaching staff and new roster and even a new owner, completely ignorant to the fact that flipping the game board is childish at best.

That's all. 

• Like (+1) 3

This is absolute *****.  How does this guy have as many passing touchdowns in one game as our entire offense all season?  Tell me again that coaching and scheme doesn't rank above talent on offense sometimes?

This is why Daboll has to go

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Cmdjr85 said:

How do you die hard bills fans and footballs fans fail to understand that it dosent matter who plays qb for the team. The offensive line is terrible. Worst in the league. I mean what do you expect.

Careful now - I was admonished by 2 VERY SUPERIOR posters here that the O-Line was just well and fine......WELL AND FINE......let that sink in!!

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I knew if I came to the board right now there would be a thread about trading for Mullens, firing our staff, etc.  Geezus this board is so predictable with its wallowing 

Don’t paint such a dramatic picture. Chill. 

Pointing out obvious coaching discrepancies doesn’t seem like wallowing to me. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think fans have seen this song and dance before.

McBeane come across as no different than what we've seen and right now several of their decisions look really ***** stupid. So fans are scratching their heads and getting frustrated. What's so hard to comprehend? 

10 PPG and Nate Peterman as your starter with 5 home games left should be great for those childish fans. 

Step one in year two of a self inflicted rebuild. Awesome!??

Let me save us both trouble: do you believe we should fire everyone and start over? I mean, have you seen everything you need to see? Get rid of Beane, McDermott, all the coaches, and start over?

Do you think we should do that?

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I knew if I came to the board right now there would be a thread about trading for Mullens, firing our staff, etc.  Geezus this board is so predictable with its wallowing 

Some would call it "tired."

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This - RIGHT here.....Weo nails this down.  Peterpick would in NO WAY in anyones alternative universe have 3 TD's right now.....just not happening.....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I don't think it would be detrimental if they did. I'll put it that way.

If they hire somebody who won't blow ***** up for the sake of blowing ***** up in the name of culture and DNA then there really is no downside.

Okay. Who do you hire? Who's the GM? Who's the HC, OC and DC? What roster moves do you make? I have to imagine if you want to blow some of it up, but not all of it, there's a plan.

What's the plan?

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:unsure:

You can only laugh.

I'll admit I didn't watch the game, so I didn't see if he deserves the praise.

Shanahan is making it a habit of making QBs look good. I think he can coach, wasn't a fan of his dad. 

What's his list now?

RG3, they did ruin hin though

Kirk Cousins

Matt Ryan, never trust a man with two first names

Jimmy G

Beathard

Mullens

None sustained success to this point so maybe I'm overstating it. 

Next year the 9ers will have 3 competent QB's in Garopollo, Beathard, & Mullen, if Mullen continues to play the way he did tonight there could be a good QB to be had i hope that Bean is paying attention to what goes on out in SF ! 

Any one of those QB's could be a good get ! If Garopollo is the starter either of the other 2 could be a really good get weather it be a back up or the possibility of a starter ...

Dear Lord, the kid had a great game for sure, but this goes with how this world is now, where everyone immediately lauds or dumps on a guy immediately. 

He played the Raiders who are an absolute dumpster fire, the team had zero tape on him so they didn’t know his strengths and weaknesses. 

Have we learned nothing from Rob Johnson etc with guys who look great then get figured out once flaws show. Bills fans were ready to anoint Allen after the Vikes game.

• Like (+1) 2