Josh Rosen snaps back on Mora comments

4 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I keep saying it. If there's going to be an elite QB from this group, it's Rosen. He does things that nobody else in the class can do in terms of how he reads the game, especially pre-snap. It's a bit of a cliche but he really does seem born for it.

Maybe he's a bit of a tough one to work with. Maybe as a position coach or an OC, you're forced to bite your tongue a bit around him and acquiesce to him. But if you're the same QB coach or OC 2-3 years down the line and he's a superstar, you're using him to vault yourself into HC consideration.

I love Darnold as 1 and Rosen as 1A in this group.

Rosen because I think he has those Peyton Manning skills.

Darnold because I think he has the skillset more like a young Ben Roethlisberger but will be much better in the locker room than Ben and would be a much easier, relaxed fit in Buffalo.

IMO Rosen's team will soon be HIS team just like Manning's was...........and that put enormous pressure on Manning and he didn't usually handle it well in the playoffs..........and thus only converted one SB win as a star player.    Maybe I am wrong and Rosen can go with the flow more like Aaron Rodgers........but I just kinda' don't get that feeling.  

Darnold I just think will be outstanding and less pressured.........perhaps surrounded by better coaching because he'll be more flexible and maybe better supporting casts as a result.  Sloppier done...... but in the end he may win big more often than Rosen.   

I'd give my left nut to get either.    After that I see a dropoff but I think all of the top 5 could be franchise QB's.

• Like (+1) 1

This board is very funny. I love Rosen and I have no problem this, though I'm not sure what if means exactly.  But we keep comparing guys to Brady and other great quarterbacks when it suits our arguments. 

If you like Mayfield, his stupid list makes him like Brady cuz he wants revenge blah blah. He's short, but Drew Brees and Wilson! Competitive spirit blah blah.

If you like Rudolph and his noodle arm he is like Brady because he never had the greatest arm strength...blah blah..,neither did Manning or a Brees!

If you like Rosen, his questioning of coaches proves that he's like Brady because he asks why! If you don't like him he's a spoiled dick. 

Darnolds wind up is weird, but Philip Rivers! 

Then if you don't like these guys they are Ryan Leaf or some other bust. It's really funny actually. 

What all of these legends and busts have done in the past has absolutely nothing to do with the guys in this draft. Using one of the greatest of all time as an example is just a silly way to defend your arguments. 

I guess all of these guys have a little Brady in them and probably a little Ryan Leaf too. Except Rudolph, he's just Bryce Petty ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

As a lifelong UCLA alum I've seen every QB go thru this program. I've seen every snap Josh has made. I've read every article and even had the opportunity last year to briefly ask Jim Mora at a Rose Bowl function why Josh is "protected" from the media. All the fans at that spring invite could tell he wanted nothing to do with answering that question.  Darnold on the other hand was constantly on the radio or tv. It's we'll documented that Rosen might have some doubts about his passion for football.  The kid gets injured as easily as Goodwin. I want to see the Bills succeed and Rosen would not be a good fit in Buffalo. Darnold or Mayfield IMHO would be tough grinders in Buffalo.  That's all Mora is trying to say.  If you guys all want to run to the podium and grab Rosen, be my guest. I see a kid with way too many red flags. No crystal ball, no knowledge of the family, just my gut feeling. 

Might I ask how old you are, and how many QBs you've seen go through there (honest questions)?

That's pretty cool you've got to meet some of them in person.

Very cool actually.

His durability is a concern, I agree with you there, look at Bradford, he's made of glass, so Rosen might be similar.

I know people doubt his desire to play football, but I'm not sold on that storyline.

It's all he said she said, and anything Mora says is a load of crap to me.

The guy has a history of throwing his players under the bus after they leave, and he also was fired, so why would I take an angry coach's "going away words" as anything worth darn?

I'm just saying that the source, Mora, isn't reliable in regards to former player evals.

Just now, Steve Billieve said:

i think the real question is: Will Mora work again?

Yeah pretty much.

The guy was a crown prince of football coaching and seemed destined to greatness before he got his first HC job...........it was assumed after he didn't get it done in the NFL that he'd just be the next Pete Carroll and turn UCLA into a beast and he failed at that so now it's pretty clear he's not a difference maker.    Kind've a player's coach type that doesn't like players.:lol:

If i could give any advice that anyone would care to follow that would make their career and life in public a greater joy than it possibly could be it would be this:

cancel the Twitter account, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook, and any other social media where people can troll you and bait you into irrational emotion driven responses.

You will be much more happy and fans will love you.

Kevin D, Westbrook, even the Mannings, LeBron, McCoy, insert any name, etc etc....they all look ridiculous responding to teenage level talking points and going back and forth on petty feuds. They make media Whore King Brett Favre look like a caveman in comparison.

Oh and PS: hire a driver for roundtrips every time you go out to any party etc etc.........

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I love Darnold as 1 and Rosen as 1A in this group.

Rosen because I think he has those Peyton Manning skills.

Darnold because I think he has the skillset more like a young Ben Roethlisberger but will be much better in the locker room than Ben and would be a much easier, relaxed fit in Buffalo.

IMO Rosen's team will soon be HIS team just like Manning's was...........and that put enormous pressure on Manning and he didn't usually handle it well in the playoffs..........and thus only converted one SB win as a star player.    Maybe I am wrong and Rosen can go with the flow more like Aaron Rodgers........but I just kinda' don't get that feeling.  

Darnold I just think will be outstanding and less pressured.........perhaps surrounded by better coaching because he'll be more flexible and maybe better supporting casts as a result.  Sloppier done...... but in the end he may win big more often than Rosen.   

I'd give my left nut to get either.    After that I see a dropoff but I think all of the top 5 could be franchise QB's.

I definitely have some reservations with Darnold (aside from the fact that I keep seeing him as being Cubert Farnsworth all grown up).

From an entertainment standpoint, Darnold is about as fun a prospect as I've ever watched. He's got some of that devil-may-care attitude that Andrew Luck has. I think he'll certainly win people over very quickly both in terms of the locker room and the fan base because he's just that requisite amount of bonkers for people to think that he's really just one of us.

If he can get the ball security stuff sorted and he can stop with the back-foot throws into coverage, I think he'll be just fine. I don't think we're going to solve the Mr. Whippy arm action telegraphing some throws and that's something I'll learn to live with.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He might be a dick but he's 100% right in his feelings on Rosen. He's tired of babysitting the premadonna.  Rosen will have a very short lived NFL career marked by injuries and conflicts with authority figures called coaches.

Oh, I didn't realize how much time you spent on the UCLA campus the last few years and what great insight you had to his personal life.  Please tell us more about what you know.  It has to be so much more than the hack reporters who are stereotyping Rosen becasue he didn't grow up in poverty.  Or are you just parroting what these people who have no real insight are saying?

It is possible that Mora is trying to help get Rosen to the Broncos. Totally my speculation, but their OC Bill Musgrave and Mora are pretty close and worked together a number of times. When the Broncos fire Joseph so Kubiak can take his job back, Rosen and Musgrave will still be in place.  

14 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It is possible that Mora is trying to help get Rosen to the Broncos. Totally my speculation, but their OC Bill Musgrave and Mora are pretty close and worked together a number of times. When the Broncos fire Joseph so Kubiak can take his job back, Rosen and Musgrave will still be in place.  

think you're giving mora too much credit.  pretty sure he's just a dick.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

Kyle Lorenzo were born in 83.  think the cut ranges from 80-82.

I know Brady isn't a millenial but I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/03/01/defining-generations-where-millennials-end-and-post-millennials-begin/

"Anyone born between 1981 and 1996 (ages 22-37 in 2018) will be considered a Millennial...."

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He might be a dick but he's 100% right in his feelings on Rosen. He's tired of babysitting the premadonna.  Rosen will have a very short lived NFL career marked by injuries and conflicts with authority figures called coaches.

Am I missing something? I'd stay away from Rosen. Could see him as a very expensive mistake if we trade up for him. He's going to be a bad team guy and of the guys commonly mentioned my last choice. Will be interesting where he's picked. I could see him the second qb taken but could also see him dropping down to the fifth or sixth.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

If people didn't care what Mora thinks, they wouldn't be making such a big deal about what he said in the first place. I just think the particular part that people are freaking out about is misguided.

Because any negative from Mora is going to be used in the continual character assassination of Josh Rosen. 

Instead Mora is just an asshat that has a long reputation of throwing his former players under the bus 

Mora modified his comments and basically hinted that Rosen is too smart (or more intellectually complicated than Darold) for Cleveland.

He says he needs to be "intellectually challenged" to remain engaged.  Working with Hue Jackson rules out Cleveland for Rosen.  Spicoli Darold may be OK...

Any coach throwing his unpaid player under the bus like that is incredibly selfish. Even boeheim bothers me when he tries to spin a narrative to keep his players in college.

Let these underpaid athletes get their worth. And be grateful their talent gets YOU paid. College coaches: Do whatever you can to set them up in life I don't care what beef you have, you're dealing with kids and you're a grown man.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Radar said:

Am I missing something? I'd stay away from Rosen. Could see him as a very expensive mistake if we trade up for him. He's going to be a bad team guy and of the guys commonly mentioned my last choice. Will be interesting where he's picked. I could see him the second qb taken but could also see him dropping down to the fifth or sixth.

It won't be his character or personality that takes him down. It will be injuries.  Including skinny legs Lamar, I consider Rosen to be the least durable QB in this draft.

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It won't be his character or personality that takes him down. It will be injuries.  Including skinny legs Lamar, I consider Rosen to be the least durable QB in this draft.

Please tell me about Josh Allen's injury history because for some reason his doesn't exist...

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He did exactly what the coach hated. Asked Why

Okay now it's funny. I read the article earlier today on another website about the coach saying something about millennials needing to ask why or ask questions or something like that, but that part just didn't stand out when I was trying to make sense out of the tweet. But yeah that's pretty funny.

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

A rich spoiled liberal kid from California With a body made of glass ,  Giants or the Jets would be a great place for his 

• Sad 1