Philly Fans trash their city... MAFIA Let's clean up Buffalo!!!

Jobot

I'll bring this up again as it gets closer to becoming a reality.  I'm thinking organizing some donations of brooms / trash bags / etc... maybe some beer too

I PROPOSE - When the Bills win their first Superbowl (hopefully next year!), We take to the streets and clean the place up!  Sweep through the city and make it spotless!

• Like (+1) 6

Counter proposal:

I propose when the Bills win their first Super Bowl, we form up and go place to place and eat every chicken wing in town. Every. Single. One. Think of the financial boom for the town? 

As a nice side project:

We find every single person that dips said wings in ranch sauce and we send them to Cleveland. Every. Single. One.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

By the time the Bills win the Super Bowl, it will be like - "The Jetson's" time era.

We will all live up in the air, so there will be no streets - no trash - no mess.

Let's hope not...

Though "The Jetsons" never specified exactly what year in the future the show took place, original press materials said it was set in 2062—a century in the future. It was the network's first show to air in color, though only viewers in a few cities could actually see it in color.

1 minute ago, eball said:

Too late.  It's a part of the Bills culture now.  I don't know why folks don't enjoy it.

Well to each his own, but it is played out to the point of lame.

I’m a Bills fan. That’s good enough for me. I don’t need to be a ‘nation’ or a ‘mafia’ or an ‘army’.

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Too late.  It's a part of the Bills culture now.  I don't know why folks don't enjoy it.

there is nothing positive about the word mafia. it is a very negative term. I make sure to distance myself form the term when ever it comes up

I never understood it either.. I Figured we can do better, but some people like to jump off the top of vans and crack their skulls and set themselves on fire.. Too each their own I guess :unsure:

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, eball said:

It’s lame.  I’d rather not be considered in a mafia.. Also people associate the bills “mafia” as idiots lighting themselves on fire and jumping through tables.  

I have friends who are fans of other teams and they all say lame.  Just a bad look.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

21 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Time to ditch the Bills Mafia phrase.. overplayed 

4 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

there is nothing positive about the word mafia. it is a very negative term. I make sure to distance myself form the term when ever it comes up

I never understood it either.. I Figured we can do better, but some people like to jump off the top of vans and crack their skulls and set themselves on fire.. Too each their own I guess :unsure:

I have never been fond of it at all. 

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

In fact, I'm offended if i see some other jankity fanbase using it

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I have never been fond of it at all. 

Lol - caring about the name so much to pretend like you'd be selling out.  Can't deny the fact that Bills Mafia is now a national brand after Andy Dalton charity donations....

Harness the power of the brand for good folks... personally I could care less what it's called.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, eball said:

Because I am not a wop, I am a paddy with a little limey, kraut and cherokee mixed in for good measure.  I have a word for what I think of the Bills Mafia, but it is probably more offensive than the ones I have already used.

Ma·fi·a
ˈmäfēə/
noun
noun: Mafia; noun: the Mafia
  1. an organized international body of criminals, operating originally in Sicily and now especially in Italy and the US and having a complex and ruthless behavioral code.
    • any organized group using extortion and other criminal methods.
      noun: mafia; plural noun: mafias
    • a closed group of people in a particular field, having a controlling influence.
      noun: mafia
      "the conservative top tennis mafia"
Origin
Italian (Sicilian dialect), originally in the sense ‘bragging.’

4 minutes ago, simool said:

Because I am not a wop, I am a paddy with a little limey, kraut and cherokee mixed in for good measure.  I have a word for what I think of the Bills Mafia, but it is probably more offensive than the ones I have already used.

You sir... need to steer clear of the internet.  Good luck :)

For those who are unaware, the term Bills Mafia came about not because of table-crashing and tailgating, but because a national reporter (Schefter I think) made derogatory comments about a Bills player on Twitter and a group of Bills fans "banded together" to berate said reporter.  It was called Bills Mafia -- as in, you better watch out when you trash our team/fans -- because of how Bills fans have the team's and each other's backs.  Nothing ill-conceived or criminal or anything but a good time.  A lot of players embraced it and it grew.  Yes, the term has gained popularity when associated with the tailgating antics but it is generally considered to be positive and in good fun.

Ya'll need to chill out and lighten up.  It's fun being a member of the Bills Mafia.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jobot said:

I'll bring this up again as it gets closer to becoming a reality.  I'm thinking organizing some donations of brooms / trash bags / etc... maybe some beer too

I PROPOSE - When the Bills win their first Superbowl (hopefully next year!), We take to the streets and clean the place up!  Sweep through the city and make it spotless!

You will need more lemon pledge....

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Well to each his own, but it is played out to the point of lame.

I’m a Bills fan. That’s good enough for me. I don’t need to be a ‘nation’ or a ‘mafia’ or an ‘army’.

The fan base should be referred to as the "Stampede" as we are the loud and raucous noise that follows the gallop of a charging Buffalo.

59 minutes ago, simool said:

"La mafia" Is just a condensed version of the word La Familia, which refered to powerful families that held political sway, and controlled vice in a city or region... La familia was who you went to in order to get sh_t done... I personally like the Billsamafia moniker... It's  a family that instead of ordering hits on people, does good things... Just ask Andy Dalton, and Daryl Talley...

Edited by #34fan

34 minutes ago, #34fan said:

"La mafia" Is just a condensed version of the word La Familia, which refered to powerful families that held political sway, and controlled vice in a city or region... La familia was who you went to in order to get sh_t done... I personally like the Billsamafia moniker... It's  a family that instead of ordering hits on people, does good things... Just ask Andy Dalton, and Daryl Talley...

True - the Mafia in America originally was an organization that essentially helped poor/impoverished immigrants survive.  It did over time morph into what it is today that with a heavy crime emphasis... but this was originally an organization made necessary to take care if it's own people.

15 hours ago, #34fan said:

So only those who identify themselves as being mafia donated? Not Bills Crew, Bills Fans, Bills Nation, Bills Gangsta, Bills etc..., Time to move on from the mafia term. All I think about when I hear that term is steve drop the ball johnson. 

11 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’ll go with.. a Bills fan

?

15 hours ago, Jobot said:

True - the Mafia in America originally was an organization that essentially helped poor/impoverished immigrants survive.  It did over time morph into what it is today that with a heavy crime emphasis... but this was originally an organization made necessary to take care if it's own people.

What does the billsmafia do to help out in the community. When I go on their web site I see no $$$$ amount listed being donated to taking care of its own. 

18 hours ago, Jobot said:

Why do you need a SB win to gain the motivation to clean up the city? If it is that big of a concern for you, stop by the east side and start today.  Let me know if you can get any of the locals to pitch in and help you...or if they choose to rob you instead? lol

18 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

By the time the Bills win the Super Bowl, it will be like - "The Jetson's" time era.

We will all live up in the air, so there will be no streets - no trash - no mess.

If LA is any indication, there will be streets below, and people will gladly toss their trash on them, but they'll just get to fly above it all.

18 hours ago, eball said:

The only people I ever hear being offended by the name are Bills fans. The name isn't going away any time soon so long as it keeps showing up in national media power rankings. There's a better chance for a national effort to make the Bills change their name because Bill is a masculine name, and non-inclusive of other the other 27 new genders, and it's exclusively offensive to Billie Jean, who works at a Hortons on Chippewa, and Tim Graham, who will write a four page feature on how he'll never call the team the Bills again.

Edited by LABillzFan

The City isn't trashed, there were a couple of incidents.  All in all the aftermath wasn't that bad....tomorrow with 3MM+ people expected for the parade.....that is going to be a massive undertaking to clean up the streets, but goddammit, they are going to have a blast....i can't wait until I can be part of that kind of celebration