Let the Broncos or Jets Have Cousins...

Domdab99

...and then the Bills can either trade up with the Broncos to get Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold, or, trade up with the Jets and get Allen/Jackson/Rudolph. 

Or whoever is the guy they like most who's still there. 

Maybe sign McCarron or Bradford as a bridge, or even keep Tryod one more year to groom the new guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Your going to let the Jets have Cousins and give them draft capital for risky draft prospect? That plan has a high probability of us finishing last in the afce.

And what happens if Cousins becomes the next Drew Brees? The guy is just entering his prime, which is usually 29-35 for a QB.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, billspro said:

Your going to let the Jets have Cousins and give them draft capital for risky draft prospect? That plan has a high probability of us finishing last in the afce.

And what happens if Cousins becomes the next Drew Brees? The guy is just entering his prime, which is usually 29-35 for a QB.

I DON'T want Cousins playing for the Jests!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

The Jets are the Jets. Plus, it';s not like we have any control over what the Jets do. Unless we get into a bidding war for Cousins. Not a good idea. 

And if Cousins was going to be Drew Brees, he'd already be there. But I understand where you're coming from. 

Edited by Domdab99

8 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

The Jets are the Jets. Plus, it';s not like we have any control over what the Jets do. Unless we get into a bidding war for Cousins. Not a good idea. 

And if Cousins was going to be Drew Brees, he'd already be there. But I understand where you're coming from. 

I would at least make a pitch to Cousins and if he chooses the Jets over us it is his call, I would not just stay hidden in the background and let the Jets have him. Worst case scenario we drive up his price a bit.

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

Cousins would be foolish to go to the Jets, in my opinion. They have a coach on a short leash and a history of destroying the careers of QB's.

Much like the Bills the past 17 years. Nice to see that the arrow for the Bills seems to be pointing up.

4 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

...and then the Bills can either trade up with the Broncos to get Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold, or, trade up with the Jets and get Allen/Jackson/Rudolph. 

Maybe sign McCarron or Bradford as a bridge, or even keep Tryod one more year to groom the new guy. 

U wanna trade up for 2nd or 3rd day prospect in Rudolph?

I agree.  The best thing that can happen now the Skins have a QB is for one of those teams to get Cousins.  The Jets will be the most likely landing place as they have the most money.

Dream scenario is the Jets signing Cousins, Giants drafting Barkley, Darnold to the Broncos and Mayfield falling to the Bills at 21.

Edited by thenorthremembers

5 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

There’s not much of a gap between Cousins’s last three seasons and Brees’s first three as a starter.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Yeah let the Jets have a franchise quarterback for the next 10 years while we wallow away from QB Purgatory misery.

Are you out of your mind?

McCown and the Jets spanked us one time this season. Yeah, let's hope they get Cousins, Enunwa comes back healthy, Seferian-Jenkins builds on a nice breakout year, add a few more pieces, and Bowles keeps building that defense....sounds great. I'm NOT saying we should throw the bank at Cousins, but I certainly don't hope they get a solid QB for years to come.

Edited by ProcessTheTrust

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Let anyone but us have Cousins please...

Seriously, what is it with Bills fans wanting teams QB sloppy 2nds

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Proven winner??? What has he won?

Hes shown that fan base he CANT WIN clutch games.

Stop being lazy Buffalo. Move up in the draft and take a top 3 prospect at QB.

Id rather invest draft capital in the QB position than all that cap space for a QB that has never won a playoff game and is stastically worse passer in the red zone than Tyrod Taylor

5 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Broncos make the most sense for Cousins. They are built to win now. Cousins makes them a contender. Cousins isn't the type to turn a franchise around but he can be a final piece to a team ready to win now. 

Right. This is the best case scenario for us with the Browns being 2nd.

Just now, FearLess Price said:

Seriously, what is it with Bills fans wanting teams QB sloppy 2nds

Hes shown that fan base he CANT WIN clutch games.

Stop being lazy Buffalo. Move up in the draft and take a top 3 prospect at QB.

Id rather invest draft capital in the QB position than all that cap space for a QB that has never won a playoff game and is stastically worse passer in the red zone than Tyrod Taylor

Exactly to the point.  Sign a bridge QB at a decent price and draft/develop the potential franchise guy.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Exactly to the point.  Sign a bridge QB at a decent price and draft/develop the potential franchise guy.

Hell yeah breh. I would say with Cousins moving to another team McBeane trades up for their guy and we sign, Bradford or McCown to ease the rookie into a starting role. If McCown goes back to NY and Bradford goes to Arizona,  what other bridge QBs could we bring in? Assuming Minny keeps Keenum and TB.

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

Hell yeah breh. I would say with Cousins moving to another team McBeane trades up for their guy and we sign, Bradford or McCown to ease the rookie into a starting role. If McCown goes back to NY and Bradford goes to Arizona,  what other bridge QBs could we bring in? Assuming Minny keeps Keenum and TB.

I think it's either or with MIN. They will not get two of their potential UFA QBs back next year with Bradford, Keenum, and Bridgewater all being starting caliber.

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

I should re-phrase. Proven QB. Hasnt had great teams around him. 

A guy that throws for 4,000 yards and 25-30 TDs every year.

Product of a great system that features a high volume of passing attempts.  He's pretty good, but not a special QB who's going to lift a franchise to great heights.  No thanks!

2 hours ago, jtrip said:

Tyler Steege @TSteegeNFL

4,000 yard seasons:

Kirk Cousins: 3

Alex Smith: 1

Total TD passes last 3 seasons:

Kirk Cousins: 81

Alex Smith: 61

The #Redskins just traded FOR an older QB who isn’t even as good as their current QB.

Bet you the Redskins draft one of the top QBS this year.

why would any Bills fan want to see Cousins playing for the JETS?  

it makes no sense.    

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:
1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Proven winner??? What has he won?

I should re-phrase. Proven QB. Hasnt had great teams around him. 

A guy that throws for 4,000 yards and 25-30 TDs every year.

His name isn't Jimmy Garoppolo  so he sucks.  

Why is it the Taylor fans don't want to see Cousins in Buffalo???  

hmmmmmmm  there has to be a reason .... 

8 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

I was about to like this post until you threw in the “keep Tyrod” comment at the end.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

why would any Bills fan want to see Cousins playing for the JETS?  

it makes no sense.    

His name isn't Jimmy Garoppolo  so he sucks.  

Why is it the Taylor fans don't want to see Cousins in Buffalo???  

hmmmmmmm  there has to be a reason .... 

Because Cousins isnt that good. Hes had a ridiculously good wr and te core for the past few years except 2017-18. When he lost his weapons he couldnt make the playoffs. Cousins is a solid top 15 QB between 15 and 10. We could use that Cousins money to bring in solid talent for our front 7,  and use our draft capital to trade up for Mayfield Rosen or Darnold. I can guaran damn tee you, the Bills will not sign Cousins. Get over it. #BillsDraftRookieQBAfterTradeUp.

Just now, FearLess Price said:

Because Cousins isnt that good. Hes had a ridiculously good wr and te core for the past few years except 2017-18. When he lost his weapons he couldnt make the playoffs. Cousins is a solid top 15 QB between 15 and 10. We could use that Cousins money to bring in solid talent for our front 7,  and use our draft capital to trade up for Mayfield Rosen or Darnold. I can guaran damn tee you, the Bills will not sign Cousins. Get over it. #BillsDraftRookieQBAfterTradeUp.

Save your keystrokes man.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Save your keystrokes man.

The stupidity is overwhelming sometimes. Im a troll but dammnit i know football.

Back to the TB thing. His injury was so severe i dont see any teams giving him a lucrative contract until he can proove he can still play.  Hes gonna have to work his way back up and show the league the injury hasnt dropped his celeing too much

2 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

The stupidity is overwhelming sometimes. Im a troll but dammnit i know football.

Back to the TB thing. His injury was so severe i dont see any teams giving him a lucrative contract until he can proove he can still play.  Hes gonna have to work his way back up and show the league the injury hasnt dropped his celeing too much

I see him getting an incentive laden prove it deal for 2018. 

Jets Cap:  $72,000,000

Bills cap:  $29,000,000 (subject to the mish-mash of releasing TT, but then accounting for Woods dead money).

Cousins contract (in my opinion):  $125,000,000 or more, $75-90 million guaranteed.

City people like to play for:  New York.

City people don't like to play for, unless they are already here or like hunting:  Buffalo.

Not saying he is going to end up there, but as far as the BIlls and Cousins, as my buddy Luke Skywalker always says (or at least used to say "a long time ago"), "This is not going to go the way you think."

Edited by dollars 2 donuts