Favorite TV Theme Songs

/dev/null

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Great one.

Years ago I had super boring video of my sons soccer game. This was back when the kids were like a giant swarm of bees chasing the soccer ball all over the field. I sped up the video and used this as the background audio and it was hysterical. 

Some things never change...go watch a house league game for baseball, soccer, football or hockey at the younger ages...one big dust ball of arms and legs chasing the ball or puck.  Except, of course, for the kid picking their nose in right field.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The Leftovers from HBO; music is better than the show was.

I liked both openings.   The second years into with the vanished people in the pictures and that unusual song struck me as the perfect combination.

I will stick with Rawhide.

9 hours ago, Buftex said:

Oh yeah, almost forgot all about that!                 

fully deserved to be forgotten

geez but this show hasn't aged even 1% well in syndication....

20 hours ago, Buftex said:

Have you ever heard the version with lyrics?  As song by Lorne Greene...                           

I knew there was a version sung by Lorne Greene, and I may have heard a little of it before, but I’ve never heard the full song.  I’m not sure I would call it singing, but I enjoyed it.

17 hours ago, row_33 said:

fully deserved to be forgotten

geez but this show hasn't aged even 1% well in syndication....

Just wathched the first couple of seasons, over the last year...I think it is still pretty hilarious.

The only thing my old man ever watched on tv was an occaisional college basketball game (Bonnies)...the one exception was "Mannix".  Great theme music, though I am not sure how well the show holds up....

Another great one....MTM was so hot in her prime...and the show is still hilarious..

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Interesting.  You can pretty much tell the age of the posters by what theme song the linked.  

I dunno about that.  Barney Miller was a little before my time but I remember seeing reruns on daytime TV as a kid.

I have noticed alot of the theme songs posted are from the 70s, which I think may have been the peak of TV theme songs with that funky 70s bass

On 2/28/2018 at 7:44 AM, JR in Pittsburgh said:

One recent favorite of mine is Downton Abbey. My wife actually plays this pretty well on the piano.

Agreed.  Honestly, not a bad show either.  Go ahead, take my man card.