Pegula jet headed to Ohio?

jamiezzz

2 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

Could it be a player going for a physical in possible package for trade?

This sounds plausible but it'd have to be someone who resides in the Buffalo area year round, right?  Who would that be?  And who's going to hop on a flight at short notice to benefit the team that's trading him away?

Edited by sullim4
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but team executives don't load up a plane and go to another team's headquarters just to talk trade. Why would they do that? What could be accomplished in person that couldn't be accomplished over the phone? 

Silliness.

Pegula does things a bit differently...

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah yeah I’ve heard that relentless crescendo... and the point remains trading up to #1 is reckless unless they are positive they are drafting an ELITE, perennial top 5 QB and positive he’s going 1 2 or 3 

if this guy ends up being just a Matt Stafford or Sam Bradford, we can count on continuing to suck for a while... 

Stafford is a terrific player. Consider the team he took over. They were AWFUL. They have made the playoffs three times and should have won against Dallas in the 2014 playoffs if not for a ridiculously egregious call that handed the game to Dallas.

On WGR 550 this morning, Jordan Palmer said he really liked the Buffalo regime and he thought big things were coming. Kinda of like stay tuned but Howard was unable to get anything more out of him. For those who do not know, Palmer works closely with Darnold and Allen as their qb guru. 

Edited by racketmaster
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jamie Nails said:

Wrong. A physical would happen after- not before a trade is struck. It would be contingent on him passing

It would involve draft picks for tomorrow. If they "agreed" on a trade, the physical woukd become ASAP. I think the idea of Cleveland trading the #1 pick is complete fantasy, but the physical would happen quickly. 

5 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

This sounds plausible but it'd have to be someone who resides in the Buffalo area year round, right?  Who would that be?  And who's going to hop on a flight at short notice to benefit the team that's trading him away?

The log says the plane was in Sarasota this morning.  The question is who lives there? Terry and Kim live in Boca.

38 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

I take no credit for this, as this came from another Bills board, and Bills fan.  Probably nothing, but figured I post.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/XSR961

He us going there to sell more Ohio fracking property rights so he can buy the Pats for his son so he can run them into the ground!!!

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Stafford is a terrific player. Consider the team he took over. They were AWFUL. They have made the playoffs three times and should have won against Dallas in the 2014 playoffs if not for a ridiculously egregious call that handed the game to Dallas.

I know that’s kind of my point though.  Bills roster has become pretty aweful. Three solid o line starters who basically made the running game work are gone. RB is 30, need talent at DT, DE, WR and linebacker situation is not good on top of that is the huge QB problem.

outside of a very good secondary, this team needs major help. 

When you surrender that many picks, how do you fix these things?

So im all for getting a good QB, but ya gotta do it responsibly and take some calculated risks to ensure the team gets some much need talent in the other spots.  

Aka unless you have one guy graded way above another, you need to play with the options and move up only as far as you have to to get your guy. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I know that’s kind of my point though.  Bills roster has become pretty aweful. Three solid o line starters who basically made the running game work are gone. RB is 30, need talent at DT, DE, WR and linebacker situation is not good on top of that is the huge QB problem.

So im all for getting a good QB, but ya gotta do it responsibly and take some calculated risks to ensure the team gets some much need talent in the other spots.  

No, that's how you don't get a franchise QB for 22 seasons...

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The Bills will have a TON of cap space next season and can go big in FA. Times are different now - lots of good players coming off of first contracts.  The draft isn't the only path. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills will have a TON of cap space next season and can go big in FA. Times are different now - lots of good players coming off of first contracts.  The draft isn't the only path. 

Right, but as you know it is practically the only path to get a franchise qb . . . I will be thrilled if the end result of all this is Darnold in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

If we have Stafford we go to the playoffs every year. There is a reason he was given the big contract.

38 minutes ago, MDFan said:

Funny you mention that.  It seems his latest alter ego was here and gone quickly.  

In his infinite wisdom I guess he thought we wouldn't connect the data points and figure out who the :censored: he REALLY was. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

No, that's how you don't get a franchise QB for 22 seasons...

Geez, I know a certain team that's drafted a QB in the first round twice this decade; expand it to first to third round, they've drafted 5 QBs in the last 7 years. They've drafted a QB first overall in their history.

I think their last "franchise QB" was ... who? Norm Snead? Otto Graham? Sure as heck longer than us. Point is, it's not always about taking chances on QBs. It's about drafting the right players, generally. Then you can take a chance on a little scrambling guy from Wisconsin in the 3rd round because you've already built a TEAM.

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

With our recent moves we are at 63.6M in cap space.  Not 90-100M like we were several weeks backs.  Decent cap room but will get eaten up in a hurry with several needs easily between offense and defense.  The 2019 signees will not all be top shelf blue chip players due to needs.  Then there is the matter if we trade our 2019 first round pick.  We are not on easy street this year and next year.

I hate you guys.  Why you gotta scare me like this?  The bills had damned well better not sell the stadium for a one shot on the roulette wheel.  That's WAY too much to pay.  Hell, he would still need an oline and WRs!   What would we do then?  Start interviewing the buff state Bengals for seniors or drop out juniors to play for us?  :o)

If I were the browns I would make the deal for sure!  They would totally own the draft this year with all those picks they have and all that we give them.  Dang.

Please no.  Stay at 12 before giving it all away.  Do it.

Edited by sleeby