WHATS THE MOVE FOR OUR WR SITUATION

DKBills25

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

That's not true lmao. How is Aaron Rodgers without Jordy? Big Ben without Brown (they have a stellar WR corps but whatever). Some quarterbacks get WR stat lines because they make great reads, doesn't make the WR any better at playmaking.

I don't know if you noticed this but Antonio Brown was getting MVP nods.

Brett Favre really turned Sydney Rice around didn't he? Russell Wilson really made good use of him.

Year Team GP Rec Tar Yards Avg Lng TD FD Fum Lost
2007 MIN 13 31 53 396 12.8 60 4 25 0 0
2008 MIN 13 15 31 141 9.4 23 4 12 0 0
2009 MIN 16 83 122 1,312 15.8 63 8 59 1 1
2010 MIN 6 17 43 280 16.5 46 2 14 0 0
2011 SEA 9 32 57 484 15.1 52 2 19 0

You think Jordy Nelso is the reason Aaron Rodgers is elite? How did Nelson fair this year without Rodgers, 53 rec, 482 yards, 6 TD, he had 97 , 1,257 and 14 TD with Rodgers throwing to him, all the WR stats were way down. Brown is maybe the exception to the rule but i think he'd still struggle without one of the top QB's, it's just how it goes. 

Hopefully Benjamin will return fully healthy, as I think he's the real deal when fit.

Jones didn't do as well as advertised, mostly to do with 'hands' issues. If he had shoulder problems, that might explain some of that, and I think progress was being made with his route running as the season went on. As a drafted rookie, he's going to get a second chance.

Thompson did pretty well for a FA, and probably deserves another deal. Whether or not the Bills give him one, is probably up in the air. Some other team may offer more, as I don't think the Bills will be offering him big money, at all. As he's bounced around some, he may not have huge expectations, in which case we might re-sign him.

I never really got the sense that Matthews wanted to be here, and he's probably doubly pissed now that the Eagles made the SB. His injury was probably a god send to him, but I can't see us paying him, unless something completely unexpected happens at QB.

Hollmes made a good first impression, then disappeared, then got injured, iirc. Can't remember what his deal was, so he may be back. His performance was underwhelming, but Taylor didn't use his WRs much, so it's a difficult assessment.

Irrespective of who the QB is going to be, I think we need to add genuine speed (as many others do in this thread). After that, providing we stay healthy, we should have enough kicking around, to provide sufficient weapons for whatever QB we decide upon, as both Clay and O'Leary can catch, as can Shady, and assuming he returns, Cadet.

On 2/2/2018 at 1:26 AM, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

You think Jordy Nelso is the reason Aaron Rodgers is elite? How did Nelson fair this year without Rodgers, 53 rec, 482 yards, 6 TD, he had 97 , 1,257 and 14 TD with Rodgers throwing to him, all the WR stats were way down. Brown is maybe the exception to the rule but i think he'd still struggle without one of the top QB's, it's just how it goes. 

There's so many more examples. I listed 3. I understand there's millions more examples of quarterbacks giving receivers great stats. But those are great stats from quarterbacks that can read defenses and find the open man. But there are also WRs who constantly make circus questions..a quarterback loves to toss it up to him. It's hard to separate who's making the play. But take Calvin Johnson in Stafford's early career, AJ Green for Dalton, Alshon Jeffrey high points the ball better than anyone, ask Josh McNown. The Rams have still have the record for most passing yards in a season and they played 2 different Quarterbacks (!!) Trent Green and Kurt Warner. They also had Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt, 2 HOF receivers (I think Torry Holt is, he was amazing with the Rams anyway). Marshall Faulk, best receiving running back ever. These guys were just as important to the greatest show on turf. And Kurt Warner never repeated that success he had with the Rams until he had... LARRY FITZGERALD. 

Point is quarterbacks are expensive right now. Granted I've had a soft spot for the inaccurate Taylor, but I'd rather keep him and upgrade the team around him. If he can't "throw receivers open" (dumbest term I hear thrown around), then get receivers that simply get open! Get an offensive line and a front 7. I'd rather have a stud in a few of those places than a Kirk Cousins on a team that bet the farm.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

On 2/2/2018 at 12:27 AM, Steptide said:

Assuming zay improves next year, get a 2nd round or even 3rd round wide reciever and we should be pretty decent. Benjamin, zay, draft pick and whoever they decide to put behind them. Dez Lewis and rod Streator will also be at camp, so they could potentially be a 4th or 5th reciever for the bills. 

We still waiting on Dez to arrive? Smh what a waste of time. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2018 at 6:14 PM, sjjr said:

Zay Jones will be a good player and Benjamin is solid.   Need to upgrade the deep speed threat (D.Thompson) and returner (B.Tate) probably.  A few guys who could do both and be upgrades in the draft probably...

C.Kirk (Texas A&M)

DJ Chark (LSU)

D.Pettis (Washington)

D.Fountain (N.Iowa)

B.Pringle (KSU)

Paul Richardson would be a good get if the price is right. I don't think he'll be good value for the contract he's going to get. I think we're better off going cheaper or finding a guy in the draft. 

I still have hope for Zay. Though another season like last and he's probably done. 

On 2/1/2018 at 6:14 PM, sjjr said:

Zay Jones will be a good player and Benjamin is solid.   Need to upgrade the deep speed threat (D.Thompson) and returner (B.Tate) probably.  A few guys who could do both and be upgrades in the draft probably...

C.Kirk (Texas A&M)

DJ Chark (LSU)

D.Pettis (Washington)

D.Fountain (N.Iowa)

B.Pringle (KSU)

I would love to see Chark from ellessuu come here but I doubt he can be had with our first second round pick.

Edited by Misterbluesky

Based on the Bills' apparent plan to stock up on compensatory picks/avoid guys that would cost them picks, I think they should wait around and see if Jordy Nelson and or Dez Bryant are released as some expect and potentially target one of them to play on the outside with Zay moving to the slot.

In the draft, I think DJ Moore is the best WR in the class and assuming he's gone before Buffalo can take him, I like Equanemeous St. Brown as far as the Day 2 WRs go. On Day 3, I like J'Mon Moore if we're talking about an outside guy and Trey Quinn if they want another slot guy.

Being repetitive from page 1..... but Anthony Miller from Memphis is the best receiver in this draft and will be an All-Pro someday. Ridley is close but he will not be available. in Round 2  and Miller may not be available in the late second(if we haven't traded those picks).  I wouldn't mind having both Miller AND Richardson