Josh Rosen snaps back on Mora comments

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Blah blah wah wah. No no players cant speak. 

Not my opinion. I was talking about NFL head coaches and what they might think of his twitter response to his college coach. I'm sure they think it's a great indication of his personality. I'll go out on a limb and say anNFL HC probably won't see it in as favorable a light as you. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Not my opinion. I was talking about NFL head coaches and what they might think if his twitter response to his college coach. I'm sure they think it's a great indication of his personality. 

Yeah like defending himself against a college coach that has a history of throwing his former players under the Bus??

why have NO NFL Types called Mora for his opinion. Ooo yeah they know he is full of it

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yeah like defending himself against a college coach that has a history of throwing his former players under the Bus??

why have NO NFL Types called Mora for his opinion. Ooo yeah they know he is full of it

He said it's early yet and they probably will. Sounds plausible. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He said it's early yet and they probably will. Sounds plausible. 

Really its early yet???  Hmmmm the draft is 3 weeks away. 3  

ummm boards are just about set and not ONE NFL type called the Fired Mora for his take. Yet have talked with other players and Former OC. Interesting. Ooo no its not they know what Mora is. 

Cause yeah it makes sense. Oooo our board is set. OOOO CRAP we forgot to call Mora.

he showed his colors with Myles Jack 

Edited by MAJBobby

Man, I can’t believe how many people have problems with literally everything these days. 

You really want the qb of your football team to be a quite little dink that doesn’t stand up for himself or god forbid show a little angst ala Mayfield? 

It’s total grossville what’s happening to the world. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Teams don't have their final boards set. Players still making private visits for a couple weeks

and we really do not know who does and doesn't talk to Mora. seems a ploy. Another reason i enjoy the buildup to the draft. Good fun

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif

That not the real Jan you know ?

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Man, I can’t believe how many people have problems with literally everything these days. 

You really want the qb of your football team to be a quite little dink that doesn’t stand up for himself or god forbid show a little angst ala Mayfield? 

if you mean quiet little dink?

Heck no.

or did you mean quiet little drink ?

heck no to that as well  !

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

and we really do not know who does and doesn't talk to Mora. seems a ploy. Another reason i enjoy the buildup to the draft. Good fun

That not the real Jan you know ?

Yes we do. Mora Himself said he has not spoken to anyone in the NFL about Rosen. 

Kinda interesting with all this “smoke” of a coachability issue and the HC is not talked too. Hmmm makes you wonder doesnt it. But his former OC is. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

In general, this isn't anything new. You're just more exposed to it.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes we do. Mora Himself said he has not spoken to anyone in the NFL about Rosen. 

Kinda interesting with all this “smoke” of a coachability issue and the HC is not talked too. Hmmm makes you wonder doesnt it. But his former OC is. 

but only He has said that. The rest is our assumption : )

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

but only He has said that. The rest is our assumption : )

Why would any NFL coach, gm or scout want to talk to a POS that has a history of tossing his former players under the bus with backhanded insults?

I think it is critically important that a quarterback that can't get the job done, has a great personality.

For a great quarterback, not so much.

Also Rosen has said he won't be a phony to get a job. Wants teams to know who they are getting. So that would be why we have #why.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Why would any NFL coach, gm or scout want to talk to a POS that has a history of tossing his former players under the bus with backhanded insults?

because they are Coaches scouts or GMs.

everything with a grain of salt.

Everyone has a motive and everyone is guilty.

Even the dumbest guy in the room will say something enough to help form  what is closest to the truth of the matter.

Mora might be a weenie, but he has an educated opinion. Wrong right or indifferent.

Due diligence means you feel out anyone who has info. At least at this level of importance. Drafting a QB early in the first.

Biggest risk an NFL Team can take

Edited by 3rdand12

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

because they are Coaches scouts or GMs.

everything with a grain of salt.

Everyone has a motive and everyone is guilty.

Even the dumbest guy in the room will say something enough to help form  what is closest to the truth of the matter.

Mora might be a weenie, but he has an educated opinion. Wrong right or indifferent.

Due diligence means you feel out anyone who has info. At least at this level of importance. Drafting a QB early in the first.

Biggest risk an NFL Team can take

Guess we will see in a week or two weeks or when Mora confirms he has talked to teams. You know because its early in the process. Ooo wait thought that was January 

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Guess we will see in a week or two weeks or when Mora confirms he has talked to teams. You know because its early in the process. Ooo wait thought that was January 

:  )

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why he won’t fit in Cleveland...

Thats pretty damned funny ! Thanks

Remember that Mora is a Steve Mariucci guy. Mariucci built an entire career off of having Steve Young. Outside of that he sucked and he absolutely destroyed both Joey Harrington and Giovanni Carmazzi. He also cut Kurt Warner. From all accounts he is not as fun as he seems on TV and is a total shitbag to his quarterbacks. So maybe Mora is built from the same stuff. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They just asked mora that on NFLN. He said “Josh has a great sense of humor. I’m sure it is.”

Haha...then this is actually making me like Rosen even more...seeming to me like Mora doesn’t know how to handle him because Mora is a douche.

38 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

What I don't get is Rosen being criticized for being a millennial.  Aren't all of the QBs in this draft millennials?  Unless people are just throwing a term around and not really sure what the hell it means.

Yes they are all millennials and it’s lazy to throw them all into one category.

now excuse me while I finish my avocado toast 

• Like (+1) 1

For the Record 

Mora: Comments about Rosen meant as positive

"Do I think he's the best quarterback in the draft? No, I think he's the best player in the draft. How about that?," Mora said on NFL Network. "Does that mean I think he's a fit for every team? No. I think being schooled by (Giants coach) Pat Shurmur, great fit for a guy as smart as Josh Rosen. To be in a room with (Jets QB coach) Jeremy Bates, great fit for a guy like Josh Rosen. I think he'll excel."

Like I said earlier ... Context 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I think in the end, Rosen is going to have a great career and could be a future HOFamer.  I mean, he even looks like Rodgers.

7 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I think in the end, Rosen is going to have a great career and could be a future HOFamer.  I mean, he even looks like Rodgers.

Accurate QBs are always in demand.  We haven't had one like that in a long time.

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Publicly fighting with his former coach doesn't speak well to Rosen's character, which was already questionable.

Maybe it doesn't speak well of his personality. You can't say for sure but it might mean something.

But do you want another stand up classy guy that the coaches all get along great with, who can't throw?

I can't take it any more I want a QB who can do the job just like it is supposed to be done without a lot of excuses. I don't care if he is a little bit of a pain to be around. 

18 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Something bugs me about Rosen... I just don't like him.

Give me the Karate Kid, who might come onto the field on a throne carried by his personal entourage, but bleeds football.  

Tim Tebow bled football.

Give me the more mature guy with talent and intelligence.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

For the Record 

Mora: Comments about Rosen meant as positive

"Do I think he's the best quarterback in the draft? No, I think he's the best player in the draft. How about that?," Mora said on NFL Network. "Does that mean I think he's a fit for every team? No. I think being schooled by (Giants coach) Pat Shurmur, great fit for a guy as smart as Josh Rosen. To be in a room with (Jets QB coach) Jeremy Bates, great fit for a guy like Josh Rosen. I think he'll excel."

Like I said earlier ... Context 

Context schmontext...

Let's not let a thing like context get in the way of our bias.

Concerning Rosen, why is a portion of America so threatened and put off by intelligence these days?  

• Haha (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
15 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Publicly fighting with his former coach doesn't speak well to Rosen's character, which was already questionable.

I wouldn't call tweeting why, one time, after his coach has put him in a negative light multiple times, when what the coach is doing can cost him millions of dollars and effect his life for the next 10-20 years, publicly fighting.  In fact I think he has shown pretty nice restraint while Mora looks more like a clown than he ever has.  Mora has a pretty long history in college and pro football and has a bit of a reputation.  He is the one who is looking bad here.

11 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Tim Tebow bled football.

Context schmontext...

Concerning Rosen, why is a portion of America so threatened and put off by intelligence these days?  

Because they are frauds who can't answer questions about their business maybe.

18 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I wouldn't call tweeting why, one time, after his coach has put him in a negative light multiple times, when what the coach is doing can cost him millions of dollars and effect his life for the next 10-20 years, publicly fighting.  In fact I think he has shown pretty nice restraint while Mora looks more like a clown than he ever has.  Mora has a pretty long history in college and pro football and has a bit of a reputation.  He is the one who is looking bad here.

You can never go wrong in the long run taking the high ground.

26 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Tim Tebow bled football.

Context schmontext...

He's clearly outspoken. What gives you the impression that he is highly intelligent? His Wonderlic test indicates he has slightly above average intelligence for a NFL QB, assuming intelligence can be accurately assessed by a 50 question test.

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

Lorenzo and Kyle are 2 of them :D

Actually even they are, guys like Tom Brady and Brees are some of the lone guys, millenials are 22 to 37 right now, so we probably even have some gen z players if you follow that.