Colts just got three picks for nothing

It is my belief the Colts Targeted either Bradley Chubb primarily and as a 2nd choice Quinten Nelson.

Trading down with Buffalo took them out of both players.  So the Jets come up, knowing the Browns are locked into Darnold at 1 and the Giants are going Barkley at 2, do a swap of ones and handing the rebuilding Colts three high 2nd round picks.

Colts still could get Nelson at 6 assuming Browns take Chubb at 4 and Broncos trade down with Arizona and the Cardinals take a QB.

If the Broncos stay at 5 and take Nelson, pick 6 is up for sale, Bills swoop in and trade 12 and higher 2nd to Colts and either get best LB in this draft or remaining QB of their choice.

Thoughts?

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

It is my belief the Colts Targeted either Bradley Chubb primarily and as a 2nd choice Quinten Nelson.

Trading down with Buffalo took them out of both players.  So the Jets come up, knowing the Browns are locked into Darnold at 1 and the Giants are going Barkley at 2, do a swap of ones and handing the rebuilding Colts three high 2nd round picks.

Colts still could get Nelson at 6 assuming Browns take Chubb at 4 and Broncos trade down with Arizona and the Cardinals take a QB.

If the Broncos stay at 5 and take Nelson, pick 6 is up for sale, Bills swoop in and trade 12 and higher 2nd to Colts and either get best LB in this draft or remaining QB of their choice.

Thoughts?

All I know is the colts got a great deal and I can't blame them one bit

• Like (+1) 3

So.. looking up and down the board... there wasn't a SINGLE topic you felt this would have been appropriate for and matched to? Did your parents deprive you of the match game as a child?? Or is this just such a scolding hot take you felt it was worth signing your name to so the world could see??

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

This concept is clearly too much for some of our Bills fellow brethren to comprehend.

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you Magox, I appreciate your response.  Colts and Bills swap now would allow Beene to trade up in front of Chicago and get the best LB on the board and give up only only the pick at 12 and 53.

I believe there will be a developmental QB available at 22 (Rudolph) or even Jackson as the only real QB possibility is Arizona at 15 and if they trade up with Denver you could even have Allen or Mayfield drop that far.

2 minutes ago, Estro said:

It's nice to tank.  The /colts tank yrs have paid off brilliantly considering their last one netted them Andrew Luck.

The Colts didn't tank in 2011. It resulted in the firing of their front office and HC that year because they failed to have anything behind Peyton Manning and years of bad drafting caught up with them. 

I posted this in the other thread.

Exactly.  Look at last years trade for Trubisky with the 49er's.

49er's at 2 they want Solomon Thomas.

Bears at 3 want to trade up to 2 to stop someone from jumping them.

Bears have to give up a 3rd, 4th and next years 3rd to move up 1 spot.

49er's know Bears are picking a QB.

They get their guy 1 pick lower (saving on some rookie contract $'s) and those picks.

That's a smart trade for a team at #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colt's trade was smart!

4 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

The Colts didn't tank in 2011. It resulted in the firing of their front office and HC that year because they failed to have anything behind Peyton Manning and years of bad drafting caught up with them. 

They absolutely tanked.

They were a playoff team the prior year, Manning got hurt, and took the season off, and they tanked to get luck, knowing Manning was at the end of his career after that injury, and decided that 1-2 years of Manning wasn't worth passing on luck for.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Thoughts?

Everybody knows the Broncos are taking Mayfield.

The Colts milked them like a cow! The Jets gave up way too much, they have more holes than we do and now they don't have any picks. The Jets are a stupid franchise, I get a sadistic sense of satisfactory watching them flounder like a fish. The owner, all the way down to the GM and coach are complete morons, they're turning into the new Cleveland Browns, it's awesome to watch. :D

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Thoughts?

If we trade up for a LB when there was this great group of QB's then nothing has changed with this organization.

Could the Jets be moving up for Barkley? They just signed 2 QBs with 2 on their roster already. Bridgewater could be more then a bridge or stop gap guy. Browns go QB, Giants go QB or trade with someone else who now will be scarred of the Jets also going QB and Barkley (or Chubb) falls to them cause everyone thinks they go QB

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Could the Jets be moving up for Barkley? They just signed 2 QBs with 2 on their roster already. Bridgewater could be more then a bridge or stop gap guy. Browns go QB, Giants go QB or trade with someone else who now will be scarred of the Jets also going QB and Barkley (or Chubb) falls to them cause everyone thinks they go QB

No.

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Bridgewater and McCown are both on 1 year deals.

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Absolutely no (with emphasis). They are drafting a QB.

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

So.. looking up and down the board... there wasn't a SINGLE topic you felt this would have been appropriate for and matched to? Did your parents deprive you of the match game as a child?? Or is this just such a scolding hot take you felt it was worth signing your name to so the world could see??

If you're going to SCOLD someone for a post, should use the right word.

SCALDING.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Are they not allowed to re-sign or extend them?

Maybe they don't want to resign.  Maybe McCown retires.  Maybe Bridgewater balls out and goes to the highest bidder.  Way too many variables with the qb position for the Jets to trade up and take Barkley.  Yes I know they can franchise Bridgewater.  That would only be putting a band aid on a gaping wound though when you can draft a guy at 3 that pry has the same chance at success as Bridgewater has.  Plus you're guaranteed at least 5 years if you want it with the 3rd pick.

Edited by Zebrastripes

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

Thoughts?

I hope they trade back with us now and then draft somebody that develops and that we can sign away in free agency in 4 years.:thumbsup:

IMO anytime you are drafting where you can draft a franchise QB...........and you pass on them...........for ANY reason.........it was a missed opportunity.

Bruce Smith was a far better player at his position than Philip Rivers is but I'd take Rivers over him 100 out of 100 times.     QB's impact franchises.

Nobody has been luckier than the Colts wrt drafting in spots where super-talented QB's are available...........but Bradley Chubb could turn into Michael Strahan II and not even be close to the value of a franchise QB.

4 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Maybe they don't want to resign.  Maybe McCown retires.  Maybe Bridgewater balls out and goes to the highest bidder.  Way too many variables with the qb position for the Jets to trade up and take Barkley.  

Yep.

The thing about McCown is he wants to become a QB Coach after retiring.

I think the Jet's are paying him to lock in on him as a future QB Coach.

It's not a bad move when you got a lot of Cap $'s.

I was hoping the Bill's could of done that with him.

From what I have read he is pretty good at teaching the QB position. 

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Yep.

The thing about McCown is he wants to become a QB Coach after retiring.

I think the Jet's are paying him to lock in on him as a future QB Coach.

It's not a bad move when you got a lot of Cap $'s.

I was hoping the Bill's could of done that with him.

From what I have read he is pretty good at teaching the QB position. 

I agree.  The guy seems to understand the game on a different level then most.  It may have never translated to great success due to the lack of physical tools he has.  However he really knows and grasps the mental aspect of the game and it seems as though he has a great way of communicating that with the other qbs in the room.

1 minute ago, Zebrastripes said:

I agree.  The guy seems to understand the game on a different level then most.  It may have never translated to great success due to the lack of physical tools he has.  However he really knows and grasps the mental aspect of the game and it seems as though he has a great way of communicating that with the other qbs in the room.

With the Bill's having McCarron (not a lot of experience and only being around Dalton), Peterman and a Rookie I still am hoping

that the Bill's bring in an older "camp arm" that has got some smarts to help out as a mentor.

Or, at least get another Assistant QB Coach to help out.

2 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Here's an idea. Don't click on it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

I can see us not trading up and taking a QB at 12.  Although getting in front of Denver for Mayfield would be nice.  

I can hope  the Jets take Allen instead of Rosen or Mayfield.  But I think they are taking Rosen.  

Rosen won't get past 2. I'm not sure it matters who the team that makes the pick is.

22 minutes ago, PIP said:

I still don't think Buffalo did all of this wheeling and dealing to get one-upped by the Jets we will work something out to draft with pick one or two I guarantee it

I think moves like trading Watkins and Glenn were the smart thing to do whether there was a master plan to trade up or not.

Watkins wasn't deemed good enough to use the franchise tag on, and the Rams let him go to the highest bidder.

2 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Everyone has their thoughts on the Jets' trade. Apparently, many of them think they need their own thread to express it. This one is a bit more stupid than the others, IMHO. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, downunderbill said:

Here's an idea. Don't click on it.

Unfortunately,  people don't tend to key word tag their own posts as 'waste of a click ' . If they did, your advice would be SPOT ON

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

If you're going to SCOLD someone for a post, should use the right word.

SCALDING.

Spell check can't catch em all lol. Shld I just toss the phone into some SCALDING hot lava and call it a day?

Edited by gobills1212

3 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

They absolutely tanked.

They were a playoff team the prior year, Manning got hurt, and took the season off, and they tanked to get luck, knowing Manning was at the end of his career after that injury, and decided that 1-2 years of Manning wasn't worth passing on luck for.

Well, I live outside Indy and no.  They brought Kerry Collins in and he quit unexpectedly.  And there was no one research available.

If the OP is right, and he might be, then Buffalo may never have had a chance to convince Indy to trade from #3 to #12.  Also if the OP is correct, Indy is not going to pull the trigger on another trade until draft day.  I don't think moving from #12 to #6 would be too awful costly.  Whether Beane is willing to do it or not depends on how highly he values the remaining QBs and linebackers (QBs - Jackson, Rudolph; LBs - Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds). 

3 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Unfortunately,  people don't tend to key word tag their own posts as 'waste of a click ' . If they did, your advice would be SPOT ON.

In this case the title was more than enough to come to a "waste of a click" conclusion. You just took the chance to berate someone, Did your parents deprive you of manners?