Is Nate Peteman the worst QB in NFL history?

bills6969

20 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I hated Jeff Tuel and abused him here. But he is substantially better than NP. 

You might hate my posts, but I've noticed I like your posts a lot. I hated Jeff Tuel, I hate the thought of Jeff Tuel, but you're right again.

Peterman loses you games. No Oline blame, no bad defense excuse. The guy is just the definition of awful.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

It's not negativity. It's the truth. Its a gigantic misjudgement by him and he deserves to be criticized for it.

Hed be getting destroyed by the NYC media if he was the coach of the Jets or Giants. 

Completely agree with you. If I say something and can be shown I'm wrong I own it. I say good point.

All these McDermott fans just go on about this process and not being a real fan. It's a !@#$ing joke. We're all real fans here. We can disagree. I've just noticed a shift in attitudes, even at my job, if you criticize them, and McDermott, get ready for it.

I don't blame Peterman in the least. It's not his fault he lacks the talent to play QB in the NFL. I find his quote annoying, but really, the blame falls on McDermott for sticking with him and citing his faith as one reason why.  I understand the concept of bringing in high character guys, but a roster full of Bible Thumpers isn't going to cut it.

This is Exhibit No. 1,265,735 in support of the argument that the Bills' organization is at or certainly very near the bottom of the NFL. There is zero excuse for the front office putting together this offense, from a weak OL, to non-NFL receivers, to QBs who either are simply not ready to play in the NFL and perhaps may never be, in the case of Allen, or never will be ready to play in the NFL, in the case of Peterman. Starting the season with those two as your options is organizational malpractice and Bills' season ticket holders should file a class action suit asking for their money back.  The defense is pretty darn good, but no defense can survive what is likely the worst offense in the history of the Bills, and that is saying something.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think he's a good defensive coach. 

Hes demonstrated to be a bad evaluator of offensive talent and coaches. 

DCs who become head coaches have to hire talented OCs, just as OCs who become head coaches have to bring in a talented DC. McDermott has had two mediocre OCs so far, and neither he nor Beane seem to have a clue about bringing in offensive talent.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think he's a good defensive coach. 

Hes demonstrated to be a bad evaluator of offensive talent and coaches. 

I think he's a great defensive coach, unfortunately it's not that era. I really do believe he is potentially elite when it comes to defense.

the guy is trash, it's probably too late in his career that he shouldn't throw the ball to the far hash mark. It's quite porbable that teams are kind of waiting for him to attempt that throw, but WTH, chuck it bro', only positive things can come from it...................for the other team. 

1 minute ago, Fixxxer said:

the guy is trash, it's probably too late in his career that he shouldn't throw the ball to the far hash mark. It's quite porbable that teams are kind of waiting for him to attempt that throw, but WTH, chuck it bro', only positive things can come from it...................for the other team. 

Thing is you pump fake that throw you get a huge completion (assuming OL gives him the extra two seconds or so he would need). 

I will defend Peterman.  Under no circumstances should Daboll be calling intermediate to deep outs with him under center.  Part of being an OC and playcaller is knowing your personnel.  If you can't understand he doesn't have the arm to get it there, you are an incompetent idiot.

Calling the same plays for Allen and Petey is a fool's errand.  Peterman needs quick slants and balls he can throw over defenders heads.  Allen is the guy who can drive the ball 15-20 yards on the out.

Just terrible.

You can't even have Peterman on the sidelines anymore. I mean it. The other players gotta resent him.

Just having him roaming around the sidelines is bad news. It will undermine the coach, and could even divide the team (or unite the players...against the coach).

He is baaad karma.

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I will defend Peterman.  Under no circumstances should Daboll be calling intermediate to deep outs with him under center.  Part of being an OC and playcaller is knowing your personnel.  If you can't understand he doesn't have the arm to get it there, you are an incompetent idiot.

Calling the same plays for Allen and Petey is a fool's errand.  Peterman needs quick slants and balls he can throw over defenders heads.  Allen is the guy who can drive the ball 15-20 yards on the out.

Just terrible.

That was about a 6-7 yard out. In no way was that a deep out. Not even close. 

And Peterman sucks at quick slants too. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and what if he STARTS next week if Josh is a "no go"?....uh oh................I'd start Anderson and let 'em hand off 45 times....................

I loved the kid...and I honestly wouldn’t let him take another snap for this team again, regardless of how many plays Anderson knows.

cut him now or cut him later I really don’t care.  He just should never see the field again in the red white and blue.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

You must have been drinking a lot. I just rewatched it. The ball was snapped at the 25. Joseph caught it at the 28-29. It was a four yard pass at the longest. 

Whoops, my bad. I was in the middle of chanting "no picks no picks no picks" in my prayer circle.  God is dead.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Just terrible.

Know thyself, said the lord.

If, after throwing 5 picks on that same !@#$ing pattern, you don't learn that you shouldn't be attempting such pass, you don't belong on a football field. Call an audible to a run, but don't try to attempt a pass that you know you don't have the arm strength to complete it. 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yes.  No question.  And the coach and GM who keep trotting him out there have revealed themselves to be two of the worst pro personnel evaluators in the history of the NFL.

Cutting Peterman tomorrow solves nothing. He should've been released and replaced with someone like Anderson after week 1.  Why do they keep hanging on to a player who has no business in the NFL.  We wasted today one of the best defensive performances in Bill's history. The offense & ST should be ashamed of themselves. 

The reason he looks so bad is that he keeps getting thrown out there by McDermott. Any other QB would have been cut and been bagging groceries by the end of last season. Not with Peterman, for some reason.

In fact, my money's on him starting next week.

Edited by vincec

19 minutes ago, vincec said:

Any other QB would have been cut and been bagging groceries by the end of last season. Not with Peterman, for some reason.

Agreed.  It’s baffling how a marginal player, who has never shown anything to distinguish himself or been impressive at all in his position, has been handed so many chances!

He’s been so memorably bad on multiple occasions.  And it’s not like there’s some great promise there, or that he represents a huge investment or that there’s any reason to believe that he “just needs more time” or anything like that.

i just can’t fathom why he’s still here.  And I feel for the guy.  It must be hugely painful to face all the ridicule.  Most guys who aren’t good enough for the nfl just sort of quietly fade away as a training camp casualty.  It’s unusual to see these terrible performances get repeated.  I think it does say something about the state of the Bills organization at this point.  It just reeks of Amateur Hour.

Edited by Cugalabanza
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cugalabanza said:

Agreed.  It’s baffling how a marginal player, who has never shown anything to distinguish himself or Ben impressive at all in his position, has been handed so many chances!

He’s been so memorably bad on multiple occasions.  And it’s not like there’s some great promise there, or that he represents a huge investment or that there’s any reason to believe that he “just needs more time” or anything like that.

i just can’t fathom why he’s still here.  And I feel for the guy.  It must be hugely painful to face all the ridicule.  Most guys who aren’t good enough for the nfl just sort of quietly fade away as a training camp casualty.  It’s unusual to see these terrible performances get repeated.  I think it does say something about the state of the Bills organization at this point.  It just reeks of Amateur Hour.

The love he gets from this coaching staff and some fans is unbelievable considering he has done nothing to deserve any of it. He was a 5rh rounder for a reason. I dont think his own family has that much faith in him as the coaching staff does

• Like (+1) 2

McDermott needs to sit Peterman down and have a talk:  Nate...I know we're both men of faith.  I think God might be trying to tell you something.  I don't think you're quite meant for this game.  You've had more hints than Moses for crying out loud.  What was your major in college?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

McDermott needs to sit Peterman down and have a talk:  Nate...I know we're both men of faith.  I think God might be trying to tell you something.  I don't think you're quite meant for this game.  You've had more hints than Moses for crying out loud.  What was your major in college?  

It may be simpler. It could be that McD finally comes to his senses and says, "Nate, I truly believed God loves you but he hates you."