Which WRs do the Bills keep - if any

Socal-805

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I suspect we'll see KB, Zay, Thompson, Streater, Holmes, Reilly, and Dupre through camp, plus an FA and maybe a rookie

Sounds about right to me, maybe draft one from rounds 3 to 5. Lot of decent to good ones will probably hit fa too. Someone like moncrief would be good to bring in, down year without luck so might be pretty cheap

4 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Hard to find video of this Kid....

Justin Watson Penn U, 6’3” 215 

Poor mans Cooper Cupp being a smaller school guy, put up great numbers, size, speed, good hand etc.

Thinking 5-7 round potential...

If you want to see him, he will play in the East West Shrine game in a couple weeks.

Here is his high school highlights just to get an idea.... if you’re bored 

Ridley at 21 would be amazing... if he has a big game tonight he may solidify himself closer to #10 overall vs 20 overall.

I'd settle for Kirk in the 2nd if Ridley is gone. Matthews, Benjamin, Thompson, Kirk and Jones would be a top 10 group.

24 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Sounds about right to me, maybe draft one from rounds 3 to 5. Lot of decent to good ones will probably hit fa too. Someone like moncrief would be good to bring in, down year without luck so might be pretty cheap

I like Gabriel & Richardson in FA, and I like Anthony Miller in the draft.

2 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

Assume keeping Zay Jones, : ( , but after that, who do the Bills actually try and keep.

Kelvin Benjamin : NOT for $8.4 mil.

Deonte Thompson ?  He's a nobody, or a warm body I guess.

They are 100% keeping Benjamin.

Beane said he doesn't make the trade if the Panthers didn't pick up the option 

17 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

No thanks on Matthews. His skillset is redundant here. Spend that money on a Paul Richardson or Taylor Gabriel and it'll be better put to use.

I ageee with that.

Lets keep KB, ZJ, DT and kick return and ps guys like tate,  reilly, etc.

Hopefully we bring in some solid WR talent during FA.

17 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

Assume keeping Zay Jones, : ( , but after that, who do the Bills actually try and keep.

From a strictly cap POV, you keep Jones, Benjamin, and probably Holmes at least through TC. 

The nightmare scenario is that Benjamin doesn't recover on schedule from his injury.  His salary is fully guaranteed for injury and becomes fully guaranteed period 1st day league year.

Dare I say, when healthy, I just plain don't hate Buffalo's receiving group.

Healthy Matthews, Benjamin and even Holmes, and than you throw in a growing Jones with Thompson.

Is it stellar?  Of course not.  I just don't think we are in rough shape, especially if we are able to sign Matthews on the cheap for a one year deal (maybe even as high as $6 million). 

8 minutes ago, hemma said:

May offer Matthews a decent 1 year contract and give him a chance to rehab his career.

Had some tough luck right out of the gate.  I'd like to keep him at least for a full year.

I know they probably really wanted the 3rd round pick for Darby, but you have to think they also made the trade with Matthews in mind for more than a rental. Seems like the McDermott/Beane type of player - captain and 4 year starter in college. 

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Dare I say, when healthy, I just plain don't hate Buffalo's receiving group.

Healthy Matthews, Benjamin and even Holmes, and than you throw in a growing Jones with Thompson.

Is it stellar?  Of course not.  I just don't think we are in rough shape, especially if we are able to sign Matthews on the cheap for a one year deal (maybe even as high as $6 million). 

Exactly. Imagine Benjamin/Matthews/Jones/Thompson/Holmes as WR1-5 with any above average, let alone good or great, QB. That's a deep group with which any QB worth his salt should be able to produce. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

17 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

No thanks on Matthews. His skillset is redundant here. Spend that money on a Paul Richardson or Taylor Gabriel and it'll be better put to use.

Agreed. I like your idea on Richardson and Gabriel, they would be perfect compliments to Benjamin and Jones. Hell, I wouldn't mind them going all out and getting Allen Robinson

14 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I know they probably really wanted the 3rd round pick for Darby, but you have to think they also made the trade with Matthews in mind for more than a rental. Seems like the McDermott/Beane type of player - captain and 4 year starter in college. 

Exactly. Imagine Benjamin/Matthews/Jones/Thompson/Holmes as WR1-5 with any above average, let alone good or great, QB. That's a deep group with which any QB worth his salt should be able to produce. 

You know what as well,  JBR, it isn't even an expensive group.

Jumping-jiminey, can you imagine Benjamin and Matthews on this team for a combined total of 14.5 million in 2018?

Can you imagine selling that to a bridge QB coming in or even a young QB you are drafting? 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

18 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

Deonte....

He stood out to me as having a really lousey game v Jax. 

The horriblehold on the big shady run, cut off his route before the sticks to miss a third down conversion, his rather non-crisp comeback didn’t help the Ramsey INT at the end... 

there RW were a number of other minor things too that left me very unhappy with him. 

Kelvin - I just don’t know what to make of him. He’s a specimen to be sure, but sooooooo slow (hopefully temporarily, due to the bad wheel) he only pairs well with a QB that goes to him no matter how open he isn’t.  But I think that wr style takes a big toll on the body. 

I still like Mathews with a different QB (which I think we have all accepted is foregone) but it sounds like he’s already a sure departure... 

28 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Deonte....

He stood out to me as having a really lousey game v Jax. 

The horriblehold on the big shady run, cut off his route before the sticks to miss a third down conversion, his rather non-crisp comeback didn’t help the Ramsey INT at the end... 

there RW were a number of other minor things too that left me very unhappy with him. 

Kelvin - I just don’t know what to make of him. He’s a specimen to be sure, but sooooooo slow (hopefully temporarily, due to the bad wheel) he only pairs well with a QB that goes to him no matter how open he isn’t.  But I think that wr style takes a big toll on the body. 

I still like Mathews with a different QB (which I think we have all accepted is foregone) but it sounds like he’s already a sure departure... 

I hope they don't extend Benjamin with some $10M-$15M per year deal.    He's a potentially very good complimentary WR but your #1 WR really has to get open and be able to make big plays.   He's more of a station-to-station guy.   He'd get no RAC with Rodgers or Brady as his QB let alone whomever the Bills trot out there.

18 hours ago, davspo said:

We have to keep Zay but I have seen enough to label him a bust!

He def needs to find some hands in the offseason. Crazy that he was known for his hands in college.

Or get some better gloves.