Pegula kids firing back at Buffalo News

7 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Pegula kids about to get a talking to and subsequent tweet deletion.

Nope, wont happen.

Best comment is the first comment from Kim Pegula "No Comment"

So we know the family agrees with the dog. :-)

• Like (+1) 1

BN is doing there typical round of "Buffalo Sports, Woe is me"

at this point I can't even take anything they say sports wise serioulsy so I do not

• Like (+1) 1

"Journalism is the activity of gathering, assessing, creating, and presenting news and information."

https://www.americanpressinstitute.org/journalism-essentials/what-is-journalism/

I'd argue that the Buffalo News no longer employs journalists, just the same run of the mill talking heads generating opinion that have replaced all the television news.

Fun question:  When is the last time you read an article from either of these two gentleman that was - from start to finish - news without opinion folded into it?  

Again, it gets to my point about pay walls.  You're not paying for news.  You're paying for opinion. Two different products.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dpberr said:

"Journalism is the activity of gathering, assessing, creating, and presenting news and information."

https://www.americanpressinstitute.org/journalism-essentials/what-is-journalism/

I'd argue that the Buffalo News no longer employs journalists, just the same run of the mill talking heads generating opinion that have replaced all the television news.

Fun question:  When is the last time you read an article from either of these two gentleman that was - from start to finish - news without opinion folded into it?  

Again, it gets to my point about pay walls.  You're not paying for news.  You're paying for opinion. Two different products.

Their argument is Bucky and Sullivan are columnists, not reporters. That may be but when your opinion is garbage...

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Yeah. All  News outlets are all crap. Now Facebook. That’s where the real news is at. Get a grip.  

When I see news outlets reporting that 'the party's Facebook page said' or 'we reached out' to those involved, I conclude journalism is rarely practiced in WNY.

6 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

You have to admit...the Twitter account is funny as hell. I thoroughly enjoyed the butthurt from Harrington.

DclrpfsXUAErV3p.jpg

What's pathetic is passing off pictures of tipsy people mugging for the camera as 'news'.

• Like (+1) 1

The Buffalo News and WGR sports reporters egos are greatly inflated and their snark is rampant. 

They appear to be taking their queue from the over the top loudmouths with ESPN TV talk shows. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

You have to admit...the Twitter account is funny as hell. I thoroughly enjoyed the butthurt from Harrington.

DclrpfsXUAErV3p.jpg

Dog or not, the only thing they have to say is you are cut off from the locker room and stadium and your career is done Mr.Harrington.

The level of ego of media members who depend on others to keep them employed is staggering.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

DclrpfsXUAErV3p.jpg

Nonetheless, he’s right. Him and Sully might spew stupid garbage, but at least they attach their names to that garbage.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

Actually most  all news is crap these days, including online. 

There are still solid independent news sources. Of course you need to read several that oppose each other so you can sniff out the BS 

26 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

When I see news outlets reporting that 'the party's Facebook page said' or 'we reached out' to those involved, I conclude journalism is rarely practiced in WNY.

What's pathetic is passing off pictures of tipsy people mugging for the camera as 'news'.

Not all journalism is the same. It’s like eating out at a **** restaurant and concluding no one can cook.  It’s pretty easy to see who is really reporting and who is brainwashing. 

Tim Graham is the only person over there writing things I read; occasionally Carucci does too. I haven't read this column, I stopped reading Sullivan's trash a while ago and I'm better off for it. TBN made a decision they were going to remain irrelevant when they changed management over there and kept that moron on the payroll. The sub is cheap as hell and I still won't support them because of content like this - wouldn't give a penny to support Sullivan having a job. That'd be like paying trolls to post on this board.   

• Like (+1) 1

I know fans don't like to hear it, but the News is very highly respected nationally for it's sports coverage. Fans tend not to like them because they say bad teams are bad and fans tend not to like that.

I don't know Harrington well as I'm not much of a hockey fan but in the AP Sports Editors Awards, this  year he won as one of the top ten beat writers in sports writing. And Skurski was in the same top ten.

I think the dog tweet is pretty funny, personally, and that Harrington's response was pretty weak. But I like their coverage a lot, personally.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

There are still solid independent news sources. Of course you need to read several that oppose each other so you can sniff out the BS 

Where? And if you say Washington post or New York Times, I’m going to laugh at you.

Edited by joesixpack
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I know fans don't like to hear it, but the News is very highly respected nationally for it's sports coverage. Fans tend not to like them because they say bad teams are bad and fans tend not to like that.

I don't know Harrington well as I'm not much of a hockey fan but in the AP Sports Editors Awards, this  year he won as one of the top ten beat writers in sports writing. And Skurski was in the same top ten.

I think the dog tweet is pretty funny, personally, and that Harrington's response was pretty weak. But I like their coverage a lot, personally.

Not saying you're wrong, but what shows the News is highly respected nationally for it's sports coverage? Two awards for writes doesn't make them highly respected nationally.

Edited by MarkAF43
Additional info
  • Like (+1) 1

Don't confuse sports columnists with serious reporting.

16 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Always betting the under doesn't make you insightful.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

BN is doing there typical round of "Buffalo Sports, Woe is me"

at this point I can't even take anything they say sports wise serioulsy so I do not

IMO, they're just riffing on the negative attitude by many on the Allen pick, Brandon exit and Sabres season that have been percolating the last month or so. 

The sports department (and BN in general) are "finger in the wind" pros feeding into what sells in Buffalo...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Harrington is in CYA-mode since catching flack over his dismissive comments about Kim Pegula becoming president of the Bills, Sabres and PSE. Some of good fellow writers like Eliot Friedman tried to defend him, but curiously, Friedman unfollowed Harrington on Twitter right after.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Harrington is in CYA-mode since catching flack over his dismissive comments about Kim Pegula becoming president of the Bills, Sabres and PSE. Some of good fellow writers like Eliot Friedman tried to defend him, but curiously, Friedman unfollowed Harrington on Twitter right after.

PTR -- I heard he tweeted something to the effect that the rest of the NHL was laughing at Kim's appointment as President of the Bills and Sabres and then quickly deleted that.  Is that correct?

Just now, LABillzFan said:

DclrpfsXUAErV3p.jpg

Harrington is sooo thin skinned.  Especially for a guy pumping out as many crappy opinions as he does. 

• Like (+1) 1