Will the Jets take Allen or Rosen??

Not what you want but which QB do you think the Jets will take??

I say Allen. I think they love the big arm, and I think NFL gms are too awestruck by his huge arm. Any coach, GM, staff already knows they can "fix" his inefficiencies. 

Word is if Rosen is there then it’s 1000% Rosen because he fits our WCO scheme perfectly and we love the kid. Our front office absolutely needs a QB that can impact the Win column this year. Rosen just seems to be that guy for us. 

Allen is someone that we are comfortable with. We love his upside but personally I don’t think we have the organization that can develop the kid and help him reach his “potential”. Potential is a very iffy word in the world of football but if the choice comes down to Mayfield or Allen..I do believe Macc goes Allen.

I hope they take Allen.  While he was impressive at his pro day, I just don’t like what I hear when he talks.  He sounds like a teenager.  I can’t imagine him owning an NFL locker room.  That being said, he has the potential to be the best......IF he’s given the right tools to succeed.  I don’t believe the jets will do that for him, hence why I really hope he’s who the jets select, 

I don't want Allen (because I think he's terrible) but I don't want the Jets to get him either (because I'm not an expert and could be wrong).  Maybe they'll draft that John O'Korn guy.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Word is if Rosen is there then it’s 1000% Rosen because he fits our WCO scheme perfectly and we love the kid. Our front office absolutely needs a QB that can impact the Win column this year. Rosen just seems to be that guy for us. 

Allen is someone that we are comfortable with. We love his upside but personally I don’t think we have the organization that can develop the kid and help him reach his “potential”. Potential is a very iffy word in the world of football but if the choice comes down to Mayfield or Allen..I do believe Macc goes Allen.

That was the scheme under Dennison and now it's changing to Erhardt-Perkins scheme which is what the Patriots run and a big reason as to why Deball is the new OC. He worked for the Patriots for a lot of years as WR, TE assistant coach and was the Alabama OC last year. 

This was one of the reasons as to why they moved on from Tyrod and now want more of a pocket passer QB vs an RPO QB.

Just some food for thought here. UCLA QB Josh Rosen ran a version of a WCO offense and that is kinda why I don't believe all the hype around the Bills wanting him.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nihilarian said:

That was the scheme under Dennison and now it's changing to Erhardt-Perkins scheme which is what the Patriots run and a big reason as to why Deball is the new OC. He worked for the Patriots for a lot of years as WR, TE assistant coach and was the Alabama OC last year. 

This was one of the reasons as to why they moved on from Tyrod and now want more of a pocket passer QB vs an RPO QB.

Just some food for thought here. UCLA QB Josh Rosen ran a version of a WCO offense and that is kinda why I don't believe all the hype around the Bills wanting him.  

Makes sense. Could the Bills use a guy like Allen with prototypical size and style of play? I know you guys don’t love the thought of Allen but I believe you could develop him better than we ever can.

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

They are taking a running back 

I think the Jets main plan is to draft Sam Darnold and if he isn't there I think they go RB Saquon Barkley.

This makes so much more sense as they did sign Teddy Bridgewater who could be their long-term QB if he ever returns to 100% healthy. 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Makes sense. Could the Bills use a guy like Allen with prototypical size and style of play? I know you guys don’t love the thought of Allen but I believe you could develop him better than we ever can.

I love Josh Allen and think he would be a perfect fit in Buffalo. A big, strong blue-collar type who played in the snow and cold of Wyoming. His toughness reminds me of Jim Kelly. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I think the Jets main plan is to draft Sam Darnold and if he isn't there I think they go RB Saquon Barkley.

This makes so much more sense as they did sign Teddy Bridgewater who could be their long-term QB if he ever returns to 100% healthy. 

I love Josh Allen and think he would be a perfect fit in Buffalo. A big, strong blue-collar type who played in the snow and cold of Wyoming. His toughness reminds me of Jim Kelly. 

If a trade up to #2 doesn’t happen, #4 would be ideal if you guys wanted to take him. 

15 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Daboll atleast at Alabama ran alot of rpo plays though. And I wouldn't focus too much on what scheme players ran in college , the prominent offences in the NFL Coryell west coast earndheart Perkins etc all use the same plays they just have different ways of executing them 

They go Rosen or Mayfield. I don’t think teams value Allen as much as the hype leads people to believe. Lots of smoke and mirrors. I see Allen falling to late 1st. His tape doesn’t match the hype. He’s an impressive specimen with a cannon for an arm but the tape tells another story. 

6 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Rosen is a walking red flag. Good chance he falls out of top 6 picks. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go 10 range 

Rosen is the red flag of the bunch to you? Allen is the big arm with no accuracy. That is the most common red flag of nearly every overly hyped college QB to NFL bust ever.  

Rosen has deep ball accuracy issues and I believe some concussion history but aside from that I’d say Allen is the walking red flag. Obviously with Baker you have the Johnny Football type fears. 

Edited by SoCoBills

1 minute ago, SoCoBills said:

Rosen is the red flag of the bunch of you? Allen is the big arm with no accuracy. That is the most common red flag of nearly every overly hyped college QB to NFL bust ever.  

Rosen has deep ball accuracy issues and I believe some concussion history but aside from that I’d say Allen is the walking red flag. Obviously with Baker you have the Johnny Football type fears. 

Hmmm. I'll agree on Allens being a red flag, mostly his lack of resume. He hasn't done a lot at the college level . I don't think that Mayfield is going to suddenly turn into an alcoholic or have a mental breakdown so I don't see much comparable to a Manziel. His height is his biggest red flag as he does tend to play out of the pocket too much. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

If it goes Darnold and then Chubb, I see the Jets taking Mayfield.  Can't see Rosen because of the Trump stuff and Allen probably isn't as high on most teams' boards as the pundits would like you to think.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCoBills said:

Rosen is the red flag of the bunch to you? Allen is the big arm with no accuracy. That is the most common red flag of nearly every overly hyped college QB to NFL bust ever.  

The biggest concern for Rosen is the shoulder nerve issues. Then you had the concussions. Then you add the attitude and political BS (this is the league where Kap is unemployed).  Then you add his slight stature. Then you add his immobility within pocket which many say is a major reason for his injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Hmmm. I'll agree on Allens being a red flag, mostly his lack of resume. He hasn't done a lot at the college level . I don't think that Mayfield is going to suddenly turn into an alcoholic or have a mental breakdown so I don't see much comparable to a Manziel. His height is his biggest red flag as he does tend to play out of the pocket too much. 

I spent a ton of time watching Mayfield tape and his pocket presence is excellent and not only does he move well in the pocket but he’s always looking to throw. For a shorter guy he seems to have no issues throwing over the middle either. 

I agree he isnt Manziel but he has had some issues with taunting and  off the field he had an arrest for public intoxication and resisting arrest. When that happens people will draw comparisons. 

I think they pick Rosen because he has the great "NFL ready" arm, and he has the strong personality and smarts to thrive in the NYC market.

Allen is a project and they already tried that with Hackenberg, and they didn't trade up and give up three 2nd round picks for a 6" QB in Mayfield.

Bills fans who are all in on Rosen probably should start getting to know Allen, Mayfield or Jackson a little bit better. I do think that Rosen will have a Bradford type of career because the Jets won't be able to protect him and keep him on the field after giving away so much.

Edited by 1billsfan