Poll: Josh Allen Approval Rating

Poll: Josh Allen Approval Rating  

455 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of the Bills selecting Josh Allen

• Yes, he will be a star
    • No, he will be a bust
    • I’m somewhere in the middle

1 minute ago, BillsFan692 said:

You just don't know that for sure man he was a highly rated prospect #2 on the board for some... What do you want? They took a shot and they didn't sell the farm

True.  My biggest fear before the draft was moving up to #2 for Allen and giving up three first round picks.  At least they didn't do that.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Really? I feel like I saw the opposite. I thought they saw him as someone with a high ceiling, but it was a big risk believing he'd reach it. He had had all the physical skills athletically, but accuracy, and mentally was going to be a jump for him. I thought Kiper was getting killed by everyone, including Mcshay (probably manufactured though) because no one honestly believed he go one.

I believe you read this I just missed it and thought a lot of skepticism surrounded Allen the whole time. Here's to hoping we're all wrong who didnt believe.

What I thought too, but the top QBs have seemingly been a mish-mash of whatever order for months now, and I know sites like Barstool Sports and Sporting News were touting him as the top pick right up until last night.  There's been a lot of Josh Allen potential first pick commentary right alongside a good dose of criticism and "hold the !@#$ on this guy is a project" commentary, right up until his tweets really.  Reports have been all over the place, which reminds me very much of EJ, really, and in general doesn't leave me feeling good. 

I have no idea why we passed on the seemingly much more sure thing in Rosen.

30 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If your gonna defend someone who says ppl are drinking koop aid for THEIR opinion then what you say to me means less then doo doo

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m not sure you could if you tried

Well here we go. First of all the poster you quoted just said that anyone who is defending the Allen pick is drinking kool aid (not koop aid, I'll touch on that later). He just merely accused people of being homers, and didn't even point to specific people. Yet you somehow took that post personally and claimed his was insulting people. How can he insult unnamed people? You're seeing the insult in it yourself, and it really isn't even an insult.

You're a homer, so what, quit being so sensitive about. So that's where I cover why the content of your post is stupid.

This is where I cover you're stupid because you can't write, like Josh Allen can't throw a football into Lake Erie.

If you're* gonna (whatever) defend someone who says ppl (just write people, what are you, 60?) are drinking koop (It's kool) aid for THEIR ( all capital letters is obnoxious, immature, just not a good sign of intelligence) opinion (again, he didn't call out anyone personally) then what you say to me means less then ( I know then vs than can be confusing) doo doo ( I only wish I had a way with words like you).

Shut up when you talk to me.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

I really hope he justifies the pick, there is something to be said when someone has generational arm talent, but it's a matter of improving his footwork and accuracy. Hopefully his arm strength can make up for some of his other shortfalls. Either way Go Bills

15 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

I think he means NFL/football people- scouts, coaches, GM's, etc.

Fair enough could be. I find it hard to discern what is truthful with them and what isn't. It's a lot like poker, because they may have claimed to like him, but didn't. And what good does it do to show their cards afterwards and say they were the bluffing.

This is why the draft is exhausting to me, I think about everything from 1000 different angles. It's also why I hate poker lol. 

1 hour ago, Awwufelloff said:

From the Jets board. Pretty much how I feel. Every single NFL forum message board is laughing at us for taking Allen. Beane did not address how to fix his accuracy in the interview. Might need a new management team.

"The stars aligned for us in many ways tonight. 

Darnold fell in our laps.

Buffalo took Allen.

And just as Miami is licking their chops, Arizona sweeps in and takes Rosen, forcing Miami to take a safety lol

Couldn't have written tonight any better, IMO"

"If I had to hand pick a QB for the Bills to struggle with for the next 5 years it would be Allen."

"Josh Allen to the Bills was just a bonus pick for the Jets."

I would have preferred Darnold, but the Jets aren't in any position to criticize anyone. 

The fact is though that going by fans on message boards is a bad idea.

42 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

What I thought too, but the top QBs have seemingly been a mish-mash of whatever order for months now, and I know sites like Barstool Sports and Sporting News were touting him as the top pick right up until last night.  There's been a lot of Josh Allen potential first pick commentary right alongside a good dose of criticism and "hold the !@#$ on this guy is a project" commentary, right up until his tweets really.  Reports have been all over the place, which reminds me very much of EJ, really, and in general doesn't leave me feeling good. 

I have no idea why we passed on the seemingly much more sure thing in Rosen.

Oh, I don't think the reports on EJ were all over the place. They were mostly the same place, middle rounds maybe . His own coach questioned if he was even draftable. Kipers final mock before that draft had zero QBs going in round 1. I don't like this pick , but I can tell the guy is a better prospect than EJ. That's not a real high bar, to be sure. But Manuel cannot throw like an NFL QB. Allen is better than EJ, much better. He may flop, and Rosen might too. I would have picked the safer choice in Rosen, but the Bills clearly didn't want him. 

1 hour ago, No Cease Fires said:

Tools, yes. But he hasn't shown he knows what to do with them. Kinda like some other Bills QB picks I don't need to mention.

Look, I really hope he's a star, and of course there's a chance he will be. But looking at the history of college QBs with less than 60 percent accuracy, those chances aren't good. That's the truth. So if I were a betting man, I would bet on him to bust. And that's just playing the percentages. The only way I would bet on him to be a star is if I had a whole ton of faith in a regime that has given me no reason to have said faith when it comes to the QB position. Hence the Kool-aid.

Again I'm not sure what you mean when you say he doesn't know how to use the tools he has? He took a terrible Wyoming team and turned them into a winning program, last year he literally took a terrible offense and put them on his back/arm and won games. He has issues with accuracy but with help he can correct things, Brett favre, Matthew Stafford and even our own ex QB Tyrod taylor all had QB rating in the mid to low 50's (Stafford finally got to 60% his senior year). I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest I'm just not understanding other than his comp % why people have such a problem with him.

My nightmare scenario was trading up for Josh Allen. I'm not sure you trade up for a project. I'm also not sure accuracy  is something that can be fixed.

But he's Bill now so if I'm all in.  voted he's going to be a star.

Great situation for him being drafted by a playoff team with no incumbent starter.

Edited by reddogblitz

Just glad they didn't take Rosen, even at 12. Love the two picks today choosing players who have the chance to become GREAT, over players who are good now but keep us at 8-8 each year. Loving the future of this team. I don't give one %$@# if Buffalo sucks this year, I trust the process. 

4 hours ago, No Cease Fires said:

I'm not saying he won't turn out to be a star, I hope he does. But to predict that TODAY when every conceivable metric says nuh-uh, well, you're riding on faith and little else. 

LMAO that's the dumbest take ever. Dude hasn't even played a down.

6 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I think we’ll look back on this night as a huge misstep. 

As per usual, this franchise is in no better hands with Pegula than it was with Ralph.

7 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

LMAO that's the dumbest take ever. Dude hasn't even played a down.

Neither did EJ Manuel the night he was drafted, smart fans knew what we were getting...

1 minute ago, T-Bomb said:

As per usual, this franchise is in no better hands with Pegula than it was with Ralph.

Neither did EJ Manuel the night he was drafted, smart fans knew what we were getting...

So when do you take over as an NFL executive?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

So when do you take over as an NFL executive?

So when is your next sip of KoolAid?

So fans are never right about draft picks, ever?  Right?

FO's are never wrong?  Right?

You were a guy probably hoping EJ Manuel was the next franchise QB right?

2 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

So when is your next sip of KoolAid?

So fans are never right about draft picks, ever?  Right?

FO's are never wrong?  Right?

You were a guy probably hoping EJ Manuel was the next franchise QB right?

Your entitled to your opinion. You may be disappointed with the pick but the doom and gloom is a dumb take when the kid hasn't played one second yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I’m curious to know the pulse of Two Bills a drive in regards to the selection of QB Josh Allen. 

Personally, I wanted Rosen.  I think that statistically the odds are against Allen succeeding.  Beane’s job is pretty much on the line here, because like Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley, he needs to justify his choice for QB’s.

so vote in the poll... do you agree or disagree with the pick.

He doesn't need to justify anything.

He made his pick, now he just needs to accept the roll of the dice he just made.

If the rest of the moves he's made continue to pay out, like drafting Edwards, the FA signings (Davis, star, Murphy) I'm willing to let the Allen pick slide if it falls, with a couple conditions:

-they give Allen enough time to actually develop before cutting bait, the last thing you want is to give up early, then he blossoms with another team

-Beane continues to hit doubles, triples, and home runs with his other picks. If your QB pick fails, everything else you did better be legit and impactful overall.

-Beane recognizes the mistake if Allen fails, owns it, and goes for another QB. This is a big one for me. When our previous QBs were failing, our former GMs sat on their hands and were afraid to take risks on another QB. It's like a basketball player never shooting because he is afraid to miss. Guess what? Never taking another shot is just as bad, eventually the shot clock runs out. If your guy is failing, take another shot until something hits.

I expect Beane and McD to be here another 4 years minimum, were have to see how this plays out.

Beane traded the farm on a hope and a prayer.

Just when you thought you seen the worst with Doug Wayley and Watkins - Along comes "Jack and the Beane stalk".

Someone PLEASE give examples of any and all NFL QBs that successfully overcame accuracy issues - PLEASE.

• Like (+1) 1

i'm in the middle hoping for the next elway. i think things worked out great for rosen and am happy for him as to where he landed. the one thing i am happy about and think the f.o. may feel this way, is that we can afford to let him sit for up to 2 yrs.

i think we are in good hands with a.j. and actually can't wait to see what he can do. there is no rush or pressure to get him in the game. now let's build this team.

Just now, JohninMinn. said:

Rosen not tough enough to be a Buffalo Bill. It was that simple.

I kind of felt like he let sliding down the draft get under his skin a little too easy. Like not in the good way "I am going to prove you all wrong", but more like the "you guys are all morons, :censored: this, I don't need this crap" kind of vibe.

I’m somewhere in the middle.  Ask me again in 2 or 3 years.  

Matt BowenESPN Staff Writer 

Josh Allen has the highest-ceiling of the 2018 QB class. Size in the pocket, arm talent and the mobility to make off-scheduled plays. However, Allen is still raw on tape and needs time to develop his overall game. Upside pick here for the Bills.

I was mind melding with Beane remotely 

“No matter if we selected any quarterback, they all had something, a knock, on them,” Beane said. “You have to pick what you’re willing to deal with and work with. We just think his makeup is going to help him work on his flaws. We like a lot of his strengths. That will be part of our job here, is to accentuate his strengths and work on his fundamentals and what his so-called weaknesses are, and I have no doubt he can do that.”

12 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Just when you thought you seen the worst with Doug Wayley and Watkins - Along comes "Jack and the Beane stalk".

Someone PLEASE give examples of any and all NFL QBs that successfully overcame accuracy issues - PLEASE.

I wouldn't say giving up zero first round picks this year or next year is "trading the farm" I would have been disappointed if we had to give up #22 or our first next year, but giving up two 2nd round picks in no way constitutes "trading the farm" 

13 minutes ago, cd1 said:

I wouldn't go that far.    "The Farm" would have been what (please do not take offense) Kirby, Gunner and the other armchair GM's  would have been two 1's, and two 2's just to get their QB.   

16 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Brett Favre.   Some would say he had "accuracy issues" yet played in 2 SB's and won 1.   When Favre was HOT he was HOT,  When he wasn't INT city. 

it’s too bad the small percentage that “know” he’s gonna bust also happen to be the most active in this post. 

.... it makes for some awful takes and just the most obnoxious know-it-all rhetoric throughout a whole thread. Good lord. 

Is this everyone’s first draft? How many do you need to see that have flops and steals for you few to realize anyone that pretends to know a guy is gonna bust, or be the demise of the regimine, makes you look like a complete idiot. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Well here we go. First of all the poster you quoted just said that anyone who is defending the Allen pick is drinking kool aid (not koop aid, I'll touch on that later). He just merely accused people of being homers, and didn't even point to specific people. Yet you somehow took that post personally and claimed his was insulting people. How can he insult unnamed people? You're seeing the insult in it yourself, and it really isn't even an insult.

You're a homer, so what, quit being so sensitive about. So that's where I cover why the content of your post is stupid.

This is where I cover you're stupid because you can't write, like Josh Allen can't throw a football into Lake Erie.

If you're* gonna (whatever) defend someone who says ppl (just write people, what are you, 60?) are drinking koop (It's kool) aid for THEIR ( all capital letters is obnoxious, immature, just not a good sign of intelligence) opinion (again, he didn't call out anyone personally) then what you say to me means less then ( I know then vs than can be confusing) doo doo ( I only wish I had a way with words like you).

Shut up when you talk to me.

Well I guess you told me....

Except you didnt

Are you my new best friend?

• Haha (+1) 1