Is Steve Tasker Peterman's agent?

After the Cleveland game Tasker said on the TV broadcast he favored Peterman to start opening day.  

This whole week, all Tasker has been doing on his WGR show with Murphy is shill for Peterman.  

He's talked up Peterman more than the guy's agent would if he had a radio show.  

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

After the Cleveland game Tasker said on the TV broadcast he favored Peterman to start opening day.  

This whole week, all Tasker has been doing on his WGR show with Murphy is shill for Peterman.  

Maybe because Peterman has been the best QB on the field for us so far this season...  

I personally think the guy will eventually be better than the likes of Kirk Cousins and a few other fringe talent QBs.  I just don't get all the hate towards him on this board.  Blah, blah, blah he threw 5 interceptions in a game....  who gives a flying FU3k.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Direhard Fan said:

If it's between Peterman or Allen , I rather see Peterman just because he has the year experience.  Let Josh learn from the bench and don't get him killed the first year.  I worry about the "O" line letting that happen. 

one year experience is not that much of an advantage....the best way to learn is to play.....Allen is a much better option

4 minutes ago, Direhard Fan said:

If it's between Peterman or Allen , I rather see Peterman just because he has the year experience.  Let Josh learn from the bench and don't get him killed the first year.  I worry about the "O" line letting that happen. 

How much did McCarron learn from the bench?

I dont understand people who say "learn from the bench." If you learn so much from the bench, how come the rate of backups turning starters is so low?

If you like what you see from your rookie QB, you start him. If he's "RUINED" early on in his career and has his "confidence" hurt because of a few bad games, he has no business being an NFL QB in the first place.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83
  • Like (+1) 10

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I'd prefer Peterman or McCarron start the season just like him. I don't want Allen on the field with that terrible O-line for the first 4 games, he'll get killed.

so it's ok to get killed in game 5 or ok for Peterman to get killed?

14 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Maybe because Peterman has been the best QB on the field for us so far this season...  

I personally think the guy will eventually be better than the likes of Kirk Cousins and a few other fringe talent QBs.  I just don't get all the hate towards him on this board.  Blah, blah, blah he threw 5 interceptions in a game....  who gives a flying FU3k.

He hasn't been any better than Allen, everyone  has been better than McCarron. .  He looks good on paper because of his completion %.  

I don't have as high an opinion of Peterman as you, that doesn't mean I hate him.  He can be a good backup but I wouldn't want him as my starter.  At best he can be good, Allen at best will be great.  I want great, not good.  

I want Allen to start from day 1, learn on the job & be ready to lead a Super Bowl contender in 2019.  I don't want to be KC, whose 2nd year QB is learning on the job in his sophomore year.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Peterman experience v Allen experience is not much at all.......Peterman only had 4 quarters of live NFL action i believe.....the 1st 2 quarters obviously a complete disaster......play Allen.....

I'm still nervous when it comes to Peterman.. Although he has been pretty damn good this preseason. And I am impressed with him as well

Passing Statistics
Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
Josh Allen 32 18 176 56.3 5.5 2 6.3 0 0.0 27 2 12 92.7
Nathan Peterman 20 17 231 85.0 11.5 2 10.0 1 5.0 35 1 0 127.3
AJ McCarron 16 10 128 62.5 8.0 0 0.0 0 0.0 59 2 14 87.5
Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Are you not on the Allen Hype Train like the rest of this board?

Objectively, Nate has been fantastic in this pre-season.  

But Allen should start Week 1.  It's all about him until IF and when he shows us it's not about him.

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Tasker's just more cautious than the rest of us.  As many times as we been burned, we are gulping down the KoolAid.

That's how it works.  Bills fans have remarkably short memories.

EJ is drafted: "Our savior!"

Big trade up for Sammy: "We'll be unstoppable now!" 

Rex is hired: "Instant national relevancy; great hire!" 

Tyrod comes to town: "Finally a franchise QB!" 

And so on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JPP said:

Peterman experience v Allen experience is not much at all.......Peterman only had 4 quarters of live NFL action i believe.....the 1st 2 quarters obviously a complete disaster......play Allen.....

It's more like 7 quarters which isn't a whole big difference than 4 quarters but he does have 2 starts which should provide some experience regarding what, who knows.

For the "let Allen sit for the season and learn" crowd, since Peterman basically sat all last season, is he really that much better for it? Franshise material now? Naaahhh, why is Allen any different? Let the kid play he will either sink or swim. Enough of this sit and learn crap

1 hour ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Correction. He threw five interceptions in half a game.

• Haha (+1) 3

"Sitting and learning" is such a dumb concept when you are learning from Nathan Fricking Peterman 38.4 QB rating, 49% completion percentage, 2 tds 5 ints, sorry I like him, but in real games he's terrible, no way do we want Allen learning anything from  him.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PRBills said:

For the "let Allen sit for the season and learn" crowd, since Peterman basically sat all last season, is he really that much better for it? Franshise material now? Naaahhh, why is Allen any different? Let the kid play he will either sink or swim. Enough of this sit and learn crap

Honestly, if EJ Manuel would have been able to sit behind Kolb for a year, I think he'd be our QB today. 

1 minute ago, greeneblitz said:

"Sitting and learning" is such a dumb concept when you are learning from Nathan Fricking Peterman 38.4 QB rating, 49% completion percentage, 2 tds 5 ints, sorry I like him, but in real games he's terrible, no way do we want Allen learning anything from  him.

Those stats are from one, admittedly really bad game. It's like when you see a pitcher with a 36 ERA, then realize he's pitched 2/3 of an inning. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Honestly, if EJ Manuel would have been able to sit behind Kolb for a year, I think he'd be our QB today. 

Those stats are from one, admittedly really bad game. It's like when you see a pitcher with a 36 ERA, then realize he's pitched 2/3 of an inning. 

Then by that token, whats the proof that Nathan Peterman can teach Josh Allen anything, after all thats the only question of sitting and learning" whats the point, if it where Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McCown there may be a point, not a guy thats played all of 4 quarters and been terrible in those 4 quarters, if the coaching staff thought that highly of Peterman we shouldn't have given up all those assets to draft Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Been listening and I havent felt the same. While he has said he felt that there was a good chance it would be Nate he has countered Murph's just start Josh rants.

I was a HUGE Tasker fan back in the day, but gotta say that he can be quite annoying on "One Bills Live".

Each time he says, "Here's the thing...", "sipping the Kool-Aid" or "Nathan Peterman" , I just want to punch myself in the face. 

Stick to TV sideline reporting Steve, you do a good job there!

Radio?  Not so much.

Edited by Bad Things

2 hours ago, BrotherChazz said:

Peterman will make a great long-term backup. 

...certainly has the potential makings Chazz.....like his moxy, perseverance and working like hell to improve........NOT by ANY means drawing a comparison, but if, and a BIG IF Allen/Peterman eventually came close to resembling the Kelly/Reich duo, I think we would be in pretty good shape.....

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Direhard Fan said:

Josh can handle himself. He played with much more pressure due to a terrible oline at Wyoming.

Edited by billspro

Sitting can make sense when you sense he's not fully ready but learning in the film room and practices, when there is one or two vets with him with at least one teaching him the ropes and the like. So far Allen has shown that while he'll make rookie mistakes and have some growing pains, he is almost as ready if not as ready as the others, has more upsides, and Nate has just a few quarters of NFL experience.

Anyway, this coming preseason game will likely help clarify this. Trust the process guys LOL

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Throw Peterman to the wolves, not Allen. Ravens, Chargers, and Vikings will eat alive any Bills QB this year. 

I said this in another thread.

Peterman vs Allen is akin to having a cheap old beater car vs a shiny new Corvette.

The games you listed are like the salty, terrible NY winters.

You run out your pos beater and keep your Corvette in the garage until it's nice out.

Josh Allen is the Corvette to keep in the garage during that hellish storm.

Nathan Peterman is the cheap winter beater you drive through the storm because you still need to get to work, but if you wreck it, it's cheap and worthless 

Nathan "beater" Peterman.

Nathan Beaterman.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yeah, I don’t understand the ‘don’t play Allen against good teams’ crowd. News Flash: WE’RE the Bad team.

Or maybe Josh is actually good and we are the good team. I know he will develop more by playing against the best.

• Like (+1) 1

Tasker was not at all happy that we drafted Allen. In fairness, he was not alone. I tweeted something before the draft that Murphy read on the air that was positive about Allen and Steve was fuming. That is not to say that he didn't have good reasons for his opinion its just that it might be hard for him to double back and really pull for Allen now. I don't think a few preseason games have changed his opinion on Allen all that much. On top of that, its hard to deny that Peterman is looking good so far. Look, emotions were high all off season about these QB's, its going to take some time for it all to settle out.

18 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Tasker was not at all happy that we drafted Allen. In fairness, he was not alone. I tweeted something before the draft that Murphy read on the air that was positive about Allen and Steve was fuming. That is not to say that he didn't have good reasons for his opinion its just that it might be hard for him to double back and really pull for Allen now. I don't think a few preseason games have changed his opinion on Allen all that much. On top of that, its hard to deny that Peterman is looking good so far. Look, emotions were high all off season about these QB's, its going to take some time for it all to settle out.

...thanks for sharing bud.....did NOT know that......any idea who was his choice?.....