Brooks & Jeremiah Make Picks for the Bills in the 1st and 2nd Rounds

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Brooks & Jeremiah Make Picks for the Bills in the 1st and 2nd Rounds
3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I still don’t see CB as an option. I think that it is much more likely to be a front 7 player, OL or WR. If they don’t trade up I believe that the top 100 picks will consist of a QB, a WR, an OL, and 2 guys in the front 7. 

I think CB is very much a possibility. This is the Bills and regime after regime takes 1st round CB's often, as McCoach did last year.

White is solid on one side but a 30 year old Davis coming off surgery is all they really have, that UCF CB could look mighty good to them.

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I think CB is very much a possibility. This is the Bills and regime after regime takes 1st round CB's often, as McCoach did last year.

White is solid on one side but a 30 year old Davis coming off surgery is all they really have, that UCF CB could look mighty good to them.

Let me rephrase it, I don’t see CB early. I could see them getting a guy like Avonte Maddox (they met with him) in the 4th or 5th. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I still don’t see CB as an option. I think that it is much more likely to be a front 7 player, OL or WR. If they don’t trade up I believe that the top 100 picks will consist of a QB, a WR, an OL, and 2 guys in the front 7. 

If the Bills don't trade up they should use their second first on a qb like Rudolph or Jackson. If the Bills really believe that Rudolph can be a franchise qb then why wait and lose out?  This scenario is not a bad scenario for us. We keep our picks and fill needs. 

I have heard Bucky talk about the draft a number of times. His philosophy is don't reach for a qb and build up your roster. In general that isn't a bad approach to take. But the Bills are in a position to get a qb with their assets. So if it could reasonably be accomplished then they need to seize the opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Given the price to trade up, I'm thinking more and more that it's not happening.

So what QB (if any) will we take if not one of the top 2 or 3?   

Nabbing Rudolf at 22 or 53 doesn't seem crazy.

I agree and if not Rudolph then maybe the Qb White. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Given the price to trade up, I'm thinking more and more that it's not happening.

With all the teams that have qb needs and adding teams that have fading veterans to the want list I don't see Rudolph lasting to our pick in the second round. As I stated before if the staff believes that Rudolph can develop into a franchise qb then use your second first round pick for him. Let's be clear I wouldn't use our first first round pick on him because the value isn't there but I would with no hesitation use our second first pick on him. 

Without question I would love to get one of the top four qbs. But if that can't be accomplished keeping your picks and working from there isn't a bad situation to be in. 

I'm not big on Rudolph at all, but getting Smith @ 12 would be huge for this defense. I also like Hughes because not only is he a good CB, he is an outstanding return man. He could make a difference in the punt return game. I don't know as much about Gesicki and would prefer Andrews if he is still on the board, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if this was our 1st two rounds. I still think we would be without our Franchise QB in this scenario. 

• Like (+1) 1

With all the recent negative news on Lamar Jackson I think he will be there at 22. I'm not sure the Bills could afford to pass on him at that spot. He may bust. But he also may be Michael Vick. Edmunds at 12 and Lamar at 22 wouldn't make me mad. 

54 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

12) Roquan Smith

22) Mike Hughes

53) Mason Rudolph

56) Mike Gesicki

Think we would take Rudolph at 22 as he won't last to 53, then select a WR at 53 and get a CB and OT in round 3, DT in round 4, and LB and RB in rounds 5 & 6

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

Think we would take Rudolph at 22 as he won't last to 53, then select a WR at 53 and get a CB and OT in round 3, DT in round 4, and LB and RB in rounds 5 & 6

I'm hoping Beane is able to trade up.  I'm not a Rudolph fan. 

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

With all the teams that have qb needs and adding teams that have fading veterans to the want list I don't see Rudolph lasting to our pick in the second round. As I stated before if the staff believes that Rudolph can develop into a franchise qb then use your second first round pick for him. Let's be clear I wouldn't use our first first round pick on him because the value isn't there but I would with no hesitation use our second first pick on him. 

Without question I would love to get one of the top four qbs. But if that can't be accomplished keeping your picks and working from there isn't a bad situation to be in. 

i agree. i don't think there's any way rudolph gets past the likes of pitt., ne, the jags etc. he won't be there in the 2nd.

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

I would be happy with this draft. Not as happy as getting one of the top QBs though.

Starting LB, starting CB, and. Starting TE. There is no doubt that would make us a better team next year.

i think te is a wasted pick....early.   we have 2 very good ones now and the only reason oleary isn't talked about as an upper tier te is that we haven't had a good qb. he's gonna be a key part of this offense this year.

7 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

agree but in the 2nd maybe dt payne is there and we can get washington to come with rudolph. rd 3 is where i go cb and oline. rb in the 4th and lb depth from there.

Smith is likely to be gone by 10. Recent chatter shows they're looking at other linebackers. 

Not seen enough of Hughes to have much interest myself but could definitely see them taking a corner perhaps in a later round.  I do like Denzel Ward.

TE, yes.

Strongest position to draft is d line and we need depth and a replacement for KW.

WR is a huge need.

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost

50 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If the Bills don't trade up they should use their second first on a qb like Rudolph or Jackson. If the Bills really believe that Rudolph can be a franchise qb then why wait and lose out?  This scenario is not a bad scenario for us. We keep our picks and fill needs. 

I have heard Bucky talk about the draft a number of times. His philosophy is don't reach for a qb and build up your roster. In general that isn't a bad approach to take. But the Bills are in a position to get a qb with their assets. So if it could reasonably be accomplished then they need to seize the opportunity. 

I agree with Bucky, but we do need a QB.  Beane will get one, but it comes down to the number of assets he's willing to part with.  He could trade down from 22 and grab Rudolph or trade back into the first.  Would be less expensive than trading into top 5 if they even can get a willing partner.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I agree re pick 2. I think more likely that on draft day, Beane trades into the 7 slot with Tampa (12 and 22 for 7 and 38) to select Mayfield or Allen ahead of Miami.

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The Billsy thinking is strong with you.

If you need a QB and feel one has franchise potential and would warrant the use of an early round pick........then there should be no question he is worth your first pick..........regardless of how early.

A good QB will have 20X the franchise impact of a player at any other position.

I don't believe in Rudolph but if the team does they'd be dumb to risk him not being there FOR ANY REASON at #22 by passing him over at #12 for a frickin' MLB.:lol:

It's the kind of "draft board" logic that leads to the stories about how the Bills loved Russ Wilson and Dak Prescott but.......ya' know.......just had other players ranked slightly ahead of them when it was their time to pick.:doh:

25 days and we can begin to put all of this to rest.  Smith and Hughes, I like a lot.  Rudolph, I am middle of the road on.  I just have questions on whether he can translate and his arm strength.

Prefer Rosen or Mayfield at QB.  We'll see what Beane and company wants to give up and who is selling soon.

Edited by NewEraBills

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Billsy thinking is strong with you.

If you need a QB and feel one has franchise potential and would warrant the use of an early round pick........then there should be no question he is worth your first pick..........regardless of how early.

A good QB will have 20X the franchise impact of a player at any other position.

I don't believe in Rudolph but if the team does they'd be dumb to risk him not being there FOR ANY REASON at #22 by passing him over at #12 for a frickin' MLB.:lol:

It's the kind of "draft board" logic that leads to the stories about how the Bills loved Russ Wilson and Dak Prescott but.......ya' know.......just had other players ranked slightly ahead of them when it was their time to pick.:doh:

I hope you don't take this personally but you are a freaking ignoramus. You are criticizing me for taking a position that you are ardently supporting. Where is the logic in your response? I, as much as anyone, has been advocating for doing what you have to to get a qb. That doesn't mean that what you want to do can be done. So if you can't accomplish what you want to then you seek other options. Your response to what was originally posted makes absolutely no sense. To your credit at least you are consistent. 

I'm just curious? What are the annual fees to the "Idiot Club" you belong to. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RPbillsfan said:

Your comment is stupid.  Why even bother you jackass

You mad?

that's a craptastic draft, and anyone rooting for a draft like that should be tarred, feathered and forced to root for the Jets.

That better?

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

You mad?

that's a craptastic draft, and anyone rooting for a draft like that should be tarred, feathered and forced to root for the Jets.

That better?

Not really, tell me exactly what you would do in this draft.  I doubt if you can based on your inability to put words together to form a sentence.

So, give us the wisdom of your knowledge, can't wait to read your I'm sure to be a sorry and pathetic response.

Just now, RPbillsfan said:

Not really, tell me exactly what you would do in this draft.  I doubt if you can based on your inability to put words together to form a sentence.

So, give us the wisdom of your knowledge, can't wait to read your I'm sure to be a sorry and pathetic response.

First off, you simpleton... I'm not obliged to entertain your lack of wit, but I'll do it anyway.

I'd not draft Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph. I'd pay whatever price is necessary to get the Giants pick, and barring that, attempt to pry 4 from Cleveland. If I can't do that, I'm on the phone with the Colts. ANYTHING to avoid a mediocre QB in the name of taking a !@#$ING LINEBACKER.

Now go sit in the corner, pal.

46 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Smith is likely to be gone by 10. Recent chatter shows they're looking at other linebackers. 

Not seen enough of Hughes to have much interest myself but could definitely see them taking a corner perhaps in a later round.  I do like Denzel Ward.

TE, yes.

Strongest position to draft is d line and we need depth and a replacement for KW.

WR is a huge need.

He should go top 10, but he could easily slide if there's a QB run, as expected. An elite pass coverage lb could turn the defense into one of the most difficult units to pass against, immediately, which would come in handy. 

Edited by MURPHD6

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

First off, you simpleton... I'm not obliged to entertain your lack of wit, but I'll do it anyway.

I'd not draft Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph. I'd pay whatever price is necessary to get the Giants pick, and barring that, attempt to pry 4 from Cleveland. If I can't do that, I'm on the phone with the Colts. ANYTHING to avoid a mediocre QB in the name of taking a !@#$ING LINEBACKER.

Now go sit in the corner, pal.

So, your solution is to trade away all of our draft capital for a franchise QB who is destined to fail with the lack of offensive talent surrounding him.

I'd rather draft a serviceable QB at 22, build the team at key positions that we are weak and let the team get better.

Which QB do you want and why?

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

So, your solution is to trade away all of our draft capital for a franchise QB who is destined to fail with the lack of offensive talent surrounding him.

I'd rather draft a serviceable QB at 22, build the team at key positions that we are weak and let the team get better.

Which QB do you want and why?

My preference is Josh Rosen.

As to why? Cerebral, pocket passer, accurate, and the BEST QB in this draft. I want no part of serviceable. That's mediocrity. That's what we've had for the better part of 20 years.

1 hour ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

TE, yes.

WR is a huge need.

They have to look at other LBs.  They are looking to trade up for a qb.  If they trade up, they (likely) won’t land Roquan and must do their due diligence on lower ranked LBs.  Not doing so would be idiotic.  If the price to trade up is unreasonable, drafting Roquan (if he’s there) is a no brainer to me.