Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

36 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I bet Beane was thinking that in 2020 when the Bills were drafting in the 7th round, that there would be no one close to Corey Coleman's talent on the board.  Also, he was thinking that by that time, a 2020 7th rounder, was unlikely to make the team he and McD are building.  It cost Terry and Kim a couple of million (which is akin to me going to Waca and buying an Icee) and it cost the Bills nothing in terms of real player assets.

You likely disagree with this thinking, but that's probably what he was thinking.

I understand and ultimately it's fine.  I just dont like the trend of using 7th round picks on guys who don't make the team 

2 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Feel like we’ve got a very long and painful year ahead. Love my team, but optimism at all time low right now. 

I sorta feel the same way, but we’re probably feeling that way mostly because of a couple crappy preseason games, especially the Bengals game.  Something tells me McDermott will have these guys ready to play and we’ll surprise some people.  You can’t believe your eyes when it comes to preseason games.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not sure what the hell Beane was thinking with the Coleman trade.  Did the same garbage with Kaelin Clay last year.

Really?

1.  Bills need talent at WR.

2. Former 1st round pick with potential.

So the lottery ticket did not pay out.  Good risk reward IMO. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

Really?

1.  Bills need talent at WR.

2. Former 1st round pick with potential.

So the lottery ticket did not pay out.  Good risk reward IMO. 

Bills fans are so funny

"we need to address the wide reciever position" 

"not sure what beane was thinking trading for a former 1st round wide reciever" 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah, there are about 20 guys on the final 53 that shouldn't get too comfortable...can't remember a time when the Bills had so many "meh" players that would be in danger of losing jobs once they scour the waiver wire

Seriously... like 75% of our backups would have a hard time making any roster, but yet we are struggling to decide who stays and who goes.

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

....see any of these cuts going to PS?......

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

I sorta feel the same way, but we’re probably feeling that way mostly because of a couple crappy preseason games, especially the Bengals game.  Something tells me McDermott will have these guys ready to play and we’ll surprise some people.  You can’t believe your eyes when it comes to preseason games.  

Yeah. We went from thinking we had the next Kelly to thinking we’ll have the first pick in 10 days. Then not having anything to follow that with left a very sour taste. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Reportedly Marlowe, Phillps, and Redmond. 

all depends on if anyone else claims them...plus another team could offer them a "better deal" for their practice squad than the Bills do.  These players do not have to choose to come back to the Bills practice squad, they could decide to go to another teams practice squad for any number of reasons.  However, most do resign with the team they were with, probably because they are familiar with the players and coaches and already know the scheme/system.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Reportedly Marlowe, Phillps, and Redmond. 

.....hopefully Reilly as well........cue up the "get rid of Vlad the 'Nad" tape................

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It has already been mentioned by reporters at least that they want Phillips, Redmond, and Marlowe. I'd be shocked if they didn't want Vallejo. 

...agree....pulling for the Reilly kid as well.............

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

The word is no on Reilly. 

Keyword was "at this time".  They have to see what else happens.  If Phillips gets claimed, gets a better deal on another teams PS, or decides for whatever reason to go to another teams PS, hen they likely would bring him back.  Never say never, much crazier things than that have happened in the NFL.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

all depends on if anyone else claims them...plus another team could offer them a "better deal" for their practice squad than the Bills do.  These players do not have to choose to come back to the Bills practice squad, they could decide to go to another teams practice squad for any number of reasons.  However, most do resign with the team they were with, probably because they are familiar with the players and coaches and already know the scheme/system.

Some players feel that they were hosed by the team that cut them and want to sign with another. It depends on a lot of factors. Money. The way they were treated. Who is directly ahead of them on the 53. What they think of the coaches and front office and teammates. 

58 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Production and the fact that the Bills

current roster was loaded at WR.  I never thought they would keep 7 WR’s.  IMO it was always going to be tough for Coleman to make this roster.  He would have essentially had a big enough preseason to oust someone like Holmes or Kerley off the roster. 

42 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea probably. 

Benjamin

Kerly

Holmes

Jones

McCloud

Streater

Man, that is a sad looking bunch.

hmmmmmmmmm

Edited by DrDare

Just now, matter2003 said:

Keyword was "at this time".  They have to see what else happens.  If Phillips gets claimed, gets a better deal on another teams PS, or decides for whatever reason to go to another teams PS, hen they likely would bring him back.  Never say never, much crazier things than that have happened in the NFL.

Yep. No one is going to claim Phillips though. Not an undrafted guy with no speed that hasn't produced in games. I understand why Bills like him and would but he will not get signed. Now that teams can keep 10 players though on PS it's very possible they will keep two WR. 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. No one is going to claim Phillips though. Not an undrafted guy with no speed that hasn't produced in games. I understand why Bills like him and would but he will not get signed. Now that teams can keep 10 players though on PS it's very possible they will keep two WR. 

Yeah I still have no idea how a WR can run a 4.79 40...