The Bills don't need a WR.

1 minute ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Of course they do, but we should Trust the Process!  Tough to judge what we have now given TT's inability to deliver the ball.  We still have Shady, Clay, Benjamin, Kerley  and Zay.  We are not devoid of weapons.  They need more, but this roster was disgusting (IMHO) when McDermott took over.  We are on our way and they will get what we need - but maybe not all done this year.

It's not tought to judge at all. They need speed on the outside and a talent infusion. 

5 minutes ago, Loosh said:

Holmes needs to go.  I’d like to see them grab Deion Cain ..... then Wyatt Teller (G), and Kalen Ballage .  Go all offense with next three picks.  

That would be nice.

I’d also take Jaylen Samuels over Ballage, but he’ll probably be gone by that time. 

9 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Rod Streater has 28 receptions in his last 4 NFL seasons, playing all of 20 games.

No GM or HC with half a brain counts on that production. 

ShhShhh........ you might expose the fact that we have brilliant people here.  Don’t you know HC’s and GM’s come here looking for wisdom?

21 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

It is my contention that Rod Streater, who was lighting it up in camp last year before getting hurt, is a very viable option for the #2 role. He runs a 4.37 and put up almost a thousand yards in Oakland a few years ago. He's a hard-working guy and doesn't have any noticeable weaknesses. I look for him to cement the role in camp.

Benjamin
Streater
Kerley
Z. Jones
Holmes
Clay

This puts Z. Jones as your #4; pressure off and he could come into his own. Kerley is your starter in the slot. Holmes offers size in the red zone and Clay is an option to stretch the field.

FIVE YEARS AGO he had his one good season...........missed most or all of 3 of the last 4 seasons and played sparingly in the other...........it's BEYOND optimistic to expect anything out of a busted up 30 year old who flashed one decent season.

• Like (+1) 1

Current realities are that teams have been loading up on multiple, quality WRs.  One example is the Falcons selecting Ridley in Round 1 even though they already had Jones and Sanu.  I hope Jones can develop this year, but if not, we likely will have the worst overall group of WRs in the NFL.

32 minutes ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

I'd agree it's not THE most pressing need, but we need to surround Allen with better if we want him to pan out. Signing Dez would be a good move, a solid if older option that can bring some veteran leadership to the receiver corps and give Allen a reliable target. 

Dez can be had with a nice 2 year deal with some more cash on the backside- our cap space next year is 100 mil. I say go get him. Dudes gonna play with a chip on his shoulders!

• Like (+1) 1

They could have added Streater back to the roster when he was healthy later in the season and they didn't bother doing so. Thinking he will be anything is playing the lottery. You never know, but the guy has done nothing in like 4 years. There are some nice players in this draft and there are guys who are going to get cut. 

Hell I'd throw a 7th at the Raiders for Seth Roberts, who seems to be the odd man out and could get cut. 6-2 and a 4.4 who has produced pretty good results. 

53 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

It is my contention that Rod Streater, who was lighting it up in camp last year before getting hurt, is a very viable option for the #2 role. He runs a 4.37 and put up almost a thousand yards in Oakland a few years ago. He's a hard-working guy and doesn't have any noticeable weaknesses. I look for him to cement the role in camp.

Benjamin
Streater
Kerley
Z. Jones
Holmes
Clay

This puts Z. Jones as your #4; pressure off and he could come into his own. Kerley is your starter in the slot. Holmes offers size in the red zone and Clay is an option to stretch the field.

I remember when guys like you projected us to have like 12 starters and among the strongest groups in the league last year.... 

we again have among the weakest and it’s late to add an immediate impact. It’s ok to acknowledge that

56 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Not saying we are all good, but OP has a point.  And don't sleep on Brandon Reilly.  I think he will be a good one.  The other thing is - WRs seem to be pricey and therefore a few always seem to be camp cuts.  I think we will be okay.  If there is a guy we like take him, but no need to reach.

malachi dupri could be hidden gem as well. had he not had a crappy qb at lsu, he would have been much more productive and sought after. as a matter of fact, he would probably rate right up there where we sit in the draft now.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

It's amazing that people are actually agreeing with the OP.  As  the roster stands now, the Bills WR receiving corp is easily bottom 5 in the league.   

Need at least 1 speed guy who can catch.    It would be nice to have a little talent to at least give McCarron a fighting chance to prove himself as a starting QB. 

• Like (+1) 1