Which WRs do the Bills keep - if any

Socal-805

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I suspect we'll see KB, Zay, Thompson, Streater, Holmes, Reilly, and Dupre through camp, plus an FA and maybe a rookie

I honestly would not be shocked to see this, plus them trying to retain Matthews, whose value will be fairly low after a season out on injury. 

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I honestly would not be shocked to see this, plus them trying to retain Matthews, whose value will be fairly low after a season out on injury. 

Tough time for him to be a free agent. If he is healthy, he could be a reasonably priced option.

If they got a new QB, I'd hope to see Benjamin, Matthews, and Thompson all return.

We used (wasted) a 2nd round pick on Zay Jones (and we traded up to get him), so given that alone it's obvious he has to stay on. We just have to hope he gets MUCH better.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

Assume keeping Zay Jones, : ( , but after that, who do the Bills actually try and keep.

Kelvin Benjamin : NOT for $8.4 mil.

Deonte Thompson ?  He's a nobody, or a warm body I guess.

Kelvin's a keeper, you don't trade for a guy mid season who is under contract the following year and just cut him. We might sign him to an extension that might be more cap friendly but again we aren't losing him. I could see us also bringing back Thompson and then drafting a slot/kick return guy in the middle rounds. Holmes is still under contract so could be back, Steater will compete for a spot too and maybe they'll add a veteran return man (maybe Tate since the team loves him) but he could be upgraded for a more complete guy.

7 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

No thanks on Matthews. His skillset is redundant here. Spend that money on a Paul Richardson or Taylor Gabriel and it'll be better put to use.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

No thanks on Matthews. His skillset is redundant here. Spend that money on a Paul Richardson or Taylor Gabriel and it'll be better put to use.

After the trade for Benjamin Matthews doesnt really add anything to the roster that is not their already.  The team needs speed at Wr.  Slot or wide doesnt matter they need a guy to get deep.  

KB and Thompson compliment each other well.  You need a speed guy and a possession guy.  It's not like Thompson will break the bank anyways.  Zay can work in and get experience.  Tate didn't help himself out and can go.  Mathews isn't worth what he'd probably want to sign.

9 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

If they got a new QB, I'd hope to see Benjamin, Matthews, and Thompson all return.

We used (wasted) a 2nd round pick on Zay Jones (and we traded up to get him), so given that alone it's obvious he has to stay on. We just have to hope he gets MUCH better.

He will be better. His QB was not very good.