[reopened. behave your fine selves] Kelvin Benjamin criticizes time with Panthers, Cam Newton

10 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Hopefully plenty of people will, and he is the type to take smart feedback instead of fighting them. 

Fan people or management people?

If you're talking fan people, why on earth would fan people think it their place to give such a directive?

16 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

No, he doesnt have to stfu because some random fan tells him to. If you dont like that the Bills acquired a guy who had been productive in his career than maybe you stfu and move on.

Nice productivity trend your boy has there?

4B2B4C2C-3FA4-408B-965D-9A87F54C5D53.png

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Kelvin is a monster on the field  All he needs is an accurate QB who can place the ball up high or on the back shoulder.  I think he's a top 5 redzone target.  Only question I have is health, otherwise he's poised for a big year IMO.

Sometimes it isn't about right or wrong, it's about if something is worth saying.  No reason for him to attack Carolina like that.  He's not with the organization anymore, it's all in the past.  Bashing them doesn't help anything.  It doesn't make him look any better.  His contract year isn't over, it's ahead of him.  He should do his talking on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/4/2018 at 3:29 PM, BillsFan17 said:

So his first two years in the league weren't productive?

Zero, Zilch, Nada..... that is his stat line for his second year . 

Two knee injuries in three years, another not so good trend.

But, keep the names coming?

Reading Kelvin say how he wishes he had a better qb, at least he didnt mention Tyrod in that tweet or his current situation where we don't even know who our starter is gonna be. He was talking about his time in Carolina but it easily could be carried over to his time here

On 8/4/2018 at 3:29 PM, BillsFan17 said:

So his first two years in the league weren't productive? Go take a lap

Bonafide #2 WR stats - someone needs to take a lap, it's you and KB who showed up overweight to camp every year in Carolina. When he was traded Cam took a page out of the newspaper saying goodbye to him. He returned with a trash article in the paper. 

Bad teammate. Call a spade a spade. Your on his jock because he's a Bill but this is a very Mario Williams type move. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, brianthomas said:

Reading Kelvin say how he wishes he had a better qb, at least he didnt mention Tyrod in that tweet or his current situation where we don't even know who our starter is gonna be. He was talking about his time in Carolina but it easily could be carried over to his time here

Posturing for his upcoming FA

3 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

"Productive"

His first two years on the field were infact productive. No quotes needed.

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Bonafide #2 WR stats - someone needs to take a lap, it's you and KB who showed up overweight to camp every year in Carolina. When he was traded Cam took a page out of the newspaper saying goodbye to him. He returned with a trash article in the paper. 

Bad teammate. Call a spade a spade. Your on his jock because he's a Bill but this is a very Mario Williams type move. 

I showed up to camp overweight?

The best part about this thread is those acting like Newton isn't a bitchy premodana.

Attack your best WR because he was vocal about being unhappy with the Panthers and Newton.

Ya know the organization who just had its owner forced to sell due to sexual misconduct and racial slurs.

Edited by BillsFan17
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Fan people or management people?

If you're talking fan people, why on earth would fan people think it their place to give such a directive?

Management, friends, family... and if he’s going to hop on twitter with it, sure fans too I guess.

im not saying people should camp out in the parking lot to scream it at him but in reasonable conversation amongst reasonable human beings - sure, whatever. 

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

His first two years on the field were infact productive. No quotes needed.

I showed up to camp overweight?

Barely crossing 1000 yards and then not even getting 1000 on 100+ (119 and 145) targets is an absolute joke. Apparently productive for you is being around 20th in yards. Nice!

He had one of the leagues highest drop rates those year as well. Cam isn't Brady or Rodgers with his accuracy and it's because he fits an offense that is literally what they want to replicate here - run and gun. 

Near 60% is our goal with Allen so it's pretty funny those siding with KB over Cam when that's exactly the type of QB we got.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Keep your mouth shut Kelvin, and try to catch the football.

Dude is not nearly as good as this board thinks he is.

I think he's much better than he gets credit for on here. 

I think he's a legit # 1 

33 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Exactly, he just appears to be demonstrating some

diva receiver traits. Hopefully it isn’t indicative of his future here. Personally, I think it just sounds like he’s bitter things didn’t work in Carolina. 

Itll be interesting. A lot of these young WRs are bouncing around A LOT. Cooks and Sammy are on their third teams, KB didn’t last his rookie deal in Carolina. Teams are taking them high, teams paying them but aren’t committing to them.

6 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

The best part about this thread is those acting like Newton isn't a bitchy premodana.

Attack your best WR because he was vocal about being unhappy with the Panthers and Newton.

Ya know the organization who just had its owner forced to sell due to sexual misconduct and racial slurs.

Prima Donna: Never came to camp out of shape, takes blame for organizational and team failure, no scandal or trouble while in NFL, honors teammates and they love him and have his back.

Productive WR: consistently out of shape (probably why he always gets hurt), trouble with route running and hands which he then blamed on organization and QB, hides behind newspaper article to voice opinion AFTER being traded. 

The homer is strong with this one. 

43 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Great point.  I'd add that Kelvin fell behind Funchess in looks from Cam.  So if you think about it, Benjamin was probably more like the third receiver for the Panthers.  Getting rid of Kelvin was probably good for them, as well as for Kelvin.

I remember CN being pissed about the trade of KB to Buffalo! 

I guess maybe it was just good acting?

I get it.

If you haven’t watched him play a lot, you think The Bills might have something.

Here’s what you haven’t seen:

He doesn’t use his size on a consistent basis to his advantage.

He drops too many easy catches.

He isn’t great at high pointing the ball.

He doesn’t separate well.

Whatever elusive is, he’s the opposite of it. He takes hits he shouldn’t. Nasty hits.

He LOOKS like Tarzan but PLAYS like Jane.

He isn’t a number one receiver.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1

Why should he keep his mouth shut? You're allowed to respond but he shouldn't speak?

...yup...that was then and has no bearing on NOW.....not to mention this is a contract year.....so show up and focus on now...thank you.....

27 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I think he's much better than he gets credit for on here. 

I think he's a legit # 1 

Cam won the MVP and they went to the SB in the year he got hurt.   They traded him for mid round picks.  Cam publicly paid tribute to him.

benjamin sounds like the guy who gets dumped and then talks about how much his ex sucked but he’s just bitter.  He clearly is still upset.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Alpha Fire said:

You seen him in person? Hes like a sasquatch in a football uni. I love KB. Constant size advantage. 

Honestly. We thought we traded up in character from Swatkins and we got this douche? Good lord. 

Yo KB. That inaccurate quarterback didn't have a problem throwing 1400 yards to Steve Smith Sr

4 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Honestly. We thought we traded up in character from Swatkins and we got this douche? Good lord. 

Yo KB. That inaccurate quarterback didn't have a problem throwing 1400 yards to Steve Smith Sr

If anyone has a right to trash his past qbs, it’s Sammy.  Kinda hard to talk crap about a qb who won a MVP in the year you missed.  

I seruously have have no idea why he would say anything at this point,

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

STFU!!!!

I didn’t like him being drafted by the Panthers and hated the Bills acquiring him.

Dude needs to worry about himself and keep his mouth shut.

What happens when we start a rookie QB who also has accuracy issues?

I never know that he didn't like his trade to the Bills. Is there any articles about this ?

50 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I get it.

If you haven’t watched him play a lot, you think The Bills might have something.

Here’s what you haven’t seen:

He doesn’t use his size on a consistent basis to his advantage.

He drops too many easy catches.

He isn’t great at high pointing the ball.

He doesn’t separate well.

Whatever elusive is, he’s the opposite of it. He takes hits he shouldn’t. Nasty hits.

He LOOKS like Tarzan but PLAYS like Jane.

He isn’t a number one receiver.

image.thumb.png.f3e6c199cd6ff8c6253005779e877e5d.png

image.thumb.png.a0fa55fef870ac90ff43710e9ebc9cd1.png

Sure seems to me like he's able to high point the ball and to play like Tarzan. I don't know too many untalented #2 receivers that would make that catch between Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas.

Personally, I think both pro and anti Benjamin people are over the top in their praise and criticism, respectively. He's probably not as good as his supporters claim he is, and he's definitely not as bad as his detractors claim he is. Exaggeration and hyperbole on both sides.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh.  Dear.

Catch the football, Kelvin -please.

And sorry to say, Beane brought you to B'lo because of your hoped-for big catch radius.  If you're waiting for Allen to turn into Aaron Rodgers, gonna be a long wait.

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

If you're an NFL player, it NEVER pays to be honest with the press or on Twitter.  Stick with the cliches, and you'll be fine.

I think Josh Allen and AJ McCarron have this scene memorized

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh.  Dear.

Catch the football, Kelvin -please.

And sorry to say, Beane brought you to B'lo because of your hoped-for big catch radius.  If you're waiting for Allen to turn into Aaron Rodgers, gonna be a long wait.

I think Josh Allen and AJ McCarron have this scene memorized

Exactly, the McCarron interview on OneBills Live last week was exactly that.

20 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

I never know that he didn't like his trade to the Bills. Is there any articles about this ?

No, KB never said that. Not to speak for Buffalo Boy but I’m pretty sure he is saying that he was the one who didn’t like the trade.

• Thank you (+1) 1