Tyrod deserves a huge THANK YOU!

Punt75

12 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Feel better? Many of us think he should go we just don't want to be snarky about it.

I didn't think Major's response was snarky at all.  Heck the way I feel about Tyrod's play today I have to keep my comments to myself, because momma said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  

I want Tyrod's time here to be over.  We know what he can and can't do.  Even if we have to endure growing pains with a rookie QB at the helm, even if we have to suffer through another 9-7 or 8-8 season with a bridge QB, both of those options I will gladly take vs watching Tyrod pass for 134, 56, 171 yards in a complete game, refusing to throw to any receiver that isn't open by 10 yards.  God bless him wherever he goes, and I hope he's okay.  But his time here must be done.

24 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I agree. He has a lot of class, a lot of heart, he's a great teammate and has talent. But he's just not going to be any more than he is, and frankly we need more. 

+1, well said.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I appreciate his efforts but I just hated the results. Goodbye Ty....at least I won't have to yell at my TV " throw the damn ball".....anymore

While I’m totally ready to move on.... there’s a lot worse things to yell at the qb that we’ve endured and if we are unlucky, just may have to again. Be careful what you wish for. 

Thanks Tyrod, for being a consummate professionial and doing just enough to have us dancin in January. He’ll Always have that. ....... and now we just need to part ways and move on. 

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I appreciate his efforts but I just hated the results. Goodbye Ty....at least I won't have to yell at my TV " throw the damn ball".....anymore

Almost lost my voice today telling him where to throw the ball, just about all game long. End of the game watching him look at the quick out wide open and not throwing it almost cost my TV and Bills Gnomb their lives. Given he actually saw the wide open receiver...

I appreciate Tyrod working hard, being a solid guy and raising the level of play from he predecessors (EJ & Cassel).  I appreciate him navigating the NFL with Rex as his head coach (not an easy task).  There are many players in the NFL that get paid and from what I've heard, do not work as hard at Tyrod, so I thank him for being a true professional and I appreciate him not being the type of man that would be an embarrassment to Buffalo.

Considering salary cap and the numerous other needs that the Bills have, I would not be appalled seeing him return instead of overpaying for Alex Smith, or Cousins.  I don't know if there will be a veteran improvement at QB in his price range.  If so, I'd consider options.  Since Dennison does not seem to be able to maximize Tyrod's strengths, I think it is best for Taylor to look elsewhere.

Watching him play, I think Tyrod plays safe, tries to keep from mistakes that will cost him his job knowing that he does not have a real challenge to him as a starter.  Now that the Bills have made some positive strides, I want more.  I want a QB that will challenge defenses and allow the cast around him to make plays.  I commented to my friend today how often Tyrod throws balls slightly behind receivers making clean catches difficult.  Watching how well Cam and Brees throw the ball slightly ahead of their receivers who would then get yards after the catch was notable.

Thanks Tyrod for all you've done.  Buffalo has ended the drought and feels a great sigh of relief, but I want more.  We all want more.  

14 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

It's sadly not surprising that the CoTH has taken this thread as another opportunity to bash Tyrod. (Is there a punchbowl you're not willing to piss in?) Personally, I hope to see him in a Bills uni next season. I hope we draft a QB in the 1st, and keep Tyrod as the vet mentor/early-season starter. 

Anyone who wants Taylor in a Bills uniform next year is a Masochist 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Success said:

I hate that some deride him.

He is a tough dude and gave his all today.  He may not be the guy going forward, but we didn’t lose because of him today.  He has only ever worked hard and given his all.

The absolutely lost because of TT today. What game were some people watching?

20 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

It's sadly not surprising that the CoTH has taken this thread as another opportunity to bash Tyrod. (Is there a punchbowl you're not willing to piss in?) Personally, I hope to see him in a Bills uni next season. I hope we draft a QB in the 1st, and keep Tyrod as the vet mentor/early-season starter. 

Where are people dogging on TT. Grow a thick skin jesus

First, I would like to thank Tyrod for being a class guy, and doing his best for as long as he did.

Second, let's remember, Tyrod didn't hire himself to be the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills.

He was asked to come here, and he did.

He was asked to compete for the job, and won,  and was given the starting QB job.

He was given a salary of something like $18 million dollars, because that's what OBD thought he was worth.

He agreed to take a pay cut this year, and he did.

How can people bash the guy for that?

Tyrod deserves better than what some of you are dishing out.

2 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

First, I would like to thank Tyrod for being a class guy, and doing his best for as long as he did.

Second, let's remember, Tyrod didn't hire himself to be the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills.

He was asked to compete for the job, and won,  and was given the starting QB job.

He was given a salary of something like $18 million dollars, because that's what OBD thought he was worth.

Where is he being bashed 

He said better than most give him credit for but he’s not good enough.  Thanks TT.  I enjoyed watching you run around and do things other QBs can’t.  Just wish you could’ve done more things good QBs do.  Move the chains and score TDs

I like Tyrod and would have loved to see him succeed in a Bills uniform.  He has a lot of the qualities one would want in their starting QB.  Unfortunately, the ability to play the position in today's NFL isn't one of them.  There were times he was fun to watch...and other times when it was just excruciating.  For those good times...and playing well enough to help the team get into the playoffs this year...I thank him as well.  Likely he will be gone after this season.  Perhaps he'll go to a team with more offensive talent and an OC that can design an offense around his skill set.  

I won't blame him for today's loss any more than any of the other offensive players who failed to make plays when they had opportunities, or who committed untimely penalties that killed drives.  They just didn't get the job done today.  

There's a lot that needs fixing in the off season...but also a lot to build on.  Go Bills!

56 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He's a class guy for sure and I wish him the best..but his time here is over.

classiest moron ever to qb for the bills,  too dumb to know he cant just keep throwing 2 yarders and play little ball all game long in an easily winnable game.  not a total turd like edwards was but a turd nonetheless.  goodbye tightwad,  hope I never have to watch you ruin another bills game again.

32 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

Get your head out of the sand. He gets bashed because he’s not that good. I don’t care that he’s a nice guy or took a pay cut. I care about being able to consistently win football games.

Edited by Bangarang

1 hour ago, Punt75 said:

Tyrod took a beating today.  He got up off the ground when many others wouldn’t have.  His heart is with the Buffalo Bills. He’s a well spoken man and a great representative of Buffalo the city and the Bills.  Have you ever heard or read of a negative issue (on or off-field) with Tyrod?

He’s a great athlete but not necessarily the prototype of a successful QB in the NFL.  He did his BEST!  I know he wanted more.

THANK YOU TYROD !!!

I can get on board with this.  Thank you is right.   The guy is a player.  

6 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I can get on board with this.  Thank you is right.   The guy is a player.  

Thank you for the comment.  I respect your Bills knowledge.  Too many little people on the boards expect NFL football to be like a video game.

The mouthbreathers are out in full force tonight. 

I hope he's back with a forward thinking offensive coach, a decent receiver or two and a line that can pass block. That's probably not going to happen though so if he's gone, next year is going to be a write-off.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

The mouthbreathers are out in full force tonight. 

I hope he's back with a forward thinking offensive coach, a decent receiver or two and a line that can pass block. That's probably not going to happen though so if he's gone, next year is going to be a write-off.

But but this year was a writeoffnand what happened. 

19 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Get your head out of the sand. He gets bashed because he’s not that good. I don’t care that he’s a nice guy or took a pay cut. I care about being able to consistently win football games.

The point is, you're bashing the wrong person/s

The management at OBD went out and found Tyrod, and gave him the job.

His game hasn't changed since he got here.

He is what he is, and you're complaining about him, like it's his fault he's the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills.

Who gave him this job ?

Who were the other QB candidates that he beat out for the job ?

How has Tyrod managed to keep his job for 3 years ?

Tyrod is just being Tyrod and everybody is complaining he's not good enough.

When are you people going to get smart and realize the problem isn't Tyrod ?

The problem is the sh** organization running this show that put him there and left him there for 3 years !

And why isn't there the same level of disgust for the O Line, the D Line, the LB's and WR's ?

They all stink too !

Who's running this ship ?

That's where the problem lies.

Now, let's see how long it takes for this thread to be taken down.

1 hour ago, Punt75 said:

Tyrod took a beating today.  He got up off the ground when many others wouldn’t have.  His heart is with the Buffalo Bills. He’s a well spoken man and a great representative of Buffalo the city and the Bills.  Have you ever heard or read of a negative issue (on or off-field) with Tyrod?

He’s a great athlete but not necessarily the prototype of a successful QB in the NFL.  He did his BEST!  I know he wanted more.

THANK YOU TYROD !!!

Don't care... Trent Edwards was a nice guy too. We're trying to win championships, not hearts and minds through 8-8 or 9-7 seasons with quarterbacks who can't be bothered to take risks to win games and who would rather protect their stat line.

Later Tyrod... no offense, nothing personal, but you've gotta go. We need a better QB at the helm.

2 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

He is what he is, and you're complaining about him, like it's his fault he's the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills.

Who gave him this job ?

The problem is the sh** organization running this show that put him there and left him there for 3 years !

And why isn't there the same level of disgust for the O Line, the D Line, the LB's and WR's ?

They all stink too !

Our WR's ARE GOOD ENOUGH... they were FREAKING OPEN ALL DAMN DAY AND HE MISSED THEM!!!!!!!

It IS TYROD'S FAULT, for God's sake... and like any other QB, he was given an opportunity! He failed at his opportunity, and now he is gone. That's how it works... you don't simply start a guy for just one season and then get rid of him, unless you are the Browns.

Now, it will all be over soon and we can get better... finally.

I'll thank him.  He's tough as nails and was clearly a well-liked leader on this team.  He played a part in ending the drought, don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. He's not the right fit going forward, but I wish him the best and hope he finds a spot somewhere else, and that we do everything possible this offseason to upgrade QB.

9 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Don't care... Trent Edwards was a nice guy too. We're trying to win championships, not hearts and minds through 8-8 or 9-7 seasons with quarterbacks who can't be bothered to take risks to win games and who would rather protect their stat line.

Later Tyrod... no offense, nothing personal, but you've gotta go. We need a better QB at the helm.

Our WR's ARE GOOD ENOUGH... they were FREAKING OPEN ALL DAMN DAY AND HE MISSED THEM!!!!!!!

The recievers this year Sucked! They are not good enough. IIRC the tight end lhad the most receiving yards. 

Even if Joe Montana was throwing too them.  They still would have sucked. Benjamin gets a pass, he is hurt

Shady is a running back. .

The rest are 2 stringers or worse on the few solid NFL Contenders. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

Who gave him this job ?

They all stink too !

The clowns that brought him here and stuck with him for 2 years are fired. I don’t blame the current staff for seeing what they have and if a change in scheme could work for him. That’s part of the evaluation process for first year coaches. They are clearly not satisfied and will likely move on. The problem has always been that Tyrod is not that good.

27 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

Who gave him this job ?

They all stink too !

That's a pretty weak argument.

You can say that about every player in the league then... "It's not their fault they're playing, it's the people who hired them for the job!" 

"Don't criticize them for being bad, don't point out their limitations, ignore their play on the field, just yell at those in management game after game for signing them!"

That literally applies to anyone & everyone playing the sport.