Nathan Peterman expected to start Sunday (per Adam Schefter)

BillsFan4

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why is everyone shocked or upset?  No teams 3rd string QB is any good.  I mean we have 2 guys hurt...were we supposed to have a 3rd QB that can play?  

I mean who cares anyway, this season is a rebuilding year.  D looks good going into next year and should get better, especially once they make major moves on the offensive side of the ball this offseason between FA and the Draft.  

The same offensive geniuses that thought going into a season with Nate Peterman as the starting QB are the one's who drafted Josh Allen. That doesn't give you any cause for concern?

Based on their analysis, he was a quality option as an opening day STARTER, not a third stringer.

• Like (+1) 2

Maybe a dumb question, but how does anderson have a concusion? On that last sack in the game, he fell on his arms. His head wasn't hit. Also, qbs don't take hits in practice, assuming he's cleared to play Sunday, he could practice all week no? 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

He started the season. He shouldn't be on the team at this point. 

Its really incredible. Unfortunately our owners don't really know what they are watching so all is well.

Who is out there that is some kind of savior?  I mean really?  What difference does it really make?  Why anyone cares right now is beyond me.  This is a rebuilding year, the offense as a whole is bare, there are no QB's on the market coming in to take us to the playoffs.  So wining a couple more games does nothing.  I could care less right now if DA or NP plays.  I would love to see Josh get some more reps, but only once fully recovered.  

We are NOT doing anything this year, so winning a few more games only hurts us this offseason in draft position.  Unless you can show me a QB who can come in right now on this rag tag offense and carry us to the playoffs, then everyone should just relax and accept this as what it is...a rebuilding year and that the offense will be heavily addressed this offseason now that the cap is fixed and we have lots of picks and will have great picks from our own draft slotting.

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why is everyone shocked or upset?  No teams 3rd string QB is any good.  I mean we have 2 guys hurt...were we supposed to have a 3rd QB that can play?  

I mean who cares anyway, this season is a rebuilding year.  D looks good going into next year and should get better, especially once they make major moves on the offensive side of the ball this offseason between FA and the Draft.  

I mean, don't we need to save our playoff chances????

haha.  For real, this is all very dramatic. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I keep hearing it’s a rebuilding year. Tell me, what coach comes in and says during their hiring interview, ‘I wanna win year 1, and then blow up our offense so that it’s historically incompetent in year 2!’ Because a lot of homers are acting like this abortion is all part of some great plan. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The same offensive geniuses that thought going into a season with Nate Peterman as the starting QB are the one's who drafted Josh Allen. That doesn't give you any cause for concern?

Based on their analysis, he was a quality option as an opening day STARTER, not a third stringer.

No because you post lacks all logic, reason, and context to what REALLY happened.  

NP outplayed everyone in preseason.  AJM was the bridge, but he flopped yet Raiders shocking still gave us a 5th rounder for him, so Beane took it.  AJM was NOT going to save this team or make a playoff run, so lets not pretend it doomed the team.  They wanted to start Allen, and have said this, week 1...but his struggles game 3 of preseason made them want to see if they can sit him a little longer.  NP came out and proved the preseason was once again a fluke and he forced their hand to switch to Allen during game 1.  

They were not going to get any value in a trade out of NP, and they didn't want to carry 3 QB's...so someone was getting cut, and Raiders gave them value for someone, so they took it.  The moves were NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRR about THIIIISSSSSSS year.  Everyone keeps saying all these ridiculous statements like this is the offense they intended to build and its comically off base.  

In two drafts they have collectively landed some really good to exceptional players, one of which Beane was here for.  In ONE draft, Beane got the QB prospect we needed, a stud in the making at MLB and two promising young defenders in Taron and Phillips...and he did that having also traded up in the first round TWICE!!!  Thats a heck of a first draft. 

McD coached a subpar team and got them to the playoffs last year.  Beane has landed all kinds of value for guys all you people said would fetch nothing.  I mean they have done a lot of good things, but everyone has blinders on all because the offense sucks, yet Beane didn't do anything to tear down the offense.  Woods and Goodwin were gone before he got here, Sammy wasnt gonna resign and he got a 2nd and a good player back that helped us reach the playoffs, and he used a busted up LT in Glenn with a contract he wasnt living up to in order to help get in position to get our QB without having to trade our other first round pick so we could land ANOTHER first round pick WITHOUT giving up any future first round picks.  

Its pathetic how little people realize he has done for this team and how much McD has done while working with a weak roster.  They have earned my trust for the next year or two.  THIS NEXT YEAR will tell us if they are getting the job done, NOT THIS YEAR.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

i'm not going any farther than this....i'll read the posts later...but this is what should have happened a long time ago. they could have stuck with him past the first game...

like the first qtr.  he also should have been the starter even after houston. i can't believe all the nate hate when we got the exact same results from DA,  that would have had the pitchforks out for nate. he threw a f..ing pick 6 to seal the game last night!  nobody treats it as though it means anything!....not to mention 4 picks in 2 games...GTFO.

first of all, he's a young guy, without having started a lot of games. he may have even fared better than DA over the last two games and we would have been able to determine  for sure whether this guy could have a future here or not.   instead, we trotted out a 13 yr. backup who has no plans after december related to football.

now, we are forced to play nate and after he pulls off a string of wins, we will all be looking to next year. face it, we are out of the post season, but if nate can roll off some wins and josh has the last couple of games, maybe we can feel good about what we have and get a plan together for adding offensive talent.

if this staff doesn't start getting their head outta their ass and quit swaying to public opinion,  i'm gonna lose faith quick. please dear Lord give this kid a break and let him shine.

he has way more talent than DA and hopefully the time has come to show it...just maybe we will see another td pass....by the only guy that seems to be capable of throwing them.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I keep hearing it’s a rebuilding year. Tell me, what coach comes in and says during their hiring interview, ‘I wanna win year 1, and then blow up our offense so that it’s historically incompetent in year 2!’ Because a lot of homers are acting like this abortion is all part of some great plan. 

You see THIS POST right here is the problem.  You are DELUSIONAL in your recollection of what happened.  

Please tell me how they blew up the offense in year 2?  All we did was trade Tyrod for more than anyone believed we would get.  But please again, show me how they "blew it up"???  We didn't do anything to the offense this past year other than move on from a QB that had taken us as far as he could, something 98% of this board wanted to do, maybe even 100%. TWO of our pro bowl OL guys suddenly retired, but how is that Beanes fault???

So please oh please, show me where they "blew it up"

I like how the same people who go around calling people trolls for saying Josh Allen has been terrible say that "this will be the first Bills game I'll ever skip" because Peterman is playing. Yeah who's really the trolls? 

23 quarters Allen and Anderson haven't thrown a TD. And those were against some mediocre defenses. But let's cry when Peterman plays.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

A person who is trying to get a team over a 17 year playoff drought.  If that wasn't the plan, they probably would have drafted a QB early.  

I have literally thought that was plan since day 1.  

1 minute ago, suorangefan4 said:

I like how the same people who go around calling people trolls for saying Josh Allen has been terrible say that "this will be the first Bills game I'll ever skip" because Peterman is playing. Yeah who's really the trolls? 

23 quarters Allen and Anderson haven't thrown a TD. And those were against some mediocre defenses. But let's cry when Peterman plays. Weirdos.

i hope this kid comes out and kicks ass!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i'm not going any farther than this....i'll read the posts later...but this is what should have happened a long time ago. they could have stuck with him past the first game...

like the first qtr.  he also should have been the starter even after houston. i can't believe all the nate hate when we got the exact same results from DA,  that would have had the pitchforks out for nate. he threw a f..ing pick 6 to seal the game last night!  nobody treats it as though it means anything!....not to mention 4 picks in 2 games...GTFO.

first of all, he's a young guy, without having started a lot of games. he may have even fared better than DA over the last two games and we would have been able to determine  for sure whether this guy could have a future here or not.   instead, we trotted out a 13 yr. backup who has no plans after december related to football.

now, we are forced to play nate and after he pulls off a string of wins, we will all be looking to next year. face it, we are out of the post season, but if nate can roll off some wins and josh has the last couple of games, maybe we can feel good about what we have and get a plan together for adding offensive talent.

if this staff doesn't start getting their head outta their ass and quit swaying to public opinion,  i'm gonna lose faith quick. please dear Lord give this kid a break and let him shine.

he has way more talent than DA and hopefully the time has come to show it...just maybe we will see another td pass....by the only guy that seems to be capable of throwing them.

"let him shine" hahahahahahahahahahaha. you're operating in bad faith. you know he's statistically one of the worst QBs in NFL history right now. "if he pulls off a string of wins" he has 3 TDs 9 INTs and a 45% completion rate. Get your own head out of your ass. 

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Good. This will shut up everyone who thinks this guy is an NFL talent.

I will not shut up. I still consider him an acceptable NFL backup. Gunner and Kirby can harangue me all they want---- I will not yield! My prediction is that he will play respectably and the Bills will win. When that happens the haters are going to be disappointed. I will be ecstatic but being humble as I am I will not scold. :)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

For the first time in my life, I want a Bills QB to do well not for the Bills as a team, but for them as a human being.

Peterman already has had to deal with so much, just for failing at a game, that any more failure could ruin the guy's head permanently. 

He probably didn't expect his life to take this turn when he was at Pitt playing football, dreaming of improving his life & getting drafted to an NFL team. Now his life his the butt of jokes, and his name is synonymous with interceptions. Hope it goes well for him, if even just this one last time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

"let him shine" hahahahahahahahahahaha. you're operating in bad faith. you know he's statistically one of the worst QBs in NFL history right now. "if he pulls off a string of wins" he has 3 TDs 9 INTs and a 45% completion rate. Get your own head out of your ass. 

It's a three game sample size.

Not to mention the Chargers game was a complete joke. There were several players who cried about T.T being benched and they purposely hung Peterman out to dry. Watch the way Mills blocked in that game compared to the rest of the year. He wasn't even attempting to block anyone when Peterman was in. Even Bosa was miced up and laughed how he wasn't being blocked at all. Two of the INTs Peterman got drilled as he was throwing. Another Dimarco let a ball hit off his hands and get picked.

He probably leads the league in dropped pass % too. I can't remember ever seeing a QB have more dropped passing that Peterman.

Also Jared Goff was called a bust after just one year. Now he's one of the top QBs. Maybe people should've... I don't know... given him more than 7 games to label him that? Peterman has had 3 with absolutely no help from teammates. 

Hell Zay Jones was a complete bust  after not even a full season too according to almost everyone on here. Now people think he's good. Maybe they were quick to judge. Yeah nobody will ever admit that.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

bla bla bla....so ...i should root root for DA?   and there's no such thing as bad faith. at least with nate we have a chance of seeing the chains move and a first down once in a while...not to mention a perfect end zone throw here and there. if you're happy with what you got, let's discuss the heads in ass thing...

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I will not shut up. I still consider him an acceptable NFL backup. Gunner and Kirby can harangue me all they want---- I will not yield! My prediction is that he will play respectably and the Bills will win. When that happens the haters are going to be disappointed. I will be ecstatic but being humble as I am I will not scold. :)

Chicago is number 1 at take aways in the league......good luck with that  one...it doesnt matter which garbage QB starts either NP or DA.....both are going to have a very very long day

Edited by JPP

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You see THIS POST right here is the problem.  You are DELUSIONAL in your recollection of what happened.  

Please tell me how they blew up the offense in year 2?  All we did was trade Tyrod for more than anyone believed we would get.  But please again, show me how they "blew it up"???  We didn't do anything to the offense this past year other than move on from a QB that had taken us as far as he could, something 98% of this board wanted to do, maybe even 100%. TWO of our pro bowl OL guys suddenly retired, but how is that Beanes fault???

So please oh please, show me where they "blew it up"

"No way to prevent this" - says only franchise where this regularly happens.

In the history of the NFL how many teams wind up doing well when through injuries they get down to their third QB?  I can't think of any.  Granted they should have had Anderson or a similar guy here when they traded  McCarron but when injuries make you play three guys it just doesn't work out well.

I will say this reminds me more and more of Ed Rutkowski.  If Thomas has to step in Sunday it would be a return to '68.