Would you offer this trade

Was thinking about ways to make a dynamic improvement in the 2018 Buffalo Bills.

Here is my trade offer.

Bills offer pick 12, 22, 53, 1st and 2nd 2019 picks for Giants 2nd pick and Odell Beckham Jr.

Would you make this offer and would the Giants be interested.

Assuming Cleveland takes Josh Allen, who would you select at pick number 2?

10 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Was thinking about ways to make a dynamic improvement in the 2018 Buffalo Bills.

Here is my trade offer.

Bills offer pick 12, 22, 53, 1st and 2nd 2019 picks for Giants 2nd pick and Odell Beckham Jr.

I would not make that trade as I would not want Beckham. His production...yes. Him no.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here is my trade offer.

The Giants would in a heartbeat.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

No way bills trade 1st and their 2nd in 2019!! I know we have a quite a bit of money to spend next year, but this can't even be an option. 

I thought about that but we have a third, two forths, a 5th, 6th and two 7th round picks.

However we would have our choice of QB, the assumption is we use some of our cap space in 2019 to sign Odell to a long term deal.  We would still have picks 56 and 65 to address immediate needs at LB and OT, pick 96 and and 4th to get a 2nd LB and G, then our 5th, 6th and 7th for slot corner, DT and RB.

An offense of Benjamin and Beckham with Jones in the slot, Clay at TE, McCoy in the backfield, Ivory getting touches to spell Shady and an offensive line with added depth to go with a solid D with two LB's added along with a slot corner and I'll roll into Foxboro with a fighting chance.

15 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here is my trade offer.

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

Every time!

O'Dell is obviously talented,  but he would not be happy on a rebuilding team.  He would be a disruption in the locker room. But, if that trade was made, I still favor Josh Rosen.  I like his accuracy and size.  I think the other issues about him are over hyped.

3 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I thought about that but we have a third, two forths, a 5th, 6th and two 7th round picks.

However we would have our choice of QB, the assumption is we use some of our cap space in 2019 to sign Odell to a long term deal.  We would still have picks 56 and 65 to address immediate needs at LB and OT, pick 96 and and 4th to get a 2nd LB and G, then our 5th, 6th and 7th for slot corner, DT and RB.

An offense of Benjamin and Beckham with Jones in the slot, Clay at TE, McCoy in the backfield, Ivory getting touches to spell Shady and an offensive line with added depth to go with a solid D with two LB's added along with a slot corner and I'll roll into Foxboro with a fighting chance.

I get what ur saying and I am not disagreeing.. I just don't see Beane giving up 1st and 2nd next year, he is noted for loving his draft picks.. I'm not against your proposal, but I feel McBeane wouldn't pull the trigger on that deal.. If we could keep our 2nd somehow next year and throw in a player (lawson), I would fully billieve it could be a realistic trade

Man... you dream big!!

Not only do you want to give up what some consider to be close to or one 2nd rd pick above asking price for #2 (which still might not get NY to budge and go to 12) you ALSO want a high profile WR tossed in for good measure?

Which leads me to wonder...

Have you paid attention to the OBJ saga?

Have you paid attention to NYs asking price? 

Have you paid attention to HIS asking price? 

Have you paid attention to the Bill's cap this year?

Have you noticed the type of player that's come in vs left (inc watkins) in the last year?

I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you...

But the dream is over

Edited by gobills1212

That's a steep price, I wouldn't hate it since it fills the Bills 2 biggest needs while still having picks 56, 65, and 96 to address some other needs. But considering the massive deal Odell would require and the fact that Odell is a headache I would pass, I would rather offer 12, 22, 53, 96, and a mid rounder next year for pick 2 and a late round pick (Helps replace some of the volume the team loses in picks.) 

Odell as talented and dynamic as he is just doesn't fit the profile of the organization. 

35 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here is my trade offer.

I will play along....

yes, I would make the deal.  We could turn around OBJ for a 2nd rounder or more this year.  Thusly, the trade would be #12, #22, and 1st and 2nd round pick in 2019 for #2.

I think that is a win!  We would probably do better than that trading OBJ too.

18 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Do you honestly expect to fill 3 holes with a 5th , 6th and 7th round pick? If just one of those picks would stick, that would be a huge success.

27 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

No way bills trade 1st and their 2nd in 2019!! I know we have a quite a bit of money to spend next year, but this can't even be an option. 

If we ignored all the extra picks and I said we come out of round 1 2018 with our top qb, an and all pro WR and still had a round 2 pick and two round 3 picks but it cost us a 1 and 2 next year.... you’d love it. 

That we accumulated so many extra picks changes the equation a little bit. We can target guys we want without it crippling our pipeline of talent.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Do you honestly expect to fill 3 holes with a 5th , 6th and 7th round pick? If just one of those picks would stick, that would be a huge success.

I don’t think he expects to get three starters that deep... but a rb in the 5th could contribute right away and it’s not crazy to think either a corner or DB could be a rotational guy down the line.

I would fill our holes C-G-T-WR-MLB first with this draft.  We were 9-7 and made playoffs last season- we would be much improved after this draft.  Then next season when we are close, I would make a trade offer that couldn't refuse and secure my qb.  I build team first, then QB

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

If we ignored all the extra picks and I said we come out of round 1 2018 with our top qb, an and all pro WR and still had a round 2 pick and two round 3 picks but it cost us a 1 and 2 next year.... you’d love it. 

That we accumulated so many extra picks changes the equation a little bit. We can target guys we want without it crippling our pipeline of talent.

Like I quoted OP in previous comment.. i am not against it.. I just don't see Beane making this trade. He covets draft picks and I find it hard to believe him giving up 1st AND 2nd next year

1 hour ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Like I quoted OP in previous comment.. i am not against it.. I just don't see Beane making this trade. He covets draft picks and I find it hard to believe him giving up 1st AND 2nd next year

Does he covet draft picks or did  he covet ammunition to get a qb?

Edited by NoSaint

20 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Man... you dream big!!

Not only do you want to give up what some consider to be asking price for #2 (which still might not get NY to budge and go to 12) you ALSO want a high profile WR?

Which leads me to wonder...

Have you paid attention to the OBJ saga?

Have you paid attention to NYs asking price? 

Have you paid attention to HIS asking price? 

Have you paid attention to the Bill's cap this year?

Have you noticed the type of player that's come in vs left in the last year?

I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you...

But the dream is over

What the deal would break down would be:

12, 22 and Next Years First (slight overpay by Buffalo)

53 and next years 2nd for Odell, Giants now would have 4 picks in the top 53 this year, crazy draft capital in 2019, dump Odell's salary and can do a full rebuild next year with 8 picks total in rounds 1 & 2.

Bills get their franchise QB, two WR's in their prime and a young slot receiver.  A chance to keep building their roster with the remaining picks

Pick 56 - Malik Jefferson - LB

Pick 65 - Brandon Parker - OT

Pick 96 - Shaqueem Griffin - LB/S hybrid 

4th Round - Fred Warner LB

5th Round - Justin Jones - DT

6th Round - Taylor Hearn - G

7th Round - Holton Hill - CB

30 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

What the deal would break down would be:

12, 22 and Next Years First (slight overpay by Buffalo)

53 and next years 2nd for Odell, Giants now would have 4 picks in the top 53 this year, crazy draft capital in 2019, dump Odell's salary and can do a full rebuild next year with 8 picks total in rounds 1 & 2.

Bills get their franchise QB, two WR's in their prime and a young slot receiver.  A chance to keep building their roster with the remaining picks

Pick 56 - Malik Jefferson - LB

Pick 65 - Brandon Parker - OT

Pick 96 - Shaqueem Griffin - LB/S hybrid 

4th Round - Fred Warner LB

5th Round - Justin Jones - DT

6th Round - Taylor Hearn - G

7th Round - Holton Hill - CB

I think you misunderstood my comments as actually entertaining this. It was a nice way of implying this is so out of touch with reality no one -let alone the teams involved- would consider this and that's if they were doing this on Madden .... bc I promise you, this isnt something that happens in real life

10 minutes ago, COLDFRONT said:

Oh God one of the worst ideas ever......this is why we can't have nice things.......

Please explain your opinion.  I've laid out players and possible picks.  If I give detail in my position I would hope for detail in return.

I'm on record giving up 12, 22, and 2109 #1 for the Giants second pick overall.  I make that trade in a sec for Allen.  I pause for a moment but still make trade and take Darnold if Browns take Allen.  

I would not give up two # 2 for OBJ.  He will cost too much and they have too many holes in the front 7.  

Even if this was an option I don't think the Giants would take it. The draft value doesn't match up nor does their asking price for Odell. 

Besides no way in hell do I want Odell Beckham Jr on my team!

To get up to #2 spot we either have to move up one more time before trading to #2 or we could trade #12, #53, #65, 2019 2nd RD & Lesean McCoy. This way we still have #22 and a pick in each round. McCoy is not irreplaceable. This class is deep with RB's that are younger, cheaper and under contract for longer. 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Does he covet draft picks or did es he cover ammunition to get a qb?

I would say...yet to be determined or both.  But, agree with NoSaint that it is not necessarily the case that Beane covets picks the most.

Hear me know and believe me later:  forget about drafting QB in 1st and get some OL and LB studs, and we'll get to the playoffs with AJ.  Adults will not wish upon a star.  I think we have adults now at OBD. 

3 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here is my trade offer.

Beane would be the joke of the NFL inner circle of that trade were to happen.

3 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here is my trade offer.

Don't won't Beckham so keeping the second . Taking Mayfield.

43 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Hear me know and believe me later:  forget about drafting QB in 1st and get some OL and LB studs, and we'll get to the playoffs with AJ.  Adults will not wish upon a star.  I think we have adults now at OBD. 

Not happening, they got this draft capitol to draft a QB, period.

We filled the holes last year and this year with solid free agents, we will never be a consistent contender without a franchise QB.

And so we are only getting one with some kind of a trade up.