Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not surprised about Coleman but that means we still don't have a real deep threat. Kaelin Clay will probably end up being that guy for us this year...

Clay has done nothing exciting the last 2 years he’s been here. Gotta be someone  better than him after cuts... I’d rather Robert Foster

Edited by Meazy26
  • Like (+1) 1

In regards to Coleman, I'm almost certain that if the coaches thought he was putting his all into getting better, he would have stayed. This comes across like an attitude thing.

Still love the trade. It was worth the low price to take a shot.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not surprised about Coleman but that means we still don't have a real deep threat. Kaelin Clay will probably end up being that guy for us this year...

He has top end speed, but just not explosive by NFL standards. Josh Allen's arm could make up for that, giving Clay more time to separate downfield.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Probably because he was a draft pick.  Not a good look to cut a mid round pick right after drafting him

I don't think they're worried about looking good.

They're certainly not when it comes to their FA acquisitions.

Edited by LeGOATski

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Getting rid of a talented player with potential and keeping around Taiwan Jones because he's apparently good on "teams". Yep - that's Billsy, alright.

I mean I just don't get why we keep these bottom of the barrel try hard players that are going to be inactive every game instead of someone with potential

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Now we know why Reilly is headed back to Nebraska.

Think the writing was on the wall when he played only the 2nd half of the 4th game. That can’t be good. I know he had a cracked rib but if he was ok the play the 2nd half... they obviously didn’t think much of him.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Probably because he was a draft pick.  Not a good look to cut a mid round pick right after drafting him

He was a draft pick and is inexpensive. They must see something they like or he’d be gone too. Optics don’t really mean anything, as the release of Coleman would indicate. 

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Does this mean that Neal is safe?

I think Neal is a guy they have very high hopes for, and even though he's not quite ready for the big stage they know he would be picked up if they try to stash him on the practice squad.  My bet is that we see a lot from Neal in 2019 and beyond.

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I mean I just don't get why we keep these bottom of the barrel try hard players that are going to be inactive every game instead of someone with potential

Because sometimes those players with 'potential' do nothing to try and make something of their 'potential'. Colemans only upside was he was fast, he didnt seem to want to put in the work to do what needs to be done to make it in the league and expected teams to just give him the top spot cause he was fast.

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Well I'll eat my words on Coleman.

I cannot believe they cut him with his cap hit and less that 3-4 weeks with the team.

They guy showed next to nothing, albeit in a short amount of time. CLE was happy to get rid of him. It was worth a shot, but “ potential” only does so much in the NFL. The player has to work hard to produce at some point.