Tank losers, that record is part of history.

3u751k

I'm watching every Bills game.  I don't give a f#ck anymore.

I'd rather the Bills be 3 - 13 and make teams earn every point, other than watching them surrender.  

Screw our QBs if they can't go.  Hand it and lateral it off to WRs.

If we are going out losing we might as well treat ourselves to the most unorthodox gameplay.

If you think this thread sucks you can bite me, those entitled 

Draft picks haven't meant I thing for the past 20 years and they won't matter next year.

Let's win right now with the heart, soul and outside forces we have.

All of our accumulated draft picks this season won't mean squat if our FO wastes them on a buncha religious choir boys.

Edited by 3u751k
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'm always confused by these people who start random threads ranting with a username like 3u751k. Does that mean something or did u do all the 1u...k, 2u...k names before this one. 

If Allen is playing, I don't want them to do what you're saying at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3u751k said:

I'd rather the Bills be 3 - 13 and make teams earn every point, other than watching them surrender.  

If we are going out losing we might as well treat ourselves to the most unorthodox gameplay.

Draft picks haven't meant I thing for the past 20 years and they won't matter next year.

Tell me more about these "outside forces." Are they with you as we speak?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Actually....I think that is what you are exactly seeing

If this team was in full tank mode......Shady would already be traded by now

If this team was trying to salvage their season.....there are trades to be made that could improve the team

Notice how they are not doing either?  Notice how Deboll is still here even though we cant score 10 points a game?

I am having a VERY hard time believing that this is not all part of the overall plan......and that the team is looking at who they can take with a top 5 pick/look at what type of bounty of draft picks they can get in a trade down

Wide receiver.....offensive linemen.....TE......these are all areas that can be well addressed in rounds 1-3

I think I would like to see the bills trade for Hassan just to complete the D this year......then you know that this is a strength heading into next year as you massively retool this offense

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think I would like to see the bills trade for Hassan just to complete the D this year......then you know that this is a strength heading into next year as you massively retool this offense

I watched him play the last 2 weeks and it was bad. I don't think it's the Big Nickel scheme either, he just doesn't have a nose for the ball. For a guy that's on the field for 100% of the snaps he doesn't make an impact at all.

2 minutes ago, QCity said:

I watched him play the last 2 weeks and it was bad. I don't think it's the Big Nickel scheme either, he just doesn't have a nose for the ball. For a guy that's on the field for 100% of the snaps he doesn't make an impact at all.

On Thursday night football the guy was rushing the passer and was in the backfield....a lot....I am not sure where this is coming from.

We need pass rush going into next season....they guy seems tailor made for our defense....and defensive players traded do not seem to require a high pick....matching him up with Edmunds and Milano gives us a very athletic group of guys that can all get after a QB

Edited by John from Riverside

It is not in McD's process to outright tank. However they seem to be in a "Soft Tank" mode (That is try to win as much as possible but do not make aggressive moves to improve the roster to try and squeak out one extra win which wouldn't be very helpful) which kind of stands by what they did the previous year (Trading Sammy and Darby for picks but taking back players like EJ and Matthews to help compete.) 

I do think that the defense will be good enough to win 3-4 more games (I think they at least split the Jets and Fins games while sneaking 1-2 other games) for this team which would put them between 5-6 wins. That's not going to net a massive pick but it should put them well within the top 10 draft wise where they can find a dynamic offensive player hopefully. 

2 hours ago, 3u751k said:

Incomprehensible, including your title.

You’re off to a great start.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

On Thursday night football the guy was rushing the passer and was in the backfield....a lot....I am not sure where this is coming from.

We need pass rush going into next season....they guy seems tailor made for our defense....and defensive players traded do not seem to require a high pick....matching him up with Edmunds and Milano gives us a very athletic group of guys that can all get after a QB

Their D was on the field a lot last game getting blown out 45-10 and he didn't register a single QB pressure or tackle-for-loss. He looked lost against the Vikings the week before as well. He was overdrafted because he blew up the combine. He was a pass rushing DE at Temple at 235lbs. Those guys don't work in the NFL and they rarely transition to OLB with any success. Remind you of anybody?

• Like (+1) 1

But as for high draft picks not mattering, that's utter nonsense. They're not the only thing that matters, but they matter plenty.

And as for them not mattering for the Bills for the last 20 years, they are part of the reason we sucked for so long. We reloaded and reloaded and reloaded and even when we did occasionally rebuild we got unlucky and had to do it with generally lower draft picks.

We had the #4 pick one year and got Dareus instead of Cam Newton. And other than that, where were all the high picks? We pretty much didn't have any. We kept being "good" enough to draft 9th, 11th ... on and on and not high enough to get real impact players.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

There really is no such thing as tanking in the NFL. It's a hockey term and maybe another sport or two.

In football, what they do is rebuild.

They say they rebuild and then go 20 years without a QB, and hype the D and a running back

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

It is not in McD's process to outright tank. However they seem to be in a "Soft Tank" mode (That is try to win as much as possible but do not make aggressive moves to improve the roster to try and squeak out one extra win which wouldn't be very helpful) which kind of stands by what they did the previous year (Trading Sammy and Darby for picks but taking back players like EJ and Matthews to help compete.) 

I do think that the defense will be good enough to win 3-4 more games (I think they at least split the Jets and Fins games while sneaking 1-2 other games) for this team which would put them between 5-6 wins. That's not going to net a massive pick but it should put them well within the top 10 draft wise where they can find a dynamic offensive player hopefully. 

Oh yeah , the ol "Soft Tank " ... Um... ?

6 hours ago, 3u751k said:

"Tank" implies that the team is could win games but is deliberately attempting to lose games to get a high draft pick.   Unfortunately, the Bills aren't losing deliberately.  They're simply so lacking in NFL caliber talent, especially on offense, that they don't have to try to lose.  Even their best efforts can't get them wins except when the sun, moon, and stars all align in some special pattern as they did in the wins against Minnesota and Tennessee.

If you can continue to watch the Bills manure show, you have a far stronger constitution than me.  I can get maybe through the first quarter before I start channel surfing to Sunday Ticket to find some entertaining football.

Thanks for the responses.

For the time I've watched the Bills, I haven't seen any one player get drafted that made a difference, they either get traded or bust.

I don't think that changes in one year.

Relying on the draft wasting a season in hopes to save the franchise long-term, is stupid.   But I guess we have no choice but to hire no name college kids, because talent won't come here without big money offers.

Further more, to wrap up the topic, all of our accumulated draft picks this season won't mean squat if our FO wastes them on a buncha religious choirboys, or unproductive players with "character."

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

It's not a "soft tank".  It's "money ball", which is what the Bills played for more than a decade under Russ Brandon, only far more incompetently done than even when Dick Jauron was running the manure show.  After all, it took Jauron more than 3 seasons to bring the Bills to a similar talentless state that McDermott and Beane have achieved in less than 2.    What the Bills have been playing since Whaley got the axe in 2017 is "money ball" run by incompetents with no eye for offensive talent and a mindset stuck in the 1970s or 1980s.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 3u751k said:

All of our accumulated draft picks this season won't mean squat if our FO wastes them on a buncha religious choir boys.

Its that “making teams earn every point” part that was funniest. Have you seen our specials teams and offense?  

With this teams collective “heart and soul” they are good for about 4 or 5 wins.  Enjoy. 

42 minutes ago, McBean said:

Yeah having top draft picks suck!

Who wants to have the opportunity to draft a  Andrew Luck or Carson Wentz first overall!??

sucks I tell ya! SUCKS!

Yes we should tank so we can draft Luck or Wentz 1st overall.

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

There really is no such thing as tanking in the NFL. It's a hockey term and maybe another sport or two.

In football, what they do is rebuild.

Spurs tanked to draft Robinson and then Duncan

If we're going to draft top 5, I want Bosa.    We've seen what his brother does with Ingram in LA.   

Then I want WRs/OL.    We have all those picks in this draft, no need to use them all, trade picks and move up into the 2nd and 3rd round.   

9 hours ago, 3u751k said:

If being a fan of this team is too hard for you then you should quit.

You're right.

Mike Schopp makes this point all the time. 

You're the double digit underdog Bills. What are you going to do to compensate?

Instead the Bills do what they always do. Talk about running the ball to make the game shorter and running draw plays on 3rd-12 to avoid the turnover. 

I expect McDermott to go straight from Coaching in the 1700's and try to have 98 year old Derek Anderson dump off and play safe all night to avoid turnovers. McDermott is as cutting edge as a butter knife. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

It's not a "soft tank".  It's "money ball", which is what the Bills played for more than a decade under Russ Brandon, only far more incompetently done than even when Dick Jauron was running the manure show.  After all, it took Jauron more than 3 seasons to bring the Bills to a similar talentless state that McDermott and Beane have achieved in less than 2.    What the Bills have been playing since Whaley got the axe in 2017 is "money ball" run by incompetents with no eye for offensive talent and a mindset stuck in the 1970s or 1980s.  

Yes but he tried lol!!!

In his first draft (2006), Jauron and Levy absolutely destroyed this team.

After that draft I said that the team would be harmed for 5 years by their stupidity. It turned out that I fell way short on my prediction.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Búfalo Blanco said:

So, where was happy hour tonight...? I must try this place...

This feels more like it went all afternoon and well into the evening. It’s the “extended happy hour” that creates this jibberish. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was going to start a separate thread but this may fit in this one (just about anything can fit into this one).  It's the Animal House argument.  "We're going to get waxed Monday night no matter what we do so we might as well have a good time doing it."  Let's do something we haven't done in 17 years with Brady.  Blitz every play.  Play tight coverage.  Hit him every play.  Hit him after the whistle.  Hit him at the knees.  Hit him in the head.  He'll kill you if you blitz but so what.  He'll kill you if you don't.  The penalties won't help but so what.  We're not going to win the game no matter what.  For chrissakes, he's 41, see if he can absorb some punishment. 

On an unrelated topic the local paper decided to print all time leaders in TD passes.  Three of the top nine are from the same draft class (E. Manning, Rivers and Rothlisberger).  Gee, to bad we didn't pick a QB that year. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

I was going to start a separate thread but this may fit in this one (just about anything can fit into this one).  It's the Animal House argument.  "We're going to get waxed Monday night no matter what we do so we might as well have a good time doing it."  Let's do something we haven't done in 17 years with Brady.  Blitz every play.  Play tight coverage.  Hit him every play.  Hit him after the whistle.  Hit him at the knees.  Hit him in the head.  He'll kill you if you blitz but so what.  He'll kill you if you don't.  The penalties won't help but so what.  We're not going to win the game no matter what.  For chrissakes, he's 41, see if he can absorb some punishment. 

On an unrelated topic the local paper decided to print all time leaders in TD passes.  Three of the top nine are from the same draft class (E. Manning, Rivers and Rothlisberger).  Gee, to bad we didn't pick a QB that year. 

We did.  Losman.  We picked the wrong one.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes but he tried lol!!!

In his first draft (2006), Jauron and Levy absolutely destroyed this team.

After that draft I said that the team would be harmed for 5 years by their stupidity. It turned out that I fell way short on my prediction.

I know where you stand on this, Bill, but it is the case that the best Bills draftee of this century was part of that 2006 class. I don't really care when he was drafted either; what matters is that he was. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I know where you stand on this, Bill, but it is the case that the best Bills draftee of this century was part of that 2006 class. I don't really care when he was drafted either; what matters is that he was. 

No doubt. Kyle Williams in round 5 was great beyond comprehension. And pure luck. Remember, he wasn't even the first DL they drafted. In fact, they traded up to get McCargo who was almost as bad as Williams is good.

Count me as one who believes that the quality of a draft is determined a lot by the players a team passes on. We passed on stars to take Donte Whitner.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

No doubt. Kyle Williams in round 5 was great beyond comprehension. And pure luck. Remember, he wasn't even the first DL they drafted. In fact, they traded up to get McCargo who was almost as bad as Williams is good.

Count me as one who believes that the quality of a draft is determined a lot by the players a team passes on. We passed on stars to take Donte Whitner.

Agreed. 

11 hours ago, 3u751k said:

I think I see what you're saying and I think I agree. I think.

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

I think its one and the same. McBeane sold ownership on a 3 year plan. The first two years were going to be spent selling off the assets and expensive contracts brought in under Rex/Whaley for draft picks. By year 2 they would have a rookie QB but probably not be ready to compete. By year 3 they would have the critical pieces in place and the cap space needed to up the talent level on the roster. Overall I think they made a smart decision to commit to a deep rebuild with a coach and GM that had a vision. They overachieved in year 1 and that upped the expectations in year 2 but people over estimating the talent level on the roster has a lot of fans but hurt. Not that McBeane hasn't mismanaged the QB position but the offense would still be bad had they kept AJ McCaron. 

7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

We did.  Losman.  We picked the wrong one.

We traded up (actually, traded back into the first round) to get him, too, because the Bills just had to draft a first round QB in "the greatest QB class since 1983".  It doesn't matter if 10 QBs in the first round become "franchise QBs" if you're the team that drafts the guy who busts.  What was even worse about 2004 was that the Bills 2005 first round (part of the pick package to trade up) was #18.  Aaron Rodgers was in that draft and didn't go until #24.

• Sad 1