Source: Major Bills news coming next week

Just now, nucci said:

It doesn't say a recurring injury or someone already hurt.....Some sustained a serious injury...could be anyone......who's at the Pro Bowl?

Shady and Richie.  I have checked Shady's instagram.  The last picture was 11 hours ago which is after the first rumours of "big Bills news" started to leak.... so I think he is probably alright.  

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Incognito and Shady. They were both on NFLN last night, looked fine 

Thanks

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Shady and Richie.  I have checked Shady's instagram.  The last picture was 11 hours ago which is after the first rumours of "big Bills news" started to leak.... so I think he is probably alright.  

Thanks

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

It doesn't say a recurring injury or someone already hurt.....Someone sustained a serious injury...could be anyone......who's at the Pro Bowl?

Unfortunately it’s also a tweet on what is at best a second tier source- so it hard to hang on every word... but I do agree. If it’s a new thing though, it’s legit throwing darts blindfolded at 11+ names (maybe fewer as the guys at the game seem fine)

It says a VERY serious injury so it can't be a lingering ankle or knee injury...my quick guesses:

1) Mike Tolbert fell off the trapeze at "Circus of the Stars" and sustained a broken abdomen

2) Nate Peterman had to have his right arm amputated following a charity "200 Yard Garbage Can" throw...he'll return next year as a south paw.

3) Nick O'Leary and his grandfather were playing in a Pro Am and Nick caught a severely sliced ball in his left eye. Lee Trevino tried to warn Nick by yelling "QUATRO!!!!" The left eye was placed in a cocktail napkin and quickly secured in the beer cart ice chest. 

4 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Kyle's not retiring after getting his first taste of the post-season and seeing how close the Jags came to the SB... and the OP is quite a weird soul.  My source is between my ears.

I mean it is a good point, but honestly, BMHLL, I just wanted to compliment you on your avatar of Lee Marvin as Ben from Paint Your Wagon.

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Unfortunately it’s also a tweet on what is at best a second tier source- so it hard to hang on every word... but I do agree. If it’s a new thing though, it’s legit throwing darts blindfolded at 11+ names (maybe fewer as the guys at the game seem fine)

I'd say 9 because if it was the pro bowlers, we would have heard about it.

The press conference thing is indicating it is an important player. Tyrod was posting stories on Instagram last night. Eric Wood was just added to the Fred Jackson roast next month, can’t imagine it’s him. Richie is at Pro bowl. Cordy, Clay are the only long term Bills I can envision a presser for. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The press conference thing is indicating it is an important player. Tyrod was posting stories on Instagram last night. Eric Wood was just added to the Fred Jackson roast next month, can’t imagine it’s him. Richie is at Pro bowl. Cordy, Clay are the only long term Bills I can envision a presser for. 

Whoever it is, I'd be shocked if it wasn't leaked before Monday 

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Whoever it is, I'd be shocked if it wasn't leaked before Monday 

Without a doubt. Likely known today, which is why I should take my own advice and not just throw names.... I was guilty of just immediately picturing cordy when I saw it as he’s an established guy at a key position with multiple injury issues and a presser sounds like retirement for someone well known 

Edited by NoSaint

how do you get injured in the offseason?  i doubt anyone is training hard yet.  they usually take Jan off.  and who would be important enough to hold a press conference besides Tyrod and Shady?  we know Shady is fine, he is at the pro bowl.  did Tyrod fake an injury to collect some kind of BS settlement that's in his contract knowing that we were going to release him?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Again, this would need to be of significance for it be considered "bearer of bad news", so that really does leave just a couple names: Tyrod, Shady, Clay and Benjamin....honestly, even Glenn would not be surprise unless it's a full on career-ender. Otherwise, for Offense, I don't see it....I like Eric Wood, but even his loss on the team is quite replaceable, and Dawkins, would also be a real step back, but there's still FA and Draft and IF it isn't Glenn, then he can step in when he's healthy next season....so that leaves the four previously mentioned....also, maybe it was a freak accident that happened yesterday? Making Tyrod a candidate as well as the other 3, but as Yolo and others have said Shady is loving life at Pro Bowl, so I doubt it's him....who knows?

Just now, kdiggz said:

how do you get injured in the offseason?  i doubt anyone is training hard yet.  they usually take Jan off.  and who would be important enough to hold a press conference besides Tyrod and Shady?  we know Shady is fine, he is at the pro bowl.  did Tyrod fake an injury to collect some kind of BS settlement that's in his contract knowing that we were going to release him?

There was a UGA football player a few years ago that got injured doing laundry.  He was carrying his laundry basket down steps and somehow tore his ACL.

Jeremy white said there have been some deleted tweets... and refers to it as a “situation” ... the rumor is very bad and they said it will ruin the offseason 

it it sounded like he showed the name to Howard but they didn’t say who it was

Edited by YoloinOhio