The Bills don't need a WR.

It is my contention that Rod Streater, who was lighting it up in camp last year before getting hurt, is a very viable option for the #2 role. He runs a 4.37 and put up almost a thousand yards in Oakland a few years ago. He's a hard-working guy and doesn't have any noticeable weaknesses. I look for him to cement the role in camp.

Benjamin
Streater
Kerley
Z. Jones
Holmes
Clay

This puts Z. Jones as your #4; pressure off and he could come into his own. Kerley is your starter in the slot. Holmes offers size in the red zone and Clay is an option to stretch the field.

For this year, I think that group may work fine.  Let Zay grow into the player he is meant to be this year and add another next year.  We will see though.  If there is a guy they like at their pick, take him.  No reason this team shouldn't choose whoever is number one on their board.  This team just needs more talent.

6 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

It is my contention that Rod Streater, who was lighting it up in camp last year before getting hurt, is a very viable option for the #2 role. He runs a 4.37 and put up almost a thousand yards in Oakland a few years ago. He's a hard-working guy and doesn't have any noticeable weaknesses. I look for him to cement the role in camp.

Benjamin
Streater
Kerley
Z. Jones
Holmes
Clay

This puts Z. Jones as your #4; pressure off and he could come into his own. Kerley is your starter in the slot. Holmes offers size in the red zone and Clay is an option to stretch the field.

Rod Streater as #2 WR?  That is reassuring

Edited by BuffaloRush

Don’t forget Zay Jones had an injured wrist all year.  Never made sense the #1 all time catching college player had so many drops.  He’ll be better this year, but I disagree I’d like to see a WR in the 4th and Offensive Lineman for depth in the 5th-7th rounds.  I disagree with WGR guys who keep saying we will go backwards this year.  I can see us winning one playoff game in wildcard weekend, and then next year with $100,000,000 Plus however much it goes up to get some stud free agents.

i also think they are waiting for the end of the draft to decide whether to take back Richie as I last heard we have not taken him back but he changed his mind two days after saying he wanted to retire.  I think that was all about trying to get more money and he lost that negotiation.  He was still a three time pro bowler these last three years.

Gives us time to go higher next year for a higher picked lineman.  Just my opinion.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Need a WR?  Of course they do.  Is this the 1970s?

Of course they do, but we should Trust the Process!  Tough to judge what we have now given TT's inability to deliver the ball.  We still have Shady, Clay, Benjamin, Kerley  and Zay.  We are not devoid of weapons.  They need more, but this roster was disgusting (IMHO) when McDermott took over.  We are on our way and they will get what we need - but maybe not all done this year.