Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting: Bills love Rosen (updated with new info)

YoloinOhio

On 19/02/2018 at 12:44 PM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

UPDATE: Eric Galko on his latest podcast says the cost for the Bills to get to #2 will be 21st, 22nd, 2019 2nd Rd Pick and Cordy Glenn. If that's true then it is a steal for us.

That's all it'll take to get our Franchise QB? ANNOUNCE IT NOW!

My dream scenario is to only have to give up picks from this year's draft to move up. I don't care if it's both our 1s and 2s and our 3rd. We stockpiled enough to entice someone with all our picks plus the extras. Use FA to fill holes the best we can and keep next year's picks to build around our QB.

On 21/02/2018 at 10:45 PM, Augie said:

Let’s not give him EJ’s........anything! 

I'd give him EJ's hard count.

Just now, kdiggz said:

Don't tease me bro

861c61642ded8f23ca973a6130b7530e--surpri

You may want to temper it a bit as I’m sure every team seeking to draft a QB is also salivating at the chance to get him; teams with top 5-10 picks to dangle as part of a package. If there’s a bidding war, I suspect we will have to jump up twice to get it done and that may involve a ton of future draft capital to invest. Not saying we shouldn’t do it, but Rosen’s talent just may require that commitment in order to acquire. 

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Eric Galko responded to this tweet with a wink. I have a feeling that guy feels confident in his source that the Bills want Rosen. 

I'm really starting to think we will trade up to #2. The relationship with Gettleman, the extra 1st and 2nd round picks, making FA decisions based on comp picks, the insider sources that say we love Rosen... It's hard to ignore all that smoke.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I'm really starting to think we will trade up to #2. The relationship with Gettleman, the extra 1st and 2nd round picks, making FA decisions based on comp picks, the insider sources that say we love Rosen... It's hard to ignore all that smoke.

This is my feeling as well. Especially given the Giants today saying they are not moving on from Eli. The Giants look alot better with Cordy Glenn and a couple of lineman or a back with our picks.

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

You may want to temper it a bit as I’m sure every team seeking to draft a QB is also salivating at the chance to get him; teams with top 5-10 picks to dangle as part of a package. If there’s a bidding war, I suspect we will have to jump up twice to get it done and that may involve a ton of future draft capital to invest. Not saying we shouldn’t do it, but Rosen’s talent just may require that commitment in order to acquire. 

I can't, I'm all in on Rosen. I will settle for 1 of the top 4 if they have evaluated and feel like that is their franchise QB. I will absolutely not accept sitting back and doing nothing. I've been waiting 20 yrs for a QB. I can't wait any longer. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, kdiggz said:

I can't, I'm all in on Rosen. I will settle for 1 of the top 4 if they have evaluated and feel like that is their franchise QB. I will absolutely not accept sitting back and doing nothing. I've been waiting 20 yrs for a QB. I can't wait any longer. 

I have nothing against Rosen as a QB selection, but I'm not sure that if the Bills stay put at 21 we can accuse them of doing nothing. Presuming they're able to get a Rudolph / Jackson from the 21 spot, then I think they're merely believing the best thing is to use all their Draft picks, it just so happens the 21st pick is a QB of their choice NOT named Rosen / Darnold / Allen / Mayfield. 

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Eric Galko responded to this tweet with a wink. I have a feeling that guy feels confident in his source that the Bills want Rosen. 

He had too many details in his podcast to ignore. Like when he said that some teams are turned off by Rosen’s personality but McDermott is comfortable with it. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He had too many details in his podcast to ignore. Like when he said that some teams are turned off by Rosen’s personality but McDermott is comfortable with it. 

I personally think Rosen is dropping beyond first two picks.  I don't think you need to go to 2 to get him.  I think he can be had at 5.

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I really want no part of Rosen as someone who’s watched him from the start of his UCLA career. 

However, since I’m not a psychic, nor can I see the future, I can’t say I wouldn’t be excited if the Bills made a move up to 2. 

And if Rosen was selected, I’d have to just trust their judgement and assume the move would be a good one.

This team needs a QB. 

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Something else to ponder Happy...Giants need a RB that they can win with now...we are nowhere close to winning now and there is a good chance that Shady could waste his final good years in Buffalo...if the Bills are truly “leaving no stone unturned”, they could potentially include Shady in addition to both of our 1st rounders to trade up to number 2...it might piss off some of the fan base, but  it would help the Bills get rid of Shady’s contract and save us from having to give up a boatload of picks...

As much as I love Shady, it’s likely he will not be around for our championship years anyway (yeah I said it :D) and it helps us in building that foundation now.

Edited by JaCrispy

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Something else to ponder Happy...Giants need a RB that they can win with now...we are nowhere close to winning now and there is a good chance that Shady could waste his final good years in Buffalo...if the Bills are truly “leaving no stone unturned”, they could potentially include Shady in addition to both of our 1st rounders to trade up to number 2...it might pass off some of the fan base, but  it would help the Bills get rid of Shady’s contract and save us from having to give up a boatload of picks...

As much as I love Shady, it’s likely he will not be around for our championship years (yeah I said it :D) and it helps us in building that foundation now.

Shady is the one player I am sure is off limits. Beane said as much today, that Shady is a big part of our plans this year. Now Glenn I could see. I've seen a few Giants fans on Twitter who liked the idea of getting Glenn and our 2 1st rounders for the #2 pick.

• Like (+1) 1

Price is just going to be way too much. That is the catch-22. If you get it right, pay a king's ransom, it really doesn't matter what you give up. If you miss, you set franchise back 5 years, get fired, but we'll all still be here. 

That said, if he's a franchise and all-league guy for 10+ years? I'd give up both of our firsts plus next year's without question. 

Edited by HansLanda

1 minute ago, HansLanda said:

Price is just going to be way too much. That is the catch-22. If you get it right, pay a king's ransom, it really doesn't matter what you give up. If you miss, you set franchise back 5 years, get fired, but we'll all still be here. 

You don't set the franchise back 5 years by getting it wrong.  You set the franchise back 5 years by getting it wrong and not hedging your bet by drafting another potential franchise guy within the next 2 drafts.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, you can tell when someone knows something. They may not be able to get a deal done but he’s the guy IMO.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

You don't set the franchise back 5 years by getting it wrong.  You set the franchise back 5 years by getting it wrong and not hedging your bet by drafting another potential franchise guy within the next 2 drafts.

That's what MVPeterman is for. But I hear you. 

4 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

That's what MVPeterman is for. But I hear you. 

Yeah, I have zero problem going hard after the guy you want, and then drafting someone in round 1 or 2 again next year.  Caution to the wind; you need to get multiple irons in the fire.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah, I have zero problem going hard after the guy you want, and then drafting someone in round 1 or 2 again next year.  Caution to the wind; you need to get multiple irons in the fire.

This is a very intelligent way to deal with this. I like the idea of getting multiple options at work as it just increases the probability of getting it right. If you end up with 2 QBs ...well that's a great problem to have.

29 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I really want no part of Rosen as someone who’s watched him from the start of his UCLA career. 

However, since I’m not a psychic, nor can I see the future, I can’t say I wouldn’t be excited if the Bills made a move up to 2. 

And if Rosen was selected, I’d have to just trust their judgement and assume the move would be a good one.

This team needs a QB. 

Without a doubt... 

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

i think i love rosen's personality. he has legitimate concerns and aspirations beyond football. he wants to leave a mark on this world. he sounds like an absolute leader of men. and it doesn't hurt that he has immense football talent.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

You don't think that both or our first round pics, a second round pick and either another first or second round pick in next year's draft can't get a deal done with the Giants or Denver? What I find encouraging is that there are other options. If Rosen goes to another team high in the draft then making a play for Darnold or more likely Mayfield would be another good option. I'm looking at the top tier qb grouping that includes Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold. Some people believe Allen would also fall in that grouping. I don't. My belief is that if the Bills are aggressive they hopefully should come away with a high quality prospect. 

https://accuprosports.com/mock-drafts/

Galko has the trade with the Giants in his new mock as well.

I would also like to point out to those who think the Giants wouldn't do this that they can completely rebuild the OL (which needs to be done), and protect Eli. McGlinchey, Wynn and Cordy Glenn are a great step in this direction. They have receivers and could get a good back in round 2 , maybe Sony Michel. That is one hell of an offensive rebuild!

1 hour ago, HansLanda said:

That said, if he's a franchise and all-league guy for 10+ years? I'd give up both of our firsts plus next year's without question. 

What is hitting or missing on a QB? What is serviceable or satisfactory? Cutler? Dalton? Stafford? None have done squat, yet they all produced better than Tyrod...is that considered hitting? Just a rhetorical question and some food for thought.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

MMQB podcast had Mayock and McShay on and McShay believes many teams are concerned about his personality.

He said he can be a difficult teammate, has issues with authority and not sure if he loves football.

Mayock danced around the question.

51 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

MMQB podcast had Mayock and McShay on and McShay believes many teams are concerned about his personality.

He said he can be a difficult teammate, has issues with authority and not sure if he loves football.

Mayock danced around the question.

There is too much around the personality stuff to not have some truth to it,  but imo most successful nfl QBs are arrogant pricks. They demand a lot of the people around them as well as of themselves. Their teammates will like and respect  them if they throw them the ball and win games. They may think they are arrogant pricks but they don’t care if they get their numbers, the QB can lead the team and the team is winning. There are also a lot of QBs where teammates love their personality, but they don’t get it done on the field.

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 2/14/2018 at 9:17 AM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Based on past trades it'd be something along the lines of picks 21, 22, & 96 this year, and our 1st & 3rd next year. Using the below chart and a 130% multiplier for the team moving up those picks get it done. 

cm7HHYa.jpg

I just don’t see them giving up that much

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/14/2018 at 11:21 AM, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Person, IQ, and heart over pure, natural talent any day of the week.

I don't think Rosen has the heart or work ethic to succeed at the next level. Who wants a QB that whines about classes and football don't mix because it's too hard. lol. He complaining about workload? Who the hell wants a QB that complains about too much work?

Good luck with that...

Whining? 

Look, college for a serious student who is actually trying to learn something meaningful, especially a student with gaps in their academic preparation, is a full-time job. 

During football season and preparation for football season, the commitment expected of a college football player is also pretty durn close to a full time job.

Two full time jobs are hard to handle - for anyone, anywhere. 

Driven people who have learned to be good time managers can do it.  People who weren't very enthused or talented students to start with, really struggle, to the point where they have a problem acquiring the "free education" they're supposedly getting.  Then when they struggle, the athletic program isn't worried about helping them really get an education - they're worried about keeping them eligible to play football, even if it means enrolling them in potholderweaving classes because basketweaving is too difficult. 

That's Rosen's point, and it's pretty hard to argue IMO.

21 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Can we name the players buffalo doesn't like ???

Speculation is they love everyone

yawn

Jackson.  Haven't seen a thing suggesting they like him.

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

What is hitting or missing on a QB? What is serviceable or satisfactory? Cutler? Dalton? Stafford? None have done squat, yet they all produced better than Tyrod...is that considered hitting? Just a rhetorical question and some food for thought.

IMO Cutler no, Dalton & Stafford yes.

Actually it's not my opinion entirely, I sorted QB for 20 years based on their career-to-date performance with 4 criteria that I positively correlated to winning.

(completion percentage, YPA, and TD/INT,  >220 YPG). 

The idea is guys who meet these criteria  do what QB should do, well enough that if you put a team around him your team can win consistently.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

You don't think that both or our first round pics, a second round pick and either another first or second round pick in next year's draft can't get a deal done with the Giants or Denver? What I find encouraging is that there are other options. If Rosen goes to another team high in the draft then making a play for Darnold or more likely Mayfield would be another good option. I'm looking at the top tier qb grouping that includes Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold. Some people believe Allen would also fall in that grouping. I don't. My belief is that if the Bills are aggressive they hopefully should come away with a high quality prospect. 

Per the bolded, if there are no other teams looking to snag him, sure, that may be enough for Denver and maybe even the Giants at two. But it boils down to how much competition there is from other teams seeking Rosen and how much they drive up the price. Personally, I feel he is the best QB prospect in the draft so I can’t see Cleveland or the Giants passing on him, anyway. 

14 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

If we had Stafford we'd be a perennial playoff team in the AFC

15 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

I personally think Rosen is dropping beyond first two picks.  I don't think you need to go to 2 to get him.  I think he can be had at 5.

Not if Broncos pass on Cousins. We need to have deals lined up at #2, #3, #4 if the Broncos don't sign Kirk Cousins.