NYT: Goodell Will Fine Jerry Jones Millions of Dollars - It's a Reimbursement for Legal Fees

26CornerBlitz

15 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Goodell is fining Jones for Jones' challenging of Goodell's contract?

No conflict of interest there, nosiree...  :lol:

Come on, it's the rest of the Star Chamber that's fining Jerry.  It says so right in the article.

They are licking their chops over his further humiliation.

Edited by Mr. WEO

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Every time I see that I think one thing: how gross melted butter synthetic butter substitute would feel splashed into my face

I had to fix that for you

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If I liked Jerruh, I’d be pissed!

However, I’m just pleasantly amused.  :)

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

If I liked Jerruh, I’d be pissed!

However, I’m just pleasantly amused.  :)

..hilarious......maybe a new TV series, "Keeping Up With The Joneses"  puts the Kardasians off the air waves..........Boy Scouts popcorn sales forecasted at $5 mil per episode.....

I believe the #NFL is not technically fining #Cowboys owner Jerry Jones but seeking repayment for approximately $2M in legal expenses relative to his threats to sue the league. NFL Finance Committee and other owners supported repayment allowed by bylaws in place over 2 decades.

If Jones gets fined it is wrong. What would he be fined for? For having a different opinion from the rest of the herd and pushing for his case? His claims could be legitimate or well off target. It doesn't matter. He is entitled to his view and is entitled to pursue it. Jones is an egotistical and bombastic person. He threatened to sue because he was on the losing side of the argument. Ultimately, he didn't sue. So how did he harm the league or any other owners, and the insufferable commissioner. Jones position that Goodell was going to be overpaid was not an unreasonable position. Goodell is the commissioner of the NFL. He's not Putin who disposes of people who challenge his authority. On this issue I'm on the side of the tiresome talker from Dallas. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....check is to be made payable to" The Goodell 401K Plan"...........

Like he needs a 401k....Personally, I think GODell is toxic in every way for the league. He's not Putin. He's not Saddam. He's not Hitler. This is as ridiculous as it gets. Its like fighting a criminal charge, that you win, and yet they charge you for court fees. BS!

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Like he needs a 401k....Personally, I think GODell is toxic in every way for the league. He's not Putin. He's not Saddam. He's not Hitler. This is as ridiculous as it gets. Its like fighting a criminal charge, that you win, and yet they charge you for court fees. BS!

HINT: sarcasm......an alternative would be to make it out to "LEAR" for his "jet for life".......with ludicrous TV contracts fueling this cash cow, advertisers probably wanting concessions due to declining ratings, a looming CBA and good 'ol Smith rattling his "strike" sabre early on, it makes perfect sense for Commish to launch, "The Empire Strikes Back"....think maybe Kraft would like to extract a "pound of flesh from Jurry"?......or maybe Arthur Blank who headed up the Compensation Committee?.....

25 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If Jones gets fined it is wrong. What would he be fined for? For having a different opinion from the rest of the herd and pushing for his case? His claims could be legitimate or well off target. It doesn't matter. He is entitled to his view and is entitled to pursue it. Jones is an egotistical and bombastic person. He threatened to sue because he was on the losing side of the argument. Ultimately, he didn't sue. So how did he harm the league or any other owners, and the insufferable commissioner. Jones position that Goodell was going to be overpaid was not an unreasonable position. Goodell is the commissioner of the NFL. He's not Putin who disposes of people who challenge his authority. On this issue I'm on the side of the tiresome talker from Dallas. 

I’m not defending Goodell here, but I’m sure you understand that Jones threats did in fact cost the league and it’s owners money. Jones hired a lawyer and was ready to sue, which in turn then caused the league to hire lawyers and prepare to defend itself. I’m sure that pissed a lot of the other owners off. And it’s not a fine, it’s rembursement. Almost like a being an !@#$ fee.

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

HINT: sarcasm......an alternative would be to make it out to "LEAR" for his "jet for life".......with ludicrous TV contracts fueling this cash cow, advertisers probably wanting concessions due to declining ratings, a looming CBA and good 'ol Smith rattling his "strike" sabre early on, it makes perfect sense for Commish to launch, "The Empire Strikes Back"....think maybe Kraft would like to extract a "pound of flesh from Jurry"?......or maybe Arthur Blank who headed up the Compensation Committee?.....

That's EXACTLY the problem bud. He's the commissioner. Not the absolute power. Now we're paying penalties to challenge a person's authority?  Gimme a break. Equality for all dictates that this, along with most of today's "moral fiber" is constipated beyond healthy. It's just gross to me. But, then again, so is my opinion gonna be to a vast count of people lol

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I’m not defending Goodell here, but I’m sure you understand that Jones threats did in fact cost the league and it’s owners money. Jones hired a lawyer and was ready to sue, which in turn then caused the league to hire lawyers and prepare to defend itself. I’m sure that pissed a lot of the other owners off. And it’s not a fine, it’s rembursement. Almost like a being an !@#$ fee.

Who cares?  Anyone has the right to challenge ANYTHING in this country! Or, wait, is this still America? To get punished for losing is complete gross negligence on all accounts! 

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

....he went "rogue" and broke ranks from a very coveted membership fraternity, a/k/a NFL owners.....never liked the guy from his 1989 Cowboy purchase when he kicked the legendary Landry to the curb like dirt.....admittedly, I'm an old school dinosaur heading into year 56 of following Bflo/NFL.....it bugs me when this multi-BILLION dollar enterprise and its players lose respect for the "old school" players whose sacrifices put this thing on the map.....10 grand salaries then to that being a tip today on a dinner tab....same goes for OWNERS IMO....and Jones thinks he is bigger than the entity......

9 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

That's EXACTLY the problem bud. He's the commissioner. Not the absolute power. Now we're paying penalties to challenge a person's authority?  Gimme a break. Equality for all dictates that this, along with most of today's "moral fiber" is constipated beyond healthy. It's just gross to me. But, then again, so is my opinion gonna be to a vast count of people lol

Who cares?  Anyone has the right to challenge ANYTHING in this country! Or, wait, is this still America? To get punished for losing is complete gross negligence on all accounts! 

I just said who cares, the other owners who had to pay for lawyers for Jones being an !@#$. 

And yes this is America and you have the right to challenge certain things, that doesn’t mean those don’t come with consequences or financial costs.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I just said who cares, the other owners who had to pay for lawyers for Jones being an !@#$. 

And yes this is America and you have the right to challenge certain things, that doesn’t mean those don’t come with consequences or financial costs.

I was charged with a crime I didn't commit. After a lengthy,  and costly trial, I was exonnerated. But had to still pay $500 in court costs, on top of lawyer fees. Sound fair and just to you? Same !@#$ing thing

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Think if you could fine your boss over a salary dispute.....

Why isn't real life more like that?

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....he went "rogue" and broke ranks from a very coveted membership fraternity, a/k/a NFL owners.....never liked the guy from his 1989 Cowboy purchase when he kicked the legendary Landry to the curb like dirt.....admittedly, I'm an old school dinosaur heading into year 56 of following Bflo/NFL.....it bugs me when this multi-BILLION dollar enterprise and its players lose respect for the "old school" players whose sacrifices put this thing on the map.....10 grand salaries then to that being a tip today on a dinner tab....same goes for OWNERS IMO....and Jones thinks he is bigger than the entity......

The old guard seldom approves of the new. And at a cost of millions of dollars, I don't blame them.

P.s....Im a broke, hard working, Chrone's having, busted back mofo who pays out every month for the right to make a paycheck every week. Its just not right to charge somebody for an opinion. 

9 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

....he is the Judge, Jury & Executioner as far as how much latitude he has as the $40 mil/yr puppet.......and I'd bet there is a ton going on "behind the scenes" in the billionaires' closed fraternity.....think Jones went too far with his public comments about the Zeke suspension?...think Jones went too far threatening to derail and sue over th Goodell (ABSURD BTW) extension?.....think owners like Kraft who would love to extract a pound of flesh for Deflagate debacle or Arthur Blank, who headed up the Compensation Committee, would love to put this guy in his place, who I despise today for disrespecting Tom Landry?.....LOL, billionaires being billionaires....great theater IMO........

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....he is the Judge, Jury & Executioner as far as how much latitude he has as the $40 mil/yr puppet.......and I'd bet there is a ton going on "behind the scenes" in the billionaires' closed fraternity.....think Jones went too far with his public comments about the Zeke suspension?...think Jones went too far threatening to derail and sue over th Goodell (ABSURD BTW) extension?.....think owners like Kraft who would love to extract a pound of flesh for Deflagate debacle or Arthur Blank, who headed up the Compensation Committee, would love to put this guy in his place, who I despise today for disrespecting Tom Landry?.....LOL, billionaires being billionaires....great theater IMO........

All true Old Timer! And to think I used to want to be one lmao. Nope, I'll take my moral constipation with me when I go. ?

I wonder how many homeless Americans we could shelter and feed in Dallas for a paltry $2,000,000,000 tonight? Joke. Scam. Horrible truth

Edited by BuffAlone

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to NYT: Goodell Will Fine Jerry Jones Millions of Dollars - It's a Reimbursement
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to NYT: Goodell Will Fine Jerry Jones Millions of Dollars - It's a Reimbursement for Legal Fees