The Bright Side Concerning Peterman

At least Peterman played poorly enough for 99.9% of us to agree he's not the future. If he would have played almost mediocre, we would have a much larger debate. I don't think he's hopeless, anything can happen, but I'm sure glad he didn't leave us wondering about going for our guy right away.

If you are in the 0.1% that wholeheartedly disagree and believe Peterman is our future, that's wonderful. I'm very proud of you.

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

At least Peterman played poorly enough for 99.9% of us to agree he's not the future. If he would have played almost mediocre, we would have a much larger debate. I don't think he's hopeless, anything can happen, but I'm sure glad he didn't leave us wondering about going for our guy right away.

If you are in the 0.1% that wholeheartedly disagree and believe Peterman is our future, that's wonderful. I'm very proud of you.

Whatever you say.  Anyone who feels the guy got thrown to the wolves with no preparation and experience could care less about your validation.

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I don't know how I ever lived without this post.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Peterman was drafted in a later round as an afterthought. Then he was tossed into a game too early to be the savior of a season. 

I agree with you that if he at least played mediocre there could be some debate. I disagree it was an ideal situation for him to start. Piss poor performing offence and all. 

If it makes you feel better to bring up his very awful debut and toss him in the dumpster so be it. If it helps you get through the day.

I don't have any expectations but I haven't written him off and I don't think he was given a very fair chance. That's how I feel.

I like Peterman better then Tyrod. At least Peterman went out swinging. Tyrod just held the ball until Jacksonville KOed him at the end of the game. Tyrod ran away while Peterman ran tword the goal.

Reality check. The offense scored 3 points in a playoff game. They scored 3 points against the Panthers. They racked up 56 yarder vs the Saints. Dennisons fired and Tyrod's traded. We have a new offensive system and a new OC and a brand new back up QB to pretend to be a starter.

We got bigger problems then Peterman right now.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Peterman was drafted in a later round as an afterthought. Then he was tossed into a game too early to be the savior of a season. 

I agree with you that if he at least played mediocre there could be some debate. I disagree it was an ideal situation for him to start. Piss poor performing offence and all. 

If it makes you feel better to bring up his very awful debut and toss him in the dumpster so be it. If it helps you get through the day.

I don't have any expectations but I haven't written him off and I don't think he was given a very fair chance. That's how I feel.

I like Peterman better then Tyrod. At least Peterman went out swinging. Tyrod just held the ball until Jacksonville KOed him at the end of the game. Tyrod ran away while Peterman ran tword the goal.

So throwing ANOTHER weak arm interception towards one of the top CBs in the NFL on a potential game winning drive in the playoffs is "running tword the goal". I guess we all should be NFL QBs because absolutely anybody could have thrown that hot garbage

Trent Edwards 2.0. The out pattern where Ramsey intercepted him. Noodle arm. At least he seems to take more chances and pull the trigger than Tyrod, whether that's a good thing or bad.......At this point he is just another crappy backup until he can prove otherwise on the field in preseason. 

7 minutes ago, Madd Charlie said:

So throwing ANOTHER weak arm interception towards one of the top CBs in the NFL on a potential game winning drive in the playoffs is "running tword the goal". I guess we all should be NFL QBs because absolutely anybody could have thrown that hot garbage

It was more entertaining then watching Tyrod dance around the back field the entire 4rth quarter in a 3 point game only game managing a bunch of 3 and outs. 

Peterman was only in the Playoffs game because Tyrod turned him self into a huge target with the ball super glued to his hands all game. He got knocked out. Oh and I think that last sack he took was for a loss. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

Leave Peterman alone.  The kid was a rookie mid-to-late round draft pick and the team put him in one week's notice, on the road, after a disastrous two week performance from the 'starters'. Then his fullback sets up a volleyball for the Chargers to intercept, and a few minutes later he loses his Number One receiver to a knee injury.  Buffalo always like a good underdog story. Common Nathan....prove all of the haters wrong! 

• Like (+1) 5

He doesn't have a great arm.  In the game where he got the 5 interceptions, he clearly had not grasped the fact that NFL DBs can cover more closely and anticipate better than their college counterparts.  He's never going to have a great arm, but he may get somewhat stronger.   There's no reason that he can't learn to respect what DBs can do and adjust his play accordingly.  I applaud the continued search for a QB.  There is really no choice about that.  I have not ruled out that Peterman could start in the NFL and be successful.  Beane cannot and should not count on that being the case, however.

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Leave Peterman alone.  The kid was a rookie mid-to-late round draft pick and the team put him in one week's notice, on the road, after a disastrous two week performance from the 'starters'. Then his fullback sets up a volleyball for the Chargers to intercept, and a few minutes later he loses his Number One receiver to a knee injury.  Buffalo always like a good underdog story. Common Nathan....prove all of the haters wrong! 

Right on brother, finally a man with enough common sense to factual assess what happened.  In this time of fake news and alternate facts remember a banana is still a banana.   

Remember when one could start a thread here without being flamed for have started such thread or being called an idiot for stating an opinion?  Neither do I......

Edited by BobDVA
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Count me squarely in that 0.1%.  To make the assumption that he's not the future after a bad, heck I'll even give you horrid performance against a great defense, on the road, and as SoCal Deek pointed out, DiMarco giftwrapped the 1st int, and then we lost our #1 WR.  Think it's irrelevant?  The only quarterback that can lose both his starting WRs in the 1st quarter and STILL win the game is Matt Ryan.  Oh wait...

I am firmly in the camp of drafting Mayfield or Rosen, and even warming to Allen.  And I also loved the McCarron signing.   But I still hold out hope Peterman can develop into a serviceable, and heck even good QB.  He did come back to play some solid football in a BLIZZARD, even tossing a pretty TD to Benjamin.  I'll admit my opinion may be biased because he is a fellow Panther, but to say with 99.9% certainty he's not the future, to me is a bit premature.  I certainly respect your opinion, but wholeheartedly disagree.  

I think we can both agree as Bills fans whoever is under center for us this year will have our full support yes?  

Go Bills (and draft PLEASE @#%#@ hurry and get here)

Edited by smuvtalker

49 minutes ago, Madd Charlie said:

Right!  Peterman threw it right into the hands of the CB like he was a teammate!  Maybe he's on the take??  

Why don't you Peterman haters just go and kick the dog,.  (You are probably afraid of your wife ) when you want to vent on somebody. It is getting pretty old and your synopsis of the Charger game is NOT what happened. Peterman was responsible for two interceptions. The fullback was responsible for one and the  "" lookout " blocks for the other two. Ask Joey Bosa about the blocking .He said, "They didn't block me",  " They  didn't block me ." It should not take a genius to figure out why , " They didn't block me." happened.

• Like (+1) 2

For a team as hard up for QB as us, to keep a guy who had the worst half since the NFL/AFL merger and then throws a pick on his first pass in the playoffs, is beyond me.  Roster space and practice time are at a premium. Don't waste it.  I'd rather draft another 5th rounder or sign a promising UFA.

I would rather go down to Piggly Wiggly and get the most buff bag boy they got and see if he's the next Kurt Warner.  Odds are probably better than sticking with  Nasty Nate IMHO.

Put him on the PS if you must.

Edited by reddogblitz

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

For a team as hard up for QB as us, to keep a guy who had the worst half since the NFL/AFL merger and then throws a pick on is first pass in the playoffs, is beyond me.  Roster space and practice time are at a premium. Don't waste it.  I'd rather draft another 5th rounder or sign a promising UFA.

I would rather go down to Piggly Wiggly and get the most buff bag boy they got and see if he's the next Kurt Warner.  Odds are probably better than sticking with  Nasty Nate IMHO.

Wow.  Do you really feel that strongly that Peterman is a guaranteed bust already?  Last year was his ROOKIE year for God's sake!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, smuvtalker said:

Wow.  Do you really feel that strongly that Peterman is a guaranteed bust already?  Last year was his ROOKIE year for God's sake!!

Yes. I know it was his rookie year.  No rookie has ever overcome a worse start because there's never been a worse start.

I'm tired of wasting time with bad backup QBs taking up valuable roster space. He is to McDermott what Tuel Time was to Marrone. Only Tuel Time was better.

Again, I have a new bottle of Tabasco in my pantry should I need to eat crow. Seriously doubt I'll need it,but if I Do, its ready. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I don't think he will survive the final cut if he doesn't blow up over the summer..since the Bills are going to bring in a QB via the draft and another undrafted arm....he will be playing for his NFL life at SJF  this summer.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Nathan Peterman is going to improve to the point where he can be a reliable backup QB for us.......I have that hope for him.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Peterman will be a very capable backup. A guy who can come in for a game or 2. A lot will depend on AJ and whoever we draft. I'm not using the Charger game as any barometer. 

1 hour ago, HT02 said:

I don't think one bad start means his career is completely over either.  I would consider him in the mix

What possible about Nate Pick6 Peterman makes you think he will turn it around? He is not a good NFL player. He isnt even capable or playing a half of a game somewhat effectivly.

Don't give me "he played well in the snow." BS. Guys could barely stand. Throw that game out from any talent evaluation.

5-10 for 57 yards. He sucked that day too. If the conditions werent horrendous, Tyrod plays that game 

13 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

And he set a record for the worst performance in the history of QBing.

Hes awful. If he makes the roster, I'll be amazed

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What possible about Nate Pick6 Peterman makes you think he will turn it around? He is not a good NFL player. He isnt even capable or playing a half of a game somewhat effectivly.

Don't give me "he played well in the snow." BS. Guys could barely stand. Throw that game out from any talent evaluation.

5-10 for 57 yards. He sucked that day too. If the conditions werent horrendous, Tyrod plays that game 

Because last year he was a rookie?  Do you expect stir and ready pro backup players?