Do you want the Bills to make the playoffs this year?

corta765

Do you want the Bills to make the playoffs this year?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs in 2018

• Yes
    • No

Is it Allen leading us to the Playoffs or do we only squeak in because they decide to pull Allen in week 8 or 9 and play Anderson the rest of the season?  That may make a difference.  If you tell me Allen plays all season and we make the Playoffs, then this questions doesn't even need to be asked.

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

No one predicted a win against the Vikings. All those teams are beatable if the coaching staff shows up. 

Oh I hear you and someone mentioned the Bills will probably beat JAX or CHI if not both because they have a habit of doing so. My layout was just most logical/probable if they end up making a run.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I predicted 7 or 8 wins and I am sticking to that.

The Bills have one of the weakest schedules going forward. They should pick up some wins.

Bills schedule is rated 30th SOS wise. ESPN's power rankings broke down each teams SOS.

19 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Is it Allen leading us to the Playoffs or do we only squeak in because they decide to pull Allen in week 8 or 9 and play Anderson the rest of the season?  That may make a difference.  If you tell me Allen plays all season and we make the Playoffs, then this questions doesn't even need to be asked.

If you tell me Anderson takes us the playoffs, then i still want to go. because it's the playoffs and it's the Bills making it there. what are we even doing with a team if we don't want them to succeed? this is A+ stockholm syndrome

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

The offense is bad. Worse than last year. Possibly worst in franchise history bad. We’re not making the playoffs 

ahhhh..... reality.... :(  

this doesn't happen if we lose Shady and then do not pick up Bell. We also need some cohesion at WR. Our D is good enough to be a playoff team. We have a solid kicker who can nail the tough ones, but it is up to the Offense to become respectable. 17-20 its a game, can win 8-10 games , also if everyone stays healthy.

Edited by BillsRdue

Just now, Radar said:

Do I? Haven't even imagined making the playoffs. This team making it last year was an aberration. It's a bad football team.

It is a bad football team in areas. The Offensive Line and our Wide Receivers are atrocious. Unfortunately you can't win consistently with no O-Line.

4 hours ago, corta765 said:

OK before you comment and tell me that there is no way they make the playoffs they suck etc... I got it. I think they win somewhere between 4-6 games so I am not saying they make it. BUT the path truthfully looks something like this if they want to have a real shot:

Wk 6 Win at Texans Watson doesn't play 

Wk 7 Win at Colts Luck is held in by our D and still shaky

Wk 10 Win at Jets

Wk 13 Win at Miami

Wk 14 Win vs Jets

Wk 15 Win vs Detroit

Wk 17 Win vs Miami

This would give them a 9-7 record and 7-5 conference record. Given how bad the AFC is that would keep them in the hunt. If they somehow could get to 10 wins and pickup a win specifically against the Jags which would boost their conference record to 8-4 things would be solid. 

Realistically those are the games they have probably the best chance to take at this point no one is predicting wins against NE and CHI/JAX look pretty formidable at this point.

You're correct. The four games vs. the fins and jets are pivotal. I don't see us matching up well against Det.

This board could not possibly accept so much winning and the playoffs would be uttlerly appalling.   

2 hours ago, iinii said:

Beat the Texans

Would be a good start.  I really don't like looking ahead because it's hard enough to go possession by possession. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Well if they do make the playoffs I just hope to god they don’t win the Super Bowl, it totally screws up your draft position.

So much more value in next year’s draft at pick 31 than there will be at 32.

3 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

The offense is bad. Worse than last year. Possibly worst in franchise history bad. We’re not making the playoffs 

"possibly worse in franchise history"

I'd like to introduce you to the 1976 (245 points, 10 game losing streak), 1977 (3-11, 160 points), 1984 (gave up 60 sacks, 250 points) and 1985 Buffalo Bills (200 points, the lowest in the 1980s!). 

5 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

"possibly worse in franchise history"

I'd like to introduce you to the 1976 (245 points, 10 game losing streak), 1977 (3-11, 160 points), 1984 (gave up 60 sacks, 250 points) and 1985 Buffalo Bills (200 points, the lowest in the 1980s!). 

We’re currently on pace to score 202 points. Passing numbers are anemic. Rushing yards are pitiful. I’m not trying to be Debbie downer or anything, I actually predicted us to make the playoffs again before the season. But in reality, we’re pretty awful

Of course I WANT the team to make the playoffs, but I don’t think they will and it’s not what’s the most important thing for me. I really want to see progress, especially with Allen and the younger guys. We won’t be having any deep playoff run, even if we somehow made it in. I want to see us growing for the future. We have a lot of holes to fill. Show me we are going in the right direction. 

Kind of a stupid premise to be honest.

No one wants us "not to make the playoffs".

A better question would be what is better, short term gains with an all-out push for the playoffs, or a view to the long term which maybe doesn't give us the best chance to win now.

I vote for the latter approach.

I think the team will actually go for the former approach and we will see Anderson starting games.

And yes, that's a really bad idea.

20 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

We’re currently on pace to score 202 points. Passing numbers are anemic. Rushing yards are pitiful. I’m not trying to be Debbie downer or anything, I actually predicted us to make the playoffs again before the season. But in reality, we’re pretty awful

We have 60 points in the four games Allen started. We'll be fine. 

Also, the running game is slowly picking up now that we're not passing the ball 2x more than running. 

Allen is 2-0 when we keep his attempts below 25. 

The only way they make the playoffs is if the offense performs substantially better which means Allen plays better and maybe a receiver or two (including a TE like Croom) emerges as a reliable target and the defense performs at a similar level as the last few weeks. Those would all be great for the future of the team so by all means yes I want them to make the playoffs. 

Likely? Probably not.

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It's this simple.  Beat every AFCE opponent twice.  

Pretty hard to miss the playoffs if you do this every year.

12 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Unless the team is a legitimate threat to make it to the Super Bowl, I’d rather they don’t make it and get a higher pick and easier schedule next season. And they are definitely not a legitimate threat.

Completely agree - and I think we can separate this from not wanting them to win. We all want to see them do well on Sundays.

But I think we can all agree that the purpose of this rebuild isn't to win 8 or 9 games a year, make the playoffs and never go to the SB. Higher pick > playoff berth at the moment.

Edited by ctk232

2 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

They don't, but to be fair it's just one fan asking this. one bored fan. 

right...thanks

This is Buffalo...we are so used to losing with the Bills and Sabres , some don't seem to want to win....I don't get it

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Apparently one dumb ass or troll... Could be some NE knob gobblers hanging around.

ASTONISHING, isn't it?...why would you EVER reveal thoughts like this in a thread and expect reputable dialogue.....thought I had seen it ALL....but.............

43 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If you don't want the Bills to make the playoffs then you are NOT a real fan. Point blank period.

I’ve been a fan since the late 60s. Not settling for good enough doesn’t mean I’m not a real fan. You need to play the long game and become a contender. This team has been bad for so long that it’s brainwashed some fans into lowered expectations by thinking just making the playoffs is the goal.

• Like (+1) 1