Yes this is a stressful season but maybe we should just chill.

1 minute ago, ThunderGun said:

It should be in the current NFL. Anything less would be unacceptable. With the cap room and draft capital they have next year, any competent GM and coach would have this team winning football games next year.   

you are talking about a RELOAD....not a REBIULD

When you are strapped down with stupid contracts......cant lose enough games to draft a QB......can win enough games to make it to the post season.....

This was us for YEARS.....and ppl hated it...now the bills are completely stripping down and actually rebiulding....and some fans dont have the patience for it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Bolded is what I thought coming into the season and still feel. 

If next year after retooling and our O is not performing like this year and we are still getting blown out my feeling on the 2020 season with this coaching staff and FO will change though. The next 1.5 years will tell us a lot. I pray that we have this thing straight, I don't want another 3-4 years of "rebuild". 

Most logical, rational fans would have to admit the same reality, and also hope for the same thing for down the road. Yesterday was a perfect storm waiting to happen but not unpredictable given all the problems going in. Need this team to show heart and fight rest of the way though too.

22 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

My son was born in January, to be honest it puts football in perspective.

Went for a walk breathing in the beautiful fall air with my kid who was distracted by every leaf and I felt so much better almost immediately. 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Year 2 we cut even more cancer out of the team and had to deal with a ridiculous amount of dead cap. Zero talent on the team. What was the expectation?

I see a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball, and I'm confident they would have played a lot better on Sunday if we showed even the slightest bit of competency on the offensive side.  I would hope even in a rebuilding/retooling/regurgitating year we could at least field a 'fair' offense but we can't even do that and therefore I think we're wasting what could have been a top defense.  

I don't know what to tell people. You don't fire the whole regime after a season where they have $50 million in dead cap. And before anyone brings it up yes I know this regime created the dead cap, but that's the point. They have a plan and they're sticking to it. The owners signed onto the plan. They're not even thinking about firing anyone until they've had a chance to fully implement that plan. IMO the results need to start coming next year, they'll be out of salary cap hell and they'll have had 3 offseasons to rebuild the team.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

We knew going into this season that this year was going to be a difficult year.  There were many weak positions on the team that did not get addressed, (ie backup qb, offensive line, wide receivers, etc.)  It is painful to watch the team that was a playoff team last year have at the very least an uneven performance level from week to week.  It is even more painful to witness the ineptitude of this team during the all too frequent ugly one sided drubbings.

At this point, our expectations are low for the balance of the season.  But prior to the start of the season, many on this board were saying that if we won 4-5 games, and Allen showed improvement, it would be considered a successful season.  The expectation was that we would retool next year and start to be more competitive and move forward.  

Nothing that has happened today conflicts with that logical view we had the beginning of the season.  I am as stressed as the majority of the Bills fans about what we have witnessed through 7 games this season.  But I am going to take a more relaxed view and just have faith that the process will work and hope for the best.

My feeling is that I will give McBeane through 2020 to prove they know what they are doing.  After that, if the team is still a mess, then I believe we should move on and start over with a new management team.  thoughts...

I'm with you.  Unfortunately there is a significant faction of frustrated fans who are qucik to point fingers and look for scapegoats when the losses start piling up.  Experct another round of "Fire 'McBeane" and change everything in the offseason threads after New England beats up on Buffalo next week.  

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

you are talking about a RELOAD....not a REBIULD

When you are strapped down with stupid contracts......cant lose enough games to draft a QB......can win enough games to make it to the post season.....

This was us for YEARS.....and ppl hated it...now the bills are completely stripping down and actually rebiulding....and some fans dont have the patience for it.

You have no grounded perspective. Nothing new there. Amiright? . But for kicks and giggles. And in football terms.

What is the difference in coach speek between a RELOAD. And  a REBUILD?  We all know the difference but your takes are special. 

Stupid contracts? All of them? Get real and quit drinking OBD's moonshine. 

8 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

You have no grounded perspective. Nothing new there. Amiright? . But for kicks and giggles. And in football terms.

What is the difference in coach speek between a RELOAD. And  a REBUILD?  We all know the difference but your takes are special. 

Stupid contracts? All of them? Get real and quit drinking OBD's moonshine. 

Am I supposed to even take this seriously?

I dont

At this point, our expectations are low for the balance of the season.  But prior to the start of the season, many on this board were saying that if we won 4-5 games, and Allen showed improvement, it would be considered a successful season.  The expectation was that we would retool next year and start to be more competitive and move forward.  

This is true but this isn’t what we are getting. Allen isn’t showing improvement. We aren’t seeing him develop a chemistry with a young WR like Zay that we can look forward to for years to come. Things are looking real bleak.

We knew going into this season that this year was going to be a difficult year.  There were many weak positions on the team that did not get addressed, (ie backup qb, offensive line, wide receivers, etc.)  It is painful to watch the team that was a playoff team last year have at the very least an uneven performance level from week to week.  It is even more painful to witness the ineptitude of this team during the all too frequent ugly one sided drubbings.

Nothing that has happened today conflicts with that logical view we had the beginning of the season.  I am as stressed as the majority of the Bills fans about what we have witnessed through 7 games this season.  But I am going to take a more relaxed view and just have faith that the process will work and hope for the best.

My feeling is that I will give McBeane through 2020 to prove they know what they are doing.  After that, if the team is still a mess, then I believe we should move on and start over with a new management team.  thoughts...

...reasonable assessment......bit comical that the TBD prognosticators were forecasting 3, 4 , 5 or 6 win season.....and despite being on that track, the yips are "we suck"......admittedly, there have been some questionable personnel decisions along the way as well as not even being close to competitive weekly (Vikes appears to have been an anomaly)......those items have fueled the ire......firing everyone now or at the end of the season means yet ANOTHER rebuild, waiting two more years, hiring brass who of course will want their guys....year 2019 will be significantly pivotal and probably one of the more important ones in the last decade with 10 picks and FA $$$.......it will definitely be "show me time" for this gang......and I'd venture to guess that if we are in the same position in 2019 as we are now, as far as limping along, could be some major changes at the end of 2019.....and good Lord, get rid of this damn, overused, meaningless, insignificant "process" crap.....how about if we just play the damn game of football with coaches who can and are willing to develop personnel and adjust their vaunted schemes to fit what they have to work with......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

You might give them through 2020 but I highly doubt our owner does.

I think next year will be their last, commensurate with Allen being declared a failure as a draft pick.

Don't think they can survive Allen busting, and I don't think they'll get another shot at a new QB.

That would be our luck, passed on mahomes, Allen's a bust, won't use a very high draft pick on a QB because of Allen. I sincerely hope not, I really like the kid

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Exactly, too many babies around here

In my opinion, there are too many doormats that accept the company line as it becomes more and more evident that the Pegula's have no idea how to go about putting a actual good team on the field.  They are All-Pros with the One Buffalo window dressing ***** but actually having a team that doesn't regularly get blown out, they are not so good at.  It is year 5 and the honeymoon is over.  How many years do we have to have a bottom 5 offense let alone one of the worst the NFL has seen in years?  We could go 0-16 next season and people would call those who complain babies.  Keep smiling while they feed you a bowl of shitt.

3 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I've been chilling for 40+ years waiting for next year then being slammed with unwatchable losing football. I was getting a bit tired of it, but since you think we should chill, why not. 

I am in the same boat.  My first memories of the Bills go back to the 1963 season. Aside from the two AFL championships and the glory years of the 90's it has been bleak.  If we don't chill, what options do we have.  Quitting the team is not an option for me.  I am hooked in there's no way out.

34 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...reasonable assessment......bit comical that the TBD prognosticators were forecasting 3, 4 , 5 or 6 win season.....and despite being on that track, the yips are "we suck"......admittedly, there have been some questionable personnel decisions along the way as well as not even being close to competitive weekly (Vikes appears to have been an anomaly)......those items have fueled the ire......firing everyone now or at the end of the season means yet ANOTHER rebuild, waiting two more years, hiring brass who of course will want their guys....year 2019 will be significantly pivotal and probably one of the more important ones in the last decade with 10 picks and FA $$$.......it will definitely be "show me time" for this gang......and I'd venture to guess that if we are in the same position in 2019 as we are now, as far as limping along, could be some major changes at the end of 2019.....and good Lord, get rid of this damn, overused, meaningless, insignificant "process" crap.....how about if we just play the damn game of football with coaches who can and are willing to develop personnel and adjust their vaunted schemes to fit what they have to work with......

I agree with you 100%! 

2 hours ago, ThunderGun said:

One rebuilding year is fine... A rebuilding year after making the playoffs for the first time in almost 20 years seems a bit backwards... besides, I’ve seen nothing from this current coach/GM to inspire any confidence that this current “rebuild” is actually going to lead this team anywhere except back to drawing the board to come up with blue prints for the next architectural makeover.

What players/anything do you use from last year's playoff team to build a future? Tyrod? I'm curious what the blue print was that we should have copied here...

Just because you don't play yourselves out of a season in which there was a year with borderline unprecedented parity among teams in the league, and where you can luck into the postseason, doesn't mean you have a team to build from for the future. It was clear that we weren't going to be SB contenders with TT under center, and two of our stout OL players retired over the summer with little to no warning (except for Richie really). We built a defense off of last year's success, and continued to add to it this year, with some success and some failure. Next up is the offense which was woeful last year still, yet appeared competent. With TT gone and our two top OL players, this season was only going to be worse, and it's fine. The rebuild was needed, and we're in it now - people either need to have their strokes now, or just let the process play itself out.

50 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Gil BrandtVerified account @Gil_Brandt 26s27 seconds ago

MorOf the 50 players taken by the Raiders in the last six drafts, only 16.0% remain, lowest % among all 32 teams.
Raiders 16.0%
Bills 16.3%
Giants 20.5%
Browns 20.7%
49ers 24.6%

So you're saying we cannot even be number one at being pathetic?

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I am in the same boat.  My first memories of the Bills go back to the 1963 season. Aside from the two AFL championships and the glory years of the 90's it has been bleak.  If we don't chill, what options do we have.  Quitting the team is not an option for me.  I am hooked in there's no way out.

I agree with you 100%! 

...great job on your assessment as well, bud...nicely done.....:thumbsup:

53 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Gil BrandtVerified account @Gil_Brandt 26s27 seconds ago

MorOf the 50 players taken by the Raiders in the last six drafts, only 16.0% remain, lowest % among all 32 teams.
Raiders 16.0%
Bills 16.3%
Giants 20.5%
Browns 20.7%
49ers 24.6%

Yep - this is a great way to become a perennial bottom feeder with an 8-8/9-7 ceiling...

Though I wonder how much of the raider's stat will be skewed by Gruden cleaning house and stacking draft picks.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I am Pro Chaz Bono, so don't worry about paying me.

Perhaps it's because I'm not a Buffalonian, I don't know.  I will admit that the rare occasions during which the Mets field a contending team that I feel some stress during post-season.  But I don't live in NYC, either.

I'll feel stress during Bills games when the games matter.  Until then, I enjoy the wins and shake my head at the losses.

You haven't felt too much stress the last two decades.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

We knew going into this season that this year was going to be a difficult year. 

This is where you are mistaken. There were a lot of people, for some unknown reason, that thought this team was going to make a playoff run. They're very easy to spot now.

1 minute ago, QCity said:

This is where you are mistaken. There were a lot of people, for some unknown reason, that thought this team was going to make a playoff run. They're very easy to spot now.

....and how many during the "drought" prognosticated with "13-3, 12-4, 11-5 10-6, yup this IS the year ....we're going...the schneid is over..I feel playoffs..." yada yada.....whiff...........

I've been following this team since 1963. So I've seen it all before but I gotta tell you, I am sick and FN and tired of being humiliated week to week. I understand we were going to take a step back but I wasn't ready to have us completely crumble. This week was an abomination.  If they can't do a better job coaching than they're gonna lose this locker room soon. There's no excuse, none, to have 6 illegal formation penalties this year. This is plain and simple football. McD do your goddam job and at least have this team respectable.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean, we should just keep people that suck at their jobs then? Just so we don’t fire people again?

Since they haven’t put together the team that they want, and had to clean up the crap the previous regime left us, it’s impossible to judge them yet. 

Your posts mostly suck, when do we get to fire you?

9 minutes ago, Fred Clause said:

Since they haven’t put together the team that they want, and had to clean up the crap the previous regime left us, it’s impossible to judge them yet. 

Your posts mostly suck, when do we get to fire you?

Clean the crap the previous regime left? The team these guys took over was twice as talented as this team. There was no reason to purge all the talented players we had here. It was strictly ego and cluelessness. Thank god a few of them hung around last year and helped carry us to the playoffs. Shady and Tyrod were all we had on offense. Two guys that had nothing to do with McDermott or Beane. The only area this regime has upgraded, is kicker and Dback. Everything else is worse. They didn’t have to dig out of any hole. They made the hole themselves unsolicited. I hope for their own good it ends up working out.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, ctk232 said:

What players/anything do you use from last year's playoff team to build a future? Tyrod? I'm curious what the blue print was that we should have copied here...

Just because you don't play yourselves out of a season in which there was a year with borderline unprecedented parity among teams in the league, and where you can luck into the postseason, doesn't mean you have a team to build from for the future. It was clear that we weren't going to be SB contenders with TT under center, and two of our stout OL players retired over the summer with little to no warning (except for Richie really). We built a defense off of last year's success, and continued to add to it this year, with some success and some failure. Next up is the offense which was woeful last year still, yet appeared competent. With TT gone and our two top OL players, this season was only going to be worse, and it's fine. The rebuild was needed, and we're in it now - people either need to have their strokes now, or just let the process play itself out.

They didn’t need to spend 3 draft picks on Allen- They could have kept Tyrod, made a better offer than New York, signed Bridgewater and had a true QB competition.  

While using those draft picks to fill the holes created by losing Wood and Incognito.  

They still would have had two 1s, two 2s, and a 3rd if they kept Tyrod.  They could have still got Edmunds with the original 1st, drafted Jackson at 22 if they wanted a project QB, filled OL holes in the 2nd, and still got Phillips in the 3rd...

These are all common sense, non-Madden approaches that could have been taken and kept this team developing while still competing... Instead we are stuck watching a 17 week train wreck.

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This is true but this isn’t what we are getting. Allen isn’t showing improvement. We aren’t seeing him develop a chemistry with a young WR like Zay that we can look forward to for years to come. Things are looking real bleak.

Allen has played in five games.  It may take a little more time to let him develop.  I would wait at least a full season before you declare Allen a bust.

10 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It's not necessarily the losses that are disturbing as it is the one-sided drubbings where the defense was out schemed such as by the Colts, Ravens, and Chargers.  That wasn't supposed to happen and indicates that the defensive coaching staff is unprepared.  Allen is a rookie and the offense is devoid of talent, so while frustrating, isn't too surprising.  I was just hoping that the losses would be a little more competitive, aside from the Texan game where we were Petermaned.

Or they have inexperienced LBs that got eaten up by experienced qbs that know how to take advantage of raw LBs...