Complimentary Football vs. Derogatory Football

McDermott always preaches how we need to play “complimentary football” and I agree...whether you are training your dog, teaching your kid how to catch a baseball, eating your wife’s “new recipe” dinner or building a football team, it’s 100 times better to compliment others than to yell at them or criticize them. 

Did you ever see McDermott on the sideline during a game or even at training camp? He’s always complimenting the players, clapping at them, saying “nice job” or “well done Nate/Josh/etc”. 

The old expression “You can catch a mouse with honey and not vinegar” rings true. If coaches compliment players, then players will compliment each other...it’s creates a positive environment. There’s no place for derogatory remarks in the NFL. Those coaches who are hard-***** rarely do well. 

Complimentary football all is superior to derogatory/critical football. Just my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

I thought the expression was “You can draw flies with honey, but if you really want to see a swarm trot Nate Peterman out on the field and let him poop his pants again.”

Now if only you could catch more footballs with honey... or vinegar... or s***... the Bills could slather whichever worked best on Kelvin Benjamin before the game and at the half and he might actually function like a WR again.

The honey might make it easier for the DB to stick to him, though.

On the other hand, the s*** might help him get some separation from the DB, cuz, I mean, who’d want to cover Kelvin Benjamin when he’s covered in s***, right?  

I suspect s*** won’t help him catch balls, though. Everything about him has been s*** this season... his attitude, his effort, his understanding of the offense, and despite so much KB related s*** he can’t catch a cold, so I guess the evidence for covering him in s*** to help him catch balls is probably not there... I’d still like to do it though... you know, just to see... and because he deserves it. 

Edited by transient

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

McDermott always preaches how we need to play “complimentary football” and I agree...whether you are training your dog, teaching your kid how to catch a baseball, eating your wife’s “new recipe” dinner or building a football team, it’s 100 times better to compliment others than to yell at them or criticize them. 

Did you ever see McDermott on the sideline during a game or even at training camp? He’s always complimenting the players, clapping at them, saying “nice job” or “well done Nate/Josh/etc”. 

The old expression “You can catch a mouse with honey and not vinegar” rings true. If coaches compliment players, then players will compliment each other...it’s creates a positive environment. There’s no place for derogatory remarks in the NFL. Those coaches who are hard-***** rarely do well. 

Complimentary football all is superior to derogatory/critical football. Just my opinion. 

This post sucks.

• Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

This post sucks.

Folks - here’s a prime example of derogatory posting. Complimentary posting (like complimentary football) helps a team grow. This post does nothing but denigrate others who wish to practice conplimentary posting. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Folks - here’s a prime example of derogatory posting. Complimentary posting (like complimentary football) helps a team grow. This post does nothing but denigrate others who wish to practice conplimentary posting. 

You are one of the better witless posters at this site.

Is that better?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

On 10/21/2018 at 5:45 AM, BringBackFergy said:

This.

On 10/21/2018 at 4:30 AM, Teddy KGB said:

Complimentary breakfast is better

You don't even really have to have stayed there. Just blend on it and it's free bagels for everyone.

As far as complimentary football, it refers to players reading and reacting to the actions of one another in order to make plays. It's the type of nonsensical coach speak McDermott is famous for. But I like the OP's idea of the term better.

I prefer a player's coach myself personally, would take a Pete Carroll over John Harbaugh.. but the styles clearly can succeed equally. You just need to be a good coach at the end of the day, leadership is genuinely being yourself with a psycopathic passion for winning. Players respond to someone who wears his emotions on his sleeve, don't put on an act, and uh.. are smart X's and O's guys

26 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I prefer a player's coach myself personally, would take a Pete Carroll over John Harbaugh.. but the styles clearly can succeed equally. You just need to be a good coach at the end of the day, leadership is genuinely being yourself with a psycopathic passion for winning. Players respond to someone who wears his emotions on his sleeve, don't put on an act, and uh.. are smart X's and O's guys

But you have to admit, complimentary football helps a player feel better about themselves which, in the long run, helps the team. There should be more compliments on the football field. 

On 10/22/2018 at 11:19 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

I see what you did here, but I believe he's talking about "complementary" football.

I couldn't tell if the OP was serious or not. But , yours is a great post. You should keep trying harder

On 10/23/2018 at 4:33 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

So....... 

Am I complementary or derogatory?

Asking for a friend 

Tbh, I have no idea what complementary football means. Is this another fad word like "optics" , "sideways" ?