Week 2 Game Day thread Bills vs. Chargers Second Half

Believe it or not I think the offense played better than I thought they would. Again, just glad Bosa didn't play. 

It was the Bills defense that really let me down today. They did better in the second half but then the Chargers might have taken their foot off the pedal, still very disappointing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Nitro said:

I like Allen's poise in the pocket.  Knows when to bail.  Needs to learn to throw the ball away.  

Needs to work on PreSnap recognition of the Blitz. Also Ball placement (another offseason with Palmer is going to be good for him a ton I think)

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

No doubt, anybody calling Allen a just at this point is ridiculous.

I totally understand fans looking at Mahomes and wondering why we traded out of that spot though. The moment McDermott did that he was going to be questioned if Mahomes turned into a franchise QB.

Granted, two games from Mahomes, no matter how good, is way too small of a sample set to anoint him the next coming.

And...  Mahomes is NOT a rookie.  So silly point atm.

• Like (+1) 2

All in all, it’s really not a bad start for Josh Allen. 

I haven’t seen that “deer in thr headlights” look that you see from many 1st year QBs. 

And ive seen improvements from him as the game has gone on, which is all you can ask of such an inexperience QB with zero weapons and a crappy o line. 

Allen has actually done better than I expected him to do under these circumstances. 

I am am just so glad that he doesn’t look like he’s drowning, which is a legitimate fear of mine with this offense around him. 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Funny to hear the commentary team talk about thinking Allen should of been the first quarterback taken, after picking him apart all game I didn’t think he liked him much. I did enjoy the criticism though he pointed out a lot of good stuff 

He's NOT picking him apart.  He's showing how a raw rookie doesn't have the knowledge it takes to play QB at this level.

It's amazing that that even has to be said, but that's TSW these days...

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He's NOT picking him apart.  He's showing how a raw rookie doesn't have the knowledge it takes to play QB at this level.

It's amazing that that even has to be said, but that's TSW these days...

Didn’t I say I enjoyed the criticism? 

He did a great job pointing out the negatives in Allen’s game