Derek Anderson signed; Peterman QB2 week 6; Anderson Presser

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Should have released Peterman.  Absolutely zero chance of anyone picking him up.  :rolleyes:

Facts.

I love this move. We finally have a vet mentor/coach who seems fully dedicated to his role of helping Allen grow. Derek Anderson has infinity more knowledge than NP.

3 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Facts.

I love this move. We finally have a vet mentor/coach who seems fully dedicated to his role of helping Allen grow. Derek Anderson has infinity more knowledge than NP.

Yep he’s basically josh McCown. Knows his role. He did the same thing for Cam newton for 7 years. I don’t know why people throw out his stats like it matters. All that matters is how well he mentors him in film sessions and on Gameday. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

,,,so what does Trowbridge bring to the table?............

They like to use three TEs on game day. They usually kept one inactive for the first several games. They just released Khari Lee, who was usually but not always inactive which only left them three. So Trowbridge was signed in case one of Clay, Croom or Thomas gets hurt. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep he’s basically josh McCown. Knows his role. He did the same thing for Cam newton for 7 years. I don’t know why people throw out his stats like it matters. All that matters is how well he mentors him in film sessions and on Gameday. 

Right even tho he missed the 1st 3rd of the season hes still a better teacher than AJ McCarron or NP would be. They did good this time. Now maybe some WR help next.

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

In a game against Cin in 2007 Derek Anderson threw for 328 yds and 5tds....just putting that out there 

Anderson should just convince Josh Allen over and over and over how to do all that stuff he did in that one game, and none of that other stuff he did in all the other games, and Josh could be great. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Anderson should just convince Josh Allen over and over and over how to do all that stuff he did in that one game, and none of that other stuff he did in all the other games, and Josh could be great. 

Anderson is not that bad. He is good enough to start in certain situations. I’m not saying he’s good, I will be very careful not to use those words, but as of today he’s the best QB we have. Not that it’s saying anything. We are in better shape today at the position then we were yesterday.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

31 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Anderson is not that bad. He is good enough to start in certain situations. I’m not saying he’s good, I will be very careful not to use those words, but as of today he’s the best QB we have. Not that it’s saying anything. We are in better shape today at the position then we were yesterday.

I agree with all of that. We are way better today than yesterday.

Wow we had this high level business meeting weeks ago... Real slow on the trigger OBD. Well it's done got a vet... I can stop my whining now. Hopefully Allen makes the most of Anderson's experience. Can't see this addition as anything but good for our QB situation.

19 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I like the move but I don't understand the timing.  Why do it now, 5 games into the season?  Why not at the beginning of the year?  What changed?

Maybe they talked to Anderson after the trade with Oakland and maybe he wanted to wait - see if a contender needed help or maybe he thought he was done and did not want playing time.  

The point is we do not know why, but as I see all of the other moves this FO makes - I will assume they had reached out and something at that time point was not right for either the team or the player.

Since the Bills looked at several FA QB’s during the last week of preseason and weeks 1 and 2 of the regular season - my guess is they wanted some additional help in the QB room and were just waiting for Anderson (or others) to decide the time was right. 

I feel this even more with how the news leaked - Mort works with a lot of agents - so my guess is the report came to Mort from Anderson’s agent in a last ditch effort to see if any potential SB teams needed his services first.  The Bills have been locked down pretty tight and leaking that Sunday morning before the game does not seem like how this new FO works - hence the agent probably leaking and the only reason the agent would leak was to try to drum up additional business.