Brandon Reilly Ready to Play on Sundays - Works Out for the Patriots

Fan favorite Brandon Reilly is ready to play on Sundays

ROCHESTER - Brandon Reilly was surprised how quickly he became a fan favorite at last years training camp.

"I'm not complaining," laughed Reilly. "It means a lot. I see it, but I try not to look into that stuff too much. I do appreciate it thought and I hope I can get out there on Sundays and make them proud."

Brandon Reilly impressing early at Bills camp

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Based on reports so far (including OTA's and minicamp), I'm thinking the WR ranking currently looks something like this...

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Jeremy Kerley

3. Andre Holmes

4. Malachi Dupree

5. Brandon Reilly

6. Rod Streater

7. Robert Foster

8. Zay Jones

9. Quan Bray

10. Kaelin Clay

11. Raymond McCloud

12. Austin Proehl

13. Cam Phillips

7 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Jones is still a top 3 WR on this team of misfit toys.  

You haven't been paying attention. McDermott is noticeably frustrated with the offseason he's had and Jones was overwhelmed all of last season. This isn't the Rex/Whaley regime. Beane and McDermott are always looking to improve every position and no one is safe because of where they were drafted.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Based on reports so far (including OTA's and minicamp), I'm thinking the WR ranking currently looks something like this...

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Jeremy Kerley

3. Andre Holmes

4. Malachi Dupree

5. Brandon Reilly

6. Rod Streater

7. Robert Foster

8. Zay Jones

9. Quan Bray

10. Kaelin Clay

11. Raymond McCloud

12. Austin Proehl

13. Cam Phillips

Proehl looked better than Ray Ray, Clay, Bray, Foster and Reilly day 1 Of camp

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

My favorite underdog rookie this year is Proehl...

he caught everything ...

it would be something if both Proehl and Reilly become good players for us

That would be awesome they played for my two college teams (Nebraska and UNC),  would love to see them both become successful players.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

I believe Holmes, K. Clay, and Streater will all be let go if they don't separate themselves from these younger guys at camp. 

Holmes will be kept for his ST value. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

You haven't been paying attention. McDermott is noticeably frustrated with the offseason he's had and Jones was overwhelmed all of last season. This isn't the Rex/Whaley regime. Beane and McDermott are always looking to improve every position and no one is safe because of where they were drafted.

Really??? Spin that that thread when they cut one of their Guys. Tolbert STILL rings loud from last year. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Holmes will be kept fro his ST value. 

Yeah got to keep those ST players. That offer next to nothing elsewhere. Specially when Kickoffs are just about out of the game. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Holmes will be kept fro his ST value. 

Possibly, but I don't think he's a lock by any means. If one of the younger guys proves to be just as capable I still think he could be handed a pink slip. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

My favorite underdog rookie this year is Proehl...

he caught everything ...

it would be something if both Proehl and Reilly become good players for us

I'm pulling for Proehl too. Hands look solid and he's said to be quick and a good route runner.

Malachi Dupre is the other guy I want to shine. His hands look solid too and I think he may have pretty good speed.

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Zay Jones

3. Jeremy Kerley

4.  Andre Holmes

These are likely Locks for the 53. 

So i think there is Likely two spots open to grab. 

Now I could spin a scenario as well that Kerley and Holmes get bumped off roster but unlikely. As all the young kids have PS eligibility 

2 minutes ago, CoachBlow757 said:

My projection is

1. Benjamin

2. K. Clay

3. Foster

4. Reilly

5. Holmes

6. Prohl 

Zay has to get on the field soon to make the 53

The knee lingers and he will go to IR. He will not get cut outright. 

And Kerley will be on the 53. 

Edited by MAJBobby

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Really??? Spin that that thread when they cut one of their Guys. Tolbert STILL rings loud from last year. 

Yeah got to keep those ST players. That offer next to nothing elsewhere. Specially when Kickoffs are just about out of the game. 

With the rule change that KO coverage units won't have a running start, it's just the opposite. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

6 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Jeremy Kerley

3. Andre Holmes

4. Malachi Dupree

5. Brandon Reilly

6. Rod Streater

7. Robert Foster

8. Zay Jones

9. Quan Bray

10. Kaelin Clay

11. Raymond McCloud

12. Austin Proehl

13. Cam Phillips

I don't get the love for Holmes? Reilly has to make this team.

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Proehl looked better than Ray Ray, Clay, Bray, Foster and Reilly day 1 Of camp

Proehl is an easy guy to root for. I really hope that guy makes the team and shocks the world as a pro.

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And where is Tolbert now?

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't get the love for Holmes? Reilly has to make this team.

Holmes is consistently getting reps with the first team and plays a crucial part on special teams. Someone is going to have to step up and beat him out at both spots in order for him to not make the team. Reilly seems to be on the right track.

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

With the rule change that KO coverage units won't have a running start, it's just the opposite. 

Thats the intended purpose. What the reality. KO will be out of the game within a year or two. 

6 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Proehl is an easy guy to root for. I really hope that guy makes the team and shocks the world as a pro.

And where is Tolbert now?

And after sucking and drawing a paycheck for an entire year because he was their guy right. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Maybe it will but this is 2018 we're talking about. 

And there are other Athletes on the team that can cover kicks. 

If one of the young guys that actually offer something at WR and can play ST as well I would rather have him on the roster than Holmes 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And there are other Athletes on the team that can cover kicks. 

If one of the young guys that actually offer something at WR and can play ST as well I would rather have him on the roster than Holmes 

Based on the WR rotation and the ST deployment, the coaches don't agree with your sentiment. 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

3rd day of camp. 3rd day of camp. 

You don't cut a guy in 2018 because the game might change in 2024.  26 is right about this one and you are off base.

Rex drafted 1970s players to play in 201x.  How did that work?

14 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Jeremy Kerley

3. Andre Holmes

4. Malachi Dupree

5. Brandon Reilly

6. Rod Streater

7. Robert Foster

8. Zay Jones

9. Quan Bray

10. Kaelin Clay

11. Raymond McCloud

12. Austin Proehl

13. Cam Phillips

Won’t lie, it would be beyond surprising to see zay and both of this year’s picks on the outside. 

I think zay bumps way up that list and you get dupre, and Reilly fighting for one spot with proehl and mccloud another (loser of this battle to PS)

30 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Won’t lie, it would be beyond surprising to see zay and both of this year’s picks on the outside. 

I think zay bumps way up that list and you get dupre, and Reilly fighting for one spot with proehl and mccloud another (loser of this battle to PS)

I'd be shocked if Zay was cut but until he can get out on the field and show progress he's on the outside looking in.

Rookies drafted after the 4th round are far from locks and truly have to earn their spots on the 53 man roster. It's still early in camp, but at this moment Proehl and McCloud have a tall hill to climb. Make more plays and get reps with the 2nd team and they'll move up.