Shaw66 update

Talked to Shaw66-you guys were right-it wasn’t him! So now I don’t care what you call him! LOL ? 

WOW I sure stirred up a hornets nest for my first day-could’ve sworn I saw a few posts that confirmed it-oh well, I’ll try to tread a little lighter from now on. Gonna be fun

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 60’s Bills Fan said:

Talked to Shaw66-you guys were right-it wasn’t him! So now I don’t care what you call him! LOL ? 

WOW I sure stirred up a hornets nest for my first day-could’ve sworn I saw a few posts that confirmed it-oh well, I’ll try to tread a little lighter from now on. Gonna be fun

GO BILLS!

It's all good.

It's all good fun.

Welcome aboard.  For the record, I have seen Billy Shaw play in the Rockpile myself.

Glad you took it with a laugh.

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's all good.

It's all good fun.

Welcome aboard.  For the record, I have seen Billy Shaw play in the Rockpile myself.

Glad you took it with a laugh.

I did also. Although he wasn't with the team yet, I made it to the rockpile as a kid for a game their first year (1960), and have been a fan since. Got onto the field after they won the '64 AFL championship. 

6 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

I did also. Although he wasn't with the team yet, I made it to the rockpile as a kid for a game their first year (1960), and have been a fan since. Got onto the field after they won the '64 AFL championship. 

My first game wasn't until 1968.

I did go to the airport with the family to meet them in '64 after the Boston Patriots win.

That was nuts.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

But I got me some Golden Wheels!!!

He lives in Westerville, (north side of Cbus) which is where I work. About 5 years ago my father in law was in a local store wearing a Bills hat and Golden Wheels chatted him up about it. FIL said he was a great guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

That must’ve been great! I still have an old      

Super Duper (grocery store) original championship team photo from 1965 with him in it- brings back a lotta good memories!

• Like (+1) 1

Another great rockpile memory.  1969 home opener was with the jets, they had won super bowl III the previous january.  In those days the AFL-NFL rivalry was huge, and as the jets were introduced, they got a standing  ovation from the Buffalo crowd for being the first AFL team to win the super bowl.  The Bills then went on to lose the game of course.  Try to imagine a Bills home crowd giving any visiting team a standing O now, and you'll realize how big the AFL-NFL thing was in those years

• Like (+1) 2

This is like when I looked at the assessment roll and one house near mine was owned by someone who had the same name as a former NBA player.  I drove by his house one day & instead of seeing a 6'8" black guy in the yard, there was a little old white guy. Before seeing the owner, I thought at least it could be the ex-player's son & I could eventually meet the player, but that was never going to happen.  

10 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Nice to see another "old -timer" first game 1960 , as an 8 yr old here.. denver broncos  vertically striped socks. 

Nice to see another 'senior' member posting memories from well over 50 years ago.  Now all I have to do is figure out where I left my car keys.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, 60’s Bills Fan said:

GO BILLS!

Made even worse by your dubious 1st post,  is the fact there are a number of former and current Bills players & team personnel here who wish to remain anonymous. 

Now stand and sing your alma-mater fight song, while we shave your head, Rookie. 

#RespectTheProcess

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

My first game wasn't until 1968I did go to the airport with the family to meet them in '64 after the Boston Patriots win.

That was nuts.

Jets game? 37-35 Win? Our ONLY win of the season and against the eventual SBIII Champs.

3 Pick 6’s.

8 hours ago, 60’s Bills Fan said:

GO BILLS!

“Mr. 60’s Bills Fan” we will show you the respect that you deserve.

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Bunch of old farts around here. Maybe we can request a special forum for you codgers. We’ll call it “Get off my lawn!”

All y’all can hang out there talking about the good old days and how much harder you had it growing up.

Hey don’t forget we had it harder AND the world was better too.  My 3 millennial kids like that part of the story.  

Gotto go now and change the spark plugs in my Chevy, mow the lawn in a new direction, put a washer in my faucet, listen to some records, and catch the Gillian’s Island reruns.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Hey don’t forget we had it harder AND the world was better too.  My 3 millennial kids like that part of the story.  

Gotto go now and change the spark plugs in my Chevy, mow the lawn in a new direction, put a washer in my faucet, listen to some records, and catch the Gillian’s Island reruns.  

Wait .... is your name Bob?  Do you live in St. Louis?  This can't really be you, can it?!?!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

But, but it's supposed to be a Ford and a Gran Torino. Do you still set you points with a matchbook cover ?

46 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Turning up to a game the year before they drafted you. That's commitment ;)

Plenty of people think I should be committed.

Most people are incredulous when I tell them I'm a season ticket holder and drive six and a half hours one way for games.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jets game? 37-35 Win? Our ONLY win of the season and against the eventual SBIII Champs.

3 Pick 6’s.

LOL, not even close.  Watched Lamonica spank the Bills.  I had to look up the score to remember.

Oakland Raiders - 48, Buffalo Bills - 6.

It was still fun just experiencing something like that.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Is this code? A clandestine password? ?

No, the password is Mason & Della drink cheap wine near the Dock

Edited by THE SLAMMER
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

LOL, not even close.  Watched Lamonica spank the Bills.  I had to look up the score to remember.

Oakland Raiders - 48, Buffalo Bills - 6.

It was still fun just experiencing something like that.

Sadly, I remember that game as well.. 

12 hours ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

Another great rockpile memory.  1969 home opener was with the jets, they had won super bowl III the previous january.  In those days the AFL-NFL rivalry was huge, and as the jets were introduced, they got a standing  ovation from the Buffalo crowd for being the first AFL team to win the super bowl.  The Bills then went on to lose the game of course.  Try to imagine a Bills home crowd giving any visiting team a standing O now, and you'll realize how big the AFL-NFL thing was in those years

At that game too; many do not realize the impact of Joe Willie guaranteeing the win and then following through! Standing ovation for a couple of minutes for the hated Jets! Great stuff!

• Like (+1) 1

Any of you old timers from the 60's, remember every Sunday paper (Courier or Bflo News - can't remember).

They had hand drawn pictures of a new Bill each week. I couldn't wait to see who would be featured each week.

I cut them out & saved them in a Bills scrap book. I was 6 years old for the Bills first AFL Championship.

• Like (+1) 3