PFF WR rankings

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ranking all 32 wide receiving corps in the NFL through Week 4 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

TEN-Titans-Header.png

WIDE RECEIVER RANKING, WEEK 4: 24th

On the heels of the best performance of his young career last week against the Eagles, Corey Davis looks to be making significant strides in his second year in the league. Davis’ 2.50 yards per route run is good for 11th among receivers so far after ranking 75th in the same stat a year ago at 1.14.

BUF-Bills-Header.png

WIDE RECEIVER RANKING, WEEK 4: 32nd

The Bills are home to the only other wide receiver unit to gain fewer than 100 yards after the catch and have produced league-lows in catch rate (74 percent) and first downs generated (13).

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

When we lived in SC and people brought up education, the rallying cry was always “thank God for Mississippi!” WE are the NFL WR version of Mississippi. 

I guess there is some kind of rule that prevents us from being, say....40th? 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Augie said:

When we lived in SC and people brought up education, the rallying cry was always “thank God for Mississippi!” WE are the NFL WR version of Mississippi. 

I guess there is some kind of rule that prevents us from being, say....40th? 

There must be some CFB WR corps that have more talent. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ole Miss

Let me guess....they can catch? 

I really thought between KB and Zay we had a couple decent #2’s. They seem hell bent on proving me wrong. KB is doing himself no favors in his contract year. I have to wonder about his state of mind? 

55 minutes ago, Augie said:

I really thought between KB and Zay we had a couple decent #2’s. They seem hell bent on proving me wrong. KB is doing himself no favors in his contract year. I have to wonder about his state of mind? 

They will likely have 2 WR go in round 1 this year. 

FWIW, Draft Diamonds (I know, I know) has 3 Ole Miss pass catchers going in round 1: https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2018/10/2019-mock-draft/

Edited by Kirby Jackson

20 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

13 first-downs total by all of our Wide Receivers through four entire games.  Christ Almighty.

I think because we don’t have a great point of reference, it’s hard to grasp how terrible it is.

for instance, 28 players have 14 or more receiving first downs right now 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They will likely have 2 WR go in round 1 this year. 

It’s funny, last year was the year above all other years in terms of my interest in the draft.....and 4 weeks in it looks like NEXT year might top that. We may draft higher without having to trade up!  I don’t think I was always this way. Not THIS bad.

So...if we get more of the same, and there’s a stud QB (forget his name)....how loud does it get around here? 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s funny, last year was the year above all other years in terms of my interest in the draft.....and 4 weeks in it looks like NEXT year might top that. We may draft higher without having to trade up!  I don’t think I was always this way. Not THIS bad.

So...if we get more of the same, and there’s a stud QB (forget his name)....how loud does it get around here? 

Trade down for as many picks as possible. Combine that with 70 million cap space, we can change this thing around.

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Trade down for as many picks as possible. Combine that with 70 million cap space, we can change this thing around.

That’s my general preference, as long as you stay “in the zone”. If you have, say, 12 “prime picks” don’t drop to 20. But if we can get a stud and still get a Tre to boot (I know, he came later), we have multiple holes to fill. But don’t pass on a potential HOF player (K. Mack) if you really believe in him for an extra 2nd. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

We trade our number one for a kings ransom and build the offense. Heck take both those wide receivers from Ole Miss! Ha

1 hour ago, Augie said:

McD called him out a bit in his PC on Wednesday, even though he quickly followed that up by saying the same about everyone. 

On the INT just before the end of the first half against GB, Jones had his hand up. After the ball was picked, Zay showed good hustle to the ball carrier. KB was very close by at the time the ball was picked off, but looked like he was jogging to the ball carrier in comparison. 

His level of motivation is as bad, if not worse, than Dareus' last year.

It just really accentuates how much work needs to be done on offense to build around allen. Which sucks because now I don’t even feel like I can judge him accurately. Our receivers can’t catch his passes, he can’t throw from a balanced platform because of bad offensive line play, and his running game can’t do anything with said offensive line. 

They need AT LEAST, 3 new receivers, 3 new starting linemen a running back and a starting tight end for next season.

thats 8 starters. You’re basically keeping Allen, Dawkins, and maybe some holdover on the line or letting Teller battle Ducasse or Miller for one spot. Ok so actually 9.

Sign two receivers, two linemen

then trade down and grab a tight end, 2 offensive linemen, and a receiver with your first 4 picks. And with your next pick, take a running back. 

But god we need offense 

18 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You don’t need analytics to see how bad our WRs are. They are probably the worst group in the last 10 years. It’s actually sickening how little the Bills FO values the position.

I don't ever remember our WR situation this bad.  Josh Reed or Roscoe Parrish would be an upgrade.

7 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

We trade our number one for a kings ransom and build the offense. Heck take both those wide receivers from Ole Miss! Ha

Probably not.  Since the Bills will have the #1 pick,  McDermott and Beane will trade the rest of their picks for the #8 pick so that they can draft a DE and another CB.

10 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Since the Bills believe they have their QB, they will most likely do just that, but they will want someone who still has a decent draft spot,  Plus needs a QB.

Possibly the Raiders at 5 or the Giants at 8, as Carr is losing. Favor, and Eli isn’t getting any younger.  That is assuming this draft order  in the article.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I love the Bucks receivers (and depth). I think the top of Ole Miss is the best in the country. 

I agree. I just think Campbell / Hill are nice fits in the current NFL, plus the ceiling of Victir is better than what we have. 

What makes ths sooo much worse is the McBean isn't even looking to improve a thing on offense!

In fact they are now trading away offensive personnel to make room for more DEFENSE.

I have lost any hope or optimism for this team. 

McBean seems like a rudderless ship.