Poll: Which QB Prospect is More Blue Collar?

Most "Blue Collar Buffalo" QB  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Most "Blue Collar Buffalo" QB

In light of former UCLA head coach Jim Mora's comments stating that Darnold fits the blue collar feel/attitude of Cleveland, and the fact that this could indicate that Rosen wouldn't be a fit here, which of these 4 remaining QB prospects do you feel would be the best "blue collar fit" for Buffalo and why?

Not trying to be a jerk but I kinda of hate the term blue collar.  It almost seems like an insult.

Fact, most qbs are the least blue collar players in sports.  Fitz would try to run over LBs and throw monster blocks.  Brady would run the opposite way when he threw an int.

I’d rather have sissy, “white collar” Brady over gritty, “blue collar”.  But that’s just me. :)

Just now, smuvtalker said:

I'd go Mike White, because his work ethic, style of play, and "show up to work and perform" mentality say blue collar to me.

And the fact he’s not that talented. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I dont think any of them are blue collar because they are millionaires

Don’t agree with this at all.  Unlike some idiots who get small loans of a million dollars to start off, there are plenty of self made millionaires who did it through hard work.

i just people use the term blue collar as a put down. Very outdated.

6 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

I think Baker is, he was a walk on. He wasn’t handed anything, had to earn his spot. 

Baker is the man and I really respect his path... but let's not act like he had to walk on to be a Division 1 football player...

he had scholarship offers to Florida Atlantic , New Mexico , Rice, and a late offer to Washington state.. he was a top 50 QB recruit 

he chose to walk on at Tech

Edited by Buffalo716

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not trying to be a jerk but I kinda of hate the term blue collar.  It almost seems like an insult.

Fact, most qbs are the least blue collar players in sports.  Fitz would try to run over LBs and throw monster blocks.  Brady would run the opposite way when he threw an int.

I’d rather have sissy, “white collar” Brady over gritty, “blue collar”.  But that’s just me. :)

And the fact he’s not that talented. 

You're not being a jerk, it's such a stupid term to use for athletes.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Don’t agree with this at all.  Unlike some idiots who get small loans of a million dollars to start off, there are plenty of self made millionaires who did it through hard work.

i just people use the term blue collar as a put down. Very outdated.

Didn't mean to disparage anyone. It was a joke, perhaps in poor taste, that now that they are millionaires they will all be pampered divas.

There are certainly many successful people who would consider themselves blue collar. I know a lot of successful real estate developers that are right in the thick of it that work their butts off but meanwhile they own half of Buffalo.

18 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

I think Baker is, he was a walk on. He wasn’t handed anything, had to earn his spot. 

the top recruited players earned it too, by performing so well. To think elite player don't work for their opportunities is wrong.

Just now, klos63 said:

the top recruited players earned it too, by performing so well. To think elite player don't work for their opportunities is wrong.

Yup.  I think people forget what a grind football is.  I played for 10 years and nothing was worse than the grind to get to a football game. 

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Some definitely feel entitled to opportunities. They coast rather than work at their craft. Johnny football is the clearest example. 

5 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Some definitely feel entitled to opportunities. They coast rather than work at their craft. Johnny football is the clearest example. 

and I'm sure some blue collar players eat wings all offseason and show up to camp 40 lbs overweight.

53 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

In light of former UCLA head coach Jim Mora's comments stating that Darnold fits the blue collar feel/attitude of Cleveland, and the fact that this could indicate that Rosen wouldn't be a fit here, which of these 4 remaining QB prospects do you feel would be the best "blue collar fit" for Buffalo and why?

Baker Mayfield. Two time walk on to Heisman winner. 

55 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Are we talking in code detective?

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

what exactly does it mean to be "blue collar"

And for what it's worth, Buffalo becomes less blue collar with each passing year.    Why would we want a blue collar QB...

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, klos63 said:

how does that make him ' blue collar' ?  Are blue collar people generally at the top of their profession?

Because he worked his ass off to get where he is and it wasn't just handed to him. :thumbsup: