Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Derek Anderson signed; Peterman QB2 week 6; Anderson Presser

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hopefully it means Hyde is ready to practice. Maybe Marlowe will go back to PS

Weird 

 

 

 

Nope, its because Watson has a chest injury and his status is unsure right now for the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that there is that Veteran Mentor. I better see leaps and bounds of development to Allen 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Now that there is that Veteran Mentor. I better see leaps and bounds of development to Allen 

 

The missing piece, Derek Anderson.

 

-Nobody

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Now that there is that Veteran Mentor. I better see leaps and bounds of development to Allen 

 

Some are hoping he keeps his leaps to a minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Allen looks the way he has the last 2 weeks, I’m good with Anderson starting for a bit. This team has a real good defense. Allen has gotten some good work regardless. Play better or sit out until you are ready. I’m not asking for it, it will depend on Allen...but I am okay with the idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Can't Peterman go on the practice squad as one of the four guys with two or less accrued seasons?     

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Allen looks the way he has the last 2 weeks, I’m good with Anderson starting for a bit. This team has a real good defense. Allen has gotten some good work regardless. Play better or sit out until you are ready. I’m not asking for it, it will depend on Allen...but I am okay with the idea.

 

Only way Allen sees the Bench is Injury. 

 

Well that better be because if Anderson takes a snap and Allen is healthy. Ooo jesus these guys are horrible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

 

Nope, its because Watson has a chest injury and his status is unsure right now for the game

Correct, Thad Brown tweeted that before the Watson stuff came down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Is he going to be #3?

 

Probably for a week until he has a chance to learn the offense. I expect Peterman to get cut pretty quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Is he going to be #3?

Listed that way as of today but he just got here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bangarang said:

 

Probably for a week until he has a chance to learn the offense. I expect Peterman to get cut pretty quickly.

I meant #3 on the jersey. Wanna reload this wasted EJ that was a premature waste of money. He won’t be #3 on the depth chart. Peterman will never matter again. A few more bad starts and Anderson will be starting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect Derek's focus will be mentoring Peterman. With Peterman's talent, and the proper mentoring he may be able to have a Derek Anderson like career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

 

Only way Allen sees the Bench is Injury. 

 

Well that better be because if Anderson takes a snap and Allen is healthy. Ooo jesus these guys are horrible 

I just don’t agree with this. I think it was a plan to have Allen sit and I’m not sure that it’s still not a thought. Allen is not ready. The guy has been as bad as any qb I have seen (besides Peterman) the last 2 weeks. He needs time. That’s why Peterman started week 1.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

I work in HR.  I'll keep checking to see if I receive a resume from a Nathan Peterman.

 

He will probably be using an alias if he stays in WNY to improve his chances. Be thorough on that background check! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I just don’t agree with this. I think it was a plan to have Allen sit and I’m not sure that it’s still not a thought. Allen is not ready. The guy has been as bad as any qb I have seen (besides Peterman) the last 2 weeks. He needs time. That’s why Peterman started week 1.

 

Then if that was thr Plan they should have signed Derek Anderson in the Offseason. 

 

You ONLY pull Allen with Injury at this point. That ship has sailed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

 

Then if that was thr Plan they should have signed Derek Anderson in the Offseason. 

 

You ONLY pull Allen with Injury at this point. That ship has sailed 

You absolutely cannot pull Allen now.

 

It is comforting to have a vet behind him.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

 

Then if that was thr Plan they should have signed Derek Anderson in the Offseason. 

 

You ONLY pull Allen with Injury at this point. That ship has sailed 

 

I mostly agree that you stick with JA and hope the game slows down for him and he grasps NFL defenses,  hot reads, accuracy, and how to manage the pocket...etc...

However, if you are McBeane, you might be thinking after the AFC South gauntlet we have some big-boy games vs,  New England on MNF and Chicago in back to back weeks. 

First off, as is today, they can't score enough to keep up with New England.  And they may not be able to move the ball much at all vs a tough Bears D.    They don't want to be embarrassed on MNF so if Allen is coming off more putrid passing games maybe Anderson gets some of that game.. and possibly Chicago as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liked Anderson early on his career, much like Nick Foles I thought he'd be a starting QB but it never materialized for him. Good guy to have around, would like to see Peterman cut and just roll with Allen and Anderson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I like the move but I don't understand the timing.  Why do it now, 5 games into the season?  Why not at the beginning of the year?  What changed?

 

They just caught up going thru all of the postings on TBD for fan suggestions.   Next they may add a WR. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Augie said:

 

He will probably be using an alias if he stays in WNY to improve his chances. Be thorough on that background check! 

 

Peter Nathanman...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zow2 said:

 

I mostly agree that you stick with JA and hope the game slows down for him and he grasps NFL defenses,  hot reads, accuracy, and how to manage the pocket...etc...

However, if you are McBeane, you might be thinking after the AFC South gauntlet we have some big-boy games vs,  New England on MNF and Chicago in back to back weeks. 

First off, as is today, they can't score enough to keep up with New England.  And they may not be able to move the ball much at all vs a tough Bears D.    They don't want to be embarrassed on MNF so if Allen is coming off more putrid passing games maybe Anderson gets some of that game.. and possibly Chicago as well.

 So basically we finally have a backup QB. No QB controversy unless Allen has a couple bad games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here's my 2 cents.  Allen starts but is on a short leash. Not that he loses his starting job, but if he's having a tough time and the game is moving fast, put Anderson in for a series of two to watch what's happening and recognize the pressures without being a piñata. Nobody said teams have to follow every rule. 

 

Last night I saw 2 QB's on the field at the same time in NO. It's called creatively using your best players to create mismatches and win games. We need to ride the momentum of our players, do different things.  

 

For my baseball analogy I look at my favorite team, the Oakland A's.. One of the lowest payrolls in baseball. 6 starting pitchers on IR and they go to the bullpen game with an opener to get through some games and end up winning 97 and being a playoff team.  

 

We don't need stars all over the field, what we need is some innovation.  No one said we can't use Anderson and Allen in the same game. It's not against the rules.

Edited by BillsRdue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have hired him as a "consultant" for a few weeks and saved roster spot.

 

There is a rule preventing coaches from being signed to roster because of some shenanigans a team pulled once stashing players on coaching staff but since he was not active player I think they could sign him as adviser for a few weeks for him to help revise playbooks and then sign him but NFL front office would probably call it a cap violation if not done by P*ts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen won’t go anywhere this year except for injury.   

 

There is no going back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×