The Bills don't need a WR.

I think our WR "issue" will somewhat fall in Daboll's hands as much as the QB, RB, and OL issues do.  A year ago everyone was saying our defense will be awful with the players we had and I said if McDermott is as advertised it will be much improved with or without a ton of talent.  I don't have that same faith in Daboll to turn around the offense and that is why I didn't like the hire.  That said if he is good, and ultimately was worth hiring, he will be able to get WR's open even without elite talent.  Dennison left me scratching my head a number of times and ran a game plan that put WR's in a spot where the only real option was to physically get separation.  Watch McDaniel's offense and you'll see guys running open by a mile who are no where near speedsters.

4 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I encourage everyone to watch the championship game again and what Daboll did with both his quarterbacks and WRs.  I think we are going to see a lot of screens and tosses out to the flat, so much more than we've ever seen.

College vs the Pros. The NFL has so much more speed you cant just out run people to the outside.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/28/2018 at 10:49 AM, BuffaloBill said:

ShhShhh........ you might expose the fact that we have brilliant people here.  Don’t you know HC’s and GM’s come here looking for wisdom?

...why it is the MONSTER.COM when teams search for their replacements....

47 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I encourage everyone to watch the championship game again and what Daboll did with both his quarterbacks and WRs.  I think we are going to see a lot of screens and tosses out to the flat, so much more than we've ever seen.

Alabama didn't have a QB throw for more than 250 yards all season and only over 200 twice all season.  Not sure anything is going to create the Air Coryell and especially Daboll and this WR group.

Edited by Maine-iac
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/28/2018 at 9:31 AM, The Bills Blog said:

It is my contention that Rod Streater, who was lighting it up in camp last year before getting hurt, is a very viable option for the #2 role. He runs a 4.37 and put up almost a thousand yards in Oakland a few years ago. He's a hard-working guy and doesn't have any noticeable weaknesses. I look for him to cement the role in camp.

Benjamin
Streater
Kerley
Z. Jones
Holmes
Clay

This puts Z. Jones as your #4; pressure off and he could come into his own. Kerley is your starter in the slot. Holmes offers size in the red zone and Clay is an option to stretch the field.

I would agree with you if We had Brady as our QB !! 

I’m assuming AJ will be a starter ( at least)  week 1 , I’m hopping that with all the roaster moves / cuts maybe even trades we can still improve our WR corp 

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Any chance we go after Jeremy Maclin?  

No because some people here are still mad because he chose Baltimore ( and not us) last year !!!!

so f$&@ him 

On 4/28/2018 at 7:31 AM, The Bills Blog said:

It is my contention that Rod Streater, who was lighting it up in camp last year before getting hurt, is a very viable option for the #2 role. He runs a 4.37 and put up almost a thousand yards in Oakland a few years ago. He's a hard-working guy and doesn't have any noticeable weaknesses. I look for him to cement the role in camp.

Benjamin
Streater
Kerley
Z. Jones
Holmes
Clay

This puts Z. Jones as your #4; pressure off and he could come into his own. Kerley is your starter in the slot. Holmes offers size in the red zone and Clay is an option to stretch the field.

Zay Jones was not drafted to be #4.  He's got a lot more talent than that.  He has to step up, period.  Also, the number 4 receiver plays on Special Tesms and I don't see him doing that on a regular basis.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:42 AM, Loosh said:

Holmes needs to go.  I’d like to see them grab Deion Cain ..... then Wyatt Teller (G), and Kalen Ballage .  Go all offense with next three picks.  

Gotta give this post a little credit for calling the Teller pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

Alabama didn't have a QB throw for more than 250 yards all season and only over 200 twice all season.  Not sure anything is going to create the Air Coryell and especially Daboll and this WR group.

My point is that he works well with what he's given personnel wise.  And a lot of quick screens, 2 rb play action dump off, WR screens and sweeps.   He adjusted well after Hurts was struggling mightily in the first half and they were blanked 13-0.

Once Tagovailoa got going it was quick slants off play action, quick outs/wr screens, wr's crossing routes over the middle, and they were sure to mix in long throws on first down to loosen up the D.  

Then they started to pick up the pace in q4 with a double PA fake and quick out, the run game started to click with Harris especially.  Then deep crossing patterns to again stretch the D on 1st down.  

Then they missed the kick to send it to OT.

In OT their rookie qb was facing a 2nd and 26, down 3 on the 41 yard line. Then he took a shot deep to the left and the rest is history.

With our D and a little creativity on offense to keep the opponent off balance I think we will be fine this year.