Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

So all the hype about Foster and Reilly was just hype? I thought those guys were going to carve out spots for themselves. 

Can't complain about the trade because everyone knows we probably have/had the worst receiver corps in the league, but it says a lot about the group's lack of development to this point despite claims to the contrary. 

I still think our offensive line should have been addressed first, for what it's worth. A QB can't throw to any receivers if he's being chased around. 

Just now, MPT said:

So all the hype about Foster and Reilly was just hype? I thought those guys were going to carve out spots for themselves. 

Can't complain about the trade because everyone knows we probably have/had the worst receiver corps in the league, but it says a lot about the group's lack of development to this point despite claims to the contrary. 

I still think our offensive line should have been addressed first, for what it's worth. A QB can't throw to any receivers if he's being chased around. 

Reilly - real hype Foster - Practice squad 

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He was training for the wrong sport. Not a coincidence he was suddenly healthy. 

That's a lot of speculation that you are implying that just has no evidence. Once again Goodwin was always reported to be a model citizen with the Bills. A lot of his injuries were contact injuries like concussions and violent ligament tears coming off of hits. It's not like Goodwin was getting non-contact injuries that could be attributed to training for a different sport. I think you are pushing a narrative as opposed to reading into the kind of player and worker he was when he was with the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MPT said:

We don’t know that this OL will be a dumpster fire.  I feel pretty confident that McBeane wants to win, while building, and will address a unit if they feel it needs addressing.  

No WRs were separating from the pack to join KB and Kerley.  Zay just started practicing today.  They pulled the trigger.   I haven’t heard dire reporting over the state of our OL, yet.  

Having a player like Coleman also helps protection.  It’s a lot harder to send heat when you have to shade a safety Coleman’s way and then also have KB to deal with on the other side.  

Edited by SCBills

This PROBABLY did not really enter the equation because it was abundantly clear that we needed a talent and a speed upgrade at WR. But it's not out of the question that Beane and McD may be leaning to starting Allen sooner than later and they figured we better get this speed guy, whomever he is, in here quicker than later. 

I have always been on the start Allen early if he shows decent bandwagon, so this somewhat fits my narrative. And it's more because AJ and NP stink and our run game will be **** down more than Allen is great. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Guy thinks he can still play. He’s talking about the CFL then NFL so why not the Browns. Looking at him I’d be inclined to think he can. 

So does Jerry Rice. Why not sign both? What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by MURPHD6

I wonder if Beane had this offer out there for a minute and was just waiting on Cleveland to call.  Even if Zay lights it up healthy, Coleman is a guy, with a contract, we should always take a flyer on with a late round pick.  Especially with a QB like Josh Allen. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Perfect. 

Former 1st rounder with 4.37 speed and cost a late round pick. No downside at all to this move. And still cost controlled this year and next year (before needing 5th year option)

Yeah. Getting two years plus the option is great.

12 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

That's a lot of speculation that you are implying that just has no evidence. Once again Goodwin was always reported to be a model citizen with the Bills. A lot of his injuries were contact injuries like concussions and violent ligament tears coming off of hits. It's not like Goodwin was getting non-contact injuries that could be attributed to training for a different sport. I think you are pushing a narrative as opposed to reading into the kind of player and worker he was when he was with the team. 

Believe what you wish. I don’t think the guy was very dedicated to playing WR or to the Bills. He was all about the olympics. Guys who train for other sports can end up being too tightly wound to play football, for example. You think he’s a good guy. I don’t. 

7 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

So does Jerry Rice. Why not sign both? What could possibly go wrong?

Well, it is the Browns. Why not!

17 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Didn't he skip parts of OTAs and training camps so he could qualify and then do nothing in the Olympics?

He seems like a good guy and I know why he was trying to become an Olympic star. I usually don't buy this ****, but he came across like he wasn't committed in his time here. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Whaley traded for Jerry Hughes and LeSean McCoy.  Why does everyone always have to put someone Dow to praise someone?  

Yep. Of all the things to criticize Whaley for, acquiring pro talent isn't one of them.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I agree with u 99% The only caveat would be that perhaps him doing the track & field stuff, put extra wear & tear on his body & that it prevented his body from fully recovering. Its all speculation on my part obviously but with the ligament injuries it could make sense. It does suck for us that he turned into a star when he left. Such a Bills thing to happen