WHATS THE MOVE FOR OUR WR SITUATION

DKBills25

Hey bills fans

So I was looking at the roster and pending FAs around the NFL 

and I’m a little worried that if we are going to get a new QB this offseason 

what kind of weapons will he be throwing to 

I loved the KB trade but he can’t do it all, Zay I was very high on but he disappointed me basically all season. 

Who do you think we should retain or go after in FA (or draft)?? I think donte Thompson deserves to be back 

PS: I HOPE THAT LUCK NEWS IS TRUE ?

GO BILLS!

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

they will get their deep ball threat speedster guy.  keep an eye on the 40 yard dash at the combine and all will be revealed

You think that is someone we go after ? 

because I’m thinking we need speed also 

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

draft Lamar Jackson in second round as a WR. LOL

him and Tyrod on the field at the same time.  two passing options.  one of them in the slot and the other under center.  lots of possibilities with that personnel 

12 minutes ago, #34fan said:

-Silence!

AJ McCarron via trade,  Ronald Jones, RB outta USC, and DT Da'ron Payne!

....arbitrator rules on his FA vs UFA case on February 15.....so you'll have to wait on tender stuff as news floating around is that he'll be an RFA.............

Why wood a good QB want to come here, with no one to throw to. (And what is KB going to be after his surgery)

If McBeane didn't think enough of Woods, Watson and and Goodwin and wound up with Mathews and KB both

broken down and  who did very little, what makes you think this D guru, has the smarts to know O talent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Assuming zay improves next year, get a 2nd round or even 3rd round wide reciever and we should be pretty decent. Benjamin, zay, draft pick and whoever they decide to put behind them. Dez Lewis and rod Streator will also be at camp, so they could potentially be a 4th or 5th reciever for the bills. 

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Assuming zay improves next year, get a 2nd round or even 3rd round wide reciever and we should be pretty decent. Benjamin, zay, draft pick and whoever they decide to put behind them. Dez Lewis and rod Streator will also be at camp, so they could potentially be a 4th or 5th reciever for the bills. 

What do you think of Donte Thompson ??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Why wood a good QB want to come here, with no one to throw to. (And what is KB going to be after his surgery)

If McBeane didn't think enough of Woods, Watson and and Goodwin and wound up with Mathews and KB both

broken down and  who did very little, what makes you think this D guru, has the smarts to know O talent.

Why wood you think he wood not know O talent?

Doomed!!!

Zay Jones will be a good player and Benjamin is solid.   Need to upgrade the deep speed threat (D.Thompson) and returner (B.Tate) probably.  A few guys who could do both and be upgrades in the draft probably...

C.Kirk (Texas A&M)

DJ Chark (LSU)

D.Pettis (Washington)

D.Fountain (N.Iowa)

B.Pringle (KSU)

5 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

We have to get a speed guy in FA like Richardson, he fits the bill to a T. We don't need another rookie that needs to develop. WRs always seem to take awhile too -unless you draft one really high-which we don't want to do.

Contested catches? Yep!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Keep Benjamin. Re-sign Thompson cheap. Send Zay to a shrink. We then need to get both a legit speed guy who can catch. A guy like Goodwin. And a reliable #2 in free agency. I don't think we can count on Zay. DT is a #5. Benjamin will be good with a speed guy that can actually make plays downfield.

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

WTAF!!!  Are you serious???  Matthews and KB both showed up healthy - they got injured - this is the NFL cupcake - see the Eagles - injuries happen.  WTF is a McBeane???  Get a freaking clue dude - really!  They off loaded all those guys for various reasons - again it is the NFL - this stuff happens.

Why wood you post this???  Did you pass the 3rd grade?  No seriously - you can't type would, you have no clue about HOW to use the english language???

ENGLISH MUTHEREFFER _ SPEAK IT!  SMH!

4 hours ago, DKBills25 said:

Hey bills fans

So I was looking at the roster and pending FAs around the NFL 

and I’m a little worried that if we are going to get a new QB this offseason 

what kind of weapons will he be throwing to 

I loved the KB trade but he can’t do it all, Zay I was very high on but he disappointed me basically all season. 

Who do you think we should retain or go after in FA (or draft)?? I think donte Thompson deserves to be back 

PS: I HOPE THAT LUCK NEWS IS TRUE ?

GO BILLS!

An elite QB makes the WR not the other way around. Benjamin is a great start, Zay Jones will bounce back, now we just need a burner, they're a dime a dozen, least of our worries imo.

The best thing for this WR group is to get a QB that can throw to them.

I think it is impossible to evaluate them without them getting normal targets and opportunities.

I think we should resign the guys we have going into FA. Benjamin and Matthews put up pretty good numbers before coming to Buffalo and I suspect they can do the same with a decent QB.

Thank you! With KB playing maybe 3 games we had the worst WR corp in the league, name one that was worse.

Our best catch was Deonte Thompson catching a perfect pass in the snow that no professional receiver should drop.

Next best catches are 5 O'Leary plays.. our back up tight end. Make a play boys, or get cut.

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

An elite QB makes the WR not the other way around. Benjamin is a great start, Zay Jones will bounce back, now we just need a burner, they're a dime a dozen, least of our worries imo.

That's not true lmao. How is Aaron Rodgers without Jordy? Big Ben without Brown (they have a stellar WR corps but whatever). Some quarterbacks get WR stat lines because they make great reads, doesn't make the WR any better at playmaking.

I don't know if you noticed this but Antonio Brown was getting MVP nods.

Brett Favre really turned Sydney Rice around didn't he? Russell Wilson really made good use of him.

Year Team GP Rec Tar Yards Avg Lng TD FD Fum Lost
2007 MIN 13 31 53 396 12.8 60 4 25 0 0
2008 MIN 13 15 31 141 9.4 23 4 12 0 0
2009 MIN 16 83 122 1,312 15.8 63 8 59 1 1
2010 MIN 6 17 43 280 16.5 46 2 14 0 0
2011 SEA 9 32 57 484 15.1 52 2 19 0