We're On To Buffalo: What the pats Fans Are Saying About the MNF Game Next Week

T&C

actually the few I read were pretty reasonable, this has the potential to be an epically bad game

I put the over/under at 2.5 quarters to watch til i cant take it anymore. Belichek will be certain to score a TD right before the half and one to start Q3, that wil be it for me.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

The only hope I'm grasping to is that the Bills are coming into this game off an embarrassment.  The defense got zero turnovers and zero sacks, and gave up chunk plays all over the place. They *should* man up this week and at least the defense should come out and look to redeem themselves.  I have little hope for the offense to keep pace, but I'm hoping the D can put a hurting on NE and maybe rough up Brady a bit.  

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The only hope I'm grasping to is that the Bills are coming into this game off an embarrassment.  The defense got zero turnovers and zero sacks, and gave up chunk plays all over the place. They *should* man up this week and at least the defense should come out and look to redeem themselves.  I have little hope for the offense to keep pace, but I'm hoping the D can put a hurting on NE and maybe rough up Brady a bit.  

You need to play well on both sides of the ball to beat New England. Bill Belichick will embarrass our offense like he always does.

14 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

What scheduler was heavily medicated enough to put this game on Monday night. 

The same one that wanted to give NE their usual cakewalk to home field for the AFC title game. Had to give the Bills a PT appearance due to their playoff berth and NE needed their typical 6 or 7. MNF @ BUF ? Problem solved! 

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The same one that wanted to give NE their usual cakewalk to home field for the AFC title game. Had to give the Bills a PT appearance due to their playoff berth and NE needed their typical 6 or 7. MNF @ BUF ? Problem solved! 

this game was going to be a cakewalk for the pats regardless of when or where played.  I rarely gamble, and even less often in a game involving a buffalo sports team but this one is sorely tempting!

1 hour ago, CodeMonkey said:

Someone figured they'd be nice to Bills season ticket holders.  I assume you can get a nice premium from all those rich Pats fans caravaning down I-90.

• Like (+1) 1

storm-ahead.jpg

CATEGORY TB12 

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Someone figured they'd be nice to Bills season ticket holders.  I assume you can get a nice premium from all those rich Pats fans caravaning down I-90.

Get their Zip Code and charge double  you would that of a local

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

It would be nice if McD and Frazier come up with an aggressive defensive plan to put pressure on Brady, which is their only chance of getting to him.  We may still get beat, but we'd at least look respectable by hurrying and sacking Brady.  Sit back and play cover their receiver zones will get picked apart badly.

1 minute ago, thunderingsquid said:

He's a 100% f ing asswipe 

I hope Jerry lands on him and buries him, 

I hope Kyle lands on him and buries him, 

I hope Milano lands on him and buries him, 

I hope Phillips lands on him and buries him, 

I hope LorAx lands on him and buries him, 

I hope Star lands on him and buries him, 

I hope Poyer and Hyde sandwich his ass  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's probably Pegula's reward for making the playoffs last year. The league offices threw him a bone. National exposure. lol

This will be the last night game in Buffalo for years. 

The Bills will be sacrificed at the altar of Belichick in Prime Time... for the Boston mahket and the Patriots' nation-wide fan base.  They'll enjoy this game the way I enjoyed the 1990 AFC Championship game.  It's a lot of fun watching your team click on all cylinders, so they should be in for a treat.

Last year's playoff team lost by 20 in Buffalo, 21 at Gillette.  Knowing Brady's track record against the team (ESPECIALLY in nationally televised games), there is no logical reason to be optimistic.  With the state of our offense, I honestly think New England could win with defense alone.  Even if it's a competitive loss, it would be a sure heartbreaker as it was when Leodis fumbled a rare win away.

Our only prayer is that this coming week is Bookie Weekend... it seems like there's one week in every season that all the division leaders/favorites lose.

I may not even tune in for this blood bath.   It's bad to see us suck vs the Colts, they're bad, we're bad.    I have no desire to get mad as hell watching the refs give the game to Brady with BS calls an us every single drive.   And I have no desire to watch it in prime time.    I can tell you the score right now.  48-6 and if we get 2 field goals it might be a miracle.  This offense may not pass mid field in the first half.   The good news is the Pats will be resting their starters in the 4th quarter so maybe in garbage time we can move the ball at least close enough for  a couple FGs. 

8 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I may not even tune in for this blood bath.   It's bad to see us suck vs the Colts, they're bad, we're bad.    I have no desire to get mad as hell watching the refs give the game to Brady with BS calls an us every single drive.   And I have no desire to watch it in prime time.    I can tell you the score right now.  48-6 and if we get 2 field goals it might be a miracle.  This offense may not pass mid field in the first half.   The good news is the Pats will be resting their starters in the 4th quarter so maybe in garbage time we can move the ball at least close enough for  a couple FGs. 

More like  65 to 5 or 6.

Put in Nate early, get that TD then yank him and let Anderson throw the INT's and fumble 

:devil:   I'l such a :censored:er

27 minutes ago, boater said:

Who the F cares what the next week's opponents fans are saying?

Maybe younger people care what others say.. but at my age I could give 2 craps what some other fan says.

After reading this I've decided to post these EACH and EVERY week. We need a finger on the pulse of the opponents fanbase you know.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, boater said:

Who the F cares what the next week's opponents fans are saying?

Maybe younger people care what others say.. but at my age I could give 2 craps what some other fan says.

I agree. 

Its the D bad Bradyvand his ugly mug taunting us that pisses me off

As they say in theater 

Break a leg

3 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

MNF has been screwed over for years while NBC can cherry pick the best game for Sunday nights 

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

Sooo 20-3 again is what your saying haha

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Last time the Bills played the Pats on monday night it was entertaining, though heartbreaking. 

Your thinking of 2009, 2015 was the last time we played them on MNF

2 hours ago, Sandhill Mike said:

The Bills will be sacrificed at the altar of Belichick in Prime Time... for the Boston mahket and the Patriots' nation-wide fan base.  They'll enjoy this game the way I enjoyed the 1990 AFC Championship game.  It's a lot of fun watching your team click on all cylinders, so they should be in for a treat.

Last year's playoff team lost by 20 in Buffalo, 21 at Gillette.  Knowing Brady's track record against the team (ESPECIALLY in nationally televised games), there is no logical reason to be optimistic.  With the state of our offense, I honestly think New England could win with defense alone.  Even if it's a competitive loss, it would be a sure heartbreaker as it was when Leodis fumbled a rare win away.

Our only prayer is that this coming week is Bookie Weekend... it seems like there's one week in every season that all the division leaders/favorites lose.

I actually considered and at one point wanted to go to this. Thankfully ticket prices scared me off in July and then the season started cementing no reason to attend this at all.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billspro said:

Probably the same thing Brady said, 6 and 2.

Its embarrassing that we can’t even give New England a good game.

..with Brady being 29-3 versus Bflo, what exactly would you expect him to say?.......throw in 15AFCE titles and 5 rings for good measure......"...yes, a prime time MNF game versus the Bills, a darn good, well coached  football team, will CERTAINLY test our mettle and resolve.......ANYTHING less than our A game is not acceptable and leaves the outcome a REAL tossup".....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 2

I’d rather be a Bills fan - especially compared to any Pats fan under 30.

That latter group is just weird, imo. All they know is winning.  It sounds great, especially to us, but they’ll never know or understand that feeling of ending a drought or overcoming years of adversity.   It’s really the opposite for them - they’ll have to adjust to a post-Brady reality that will pale in comparison to what they’ve known.

Can’t wait.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..with Brady being 29-3 versus Bflo, what exactly would you expect him to say?.......throw in 15AFCE titles and 5 rings for good measure......"...yes, a prime time MNF game versus the Bills, a darn good, well coached  football team, will CERTAINLY test our mettle and resolve.......ANYTHING less than our A game is not acceptable and leaves the outcome a REAL tossup".....

It just sucks that he can taunt our fan base because he knows they are going to win. Our team is turning into a practice game for other NFL teams at this point. If the other team gets even average QB play the game is over. As soon as a saw Luck on the second series I knew we had lost, that is how bad our offense is.

11 minutes ago, Success said:

I’d rather be a Bills fan - especially compared to any Pats fan under 30.

That latter group is just weird, imo. All they know is winning.  It sounds great, especially to us, but they’ll never know or understand that feeling of ending a drought or overcoming years of adversity.   It’s really the opposite for them - they’ll have to adjust to a post-Brady reality that will pale in comparison to what they’ve known.

Can’t wait.

...ever wonder what would be the reaction if the tables were turned a 180?.......I'd bet we would be OVERLY HUMBLE if OUR QB had 15 AFCE titles, 5 rings and a 29-3 record versus our most hated opponent, right?....."yes sir, yes mam, please and thank you, curtsies, nice of you to say, butt kisses, etc".....you get my drift.....

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...ever wonder what would be the reaction if the tables were turned a 180?.......I'd bet we would be OVERLY HUMBLE if OUR QB had 15 AFCE titles, 5 rings and a 29-3 record versus our most hated opponent, right?....."yes sir, yes mam, please and thank you, curtsies, nice of you to say, butt kisses, etc".....you get my drift.....

Of course - but I still don’t envy it.  I know some fans there, and they are different people now, especially during the season.

”Insufferably smug” is just never a quality that I’ll value...

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

With as crazy as this season has been, watch we'll end-up winning this game.

Maybe we'll go all out "Vikings game" on the mofo's... no one saw that coming.

We don't have an offence to speak of so the game shouldn't be competitive, but I wouldn't discount the possibility that McDermott, Frazier and the Bills D bounce back enuf to prevent a total humiliation on the national stage. They will wear down eventually since we are only playing with half a deck but I expect a much better effort than against the Colts.