The Bills won today because (Karma reasons only)

Just Jack

Way back in May 2000, I found an online poll about the NFL.  This website said that if you answered the questions, they would send you an offical NFL t-shirt from the team of your choice.

The next month I moved my family to Washington State and low and behold, there was my new shirt waiting for me on our doorstep when we arrived.  (June 8th, 2000)  I was psyched.  It was an awesome shirt... white, with the charging Bills logo.  I wound up wearing that shirt everywhere.  

Well, finally this past year I had a thought.

I realised that the Bills drought began when I received that "free" shirt.  

Was it really "free", or was it kinda like making a deal with the devil? There's always a price to pay.

The night before this season's first game, I told my wife and kids that I was going to burn that shirt, and lift the playoff curse.

I lit a fire in the fireplace and threw the damn thing in there.  (My wife and kids thought I lost it.)

Is this the reason why the Bills are finally going to the playoffs??

I say, "Hell Yeah!"

What did YOU do to help end the playoff drought??

(It could also have been because I attended my first summer Bills camp, while I was in the States this past summer.)

Let's go Buffalo!!!!!

Edited by Bad Things
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I shaved off my mustache after the Ravens scored and when the dolphins recovered the onside kick and then laid down on my bed upstairs only viewing this message board until the Bengals game went to zeroes while my wife cheered alone downstairs with our friends. 

I used the coozie for my Diet Coke (you alll know i can’t drink during games) that I got as a favor at a wedding I went to in Cincy of two Bengals fans. I’ve never used it before because it’s cheap and sucks, but I used it today. Thank you Jordan & Joe! 

Edited by YoloinOhio

No bills gear worn. In fact, that should have been a given for any self-respecting bills fan.

i also refused to talk or text about playoffs after the bengals scored the winning TD

but before the end of the game. I made that mistake right before the music city miracle (was trying to check playoff schedule for the following week right before the play occurred). 

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

No bills gear worn. In fact, that should have been a given for any self-respecting bills fan.

i also refused to talk or text about playoffs after the bengals scored the winning TD

but before the end of the game. I made that mistake right before the music city miracle (was trying to check playoff schedule for the following week right before the play occurred). 

Well we lose when I don't rock my gear so I wore my lucky bills sweater

I didn't start a karma thread and I also wore a Bills shirt and hat that I'd never worn before.

Yes, I'll be wearing them next week!

ALSO ... during the Bengals' game winning drive, right before the TD, I was standing next to the couch.  My dog, Chloe, was sitting on the couch and I was petting her head saying, "thing Bengals, Chloe, think Bengals."  Next play ... touchdown.

Chloe is why the Bills are going to the playoffs.

Chloe.

Edited by Gugny

I always watch the games at home, in my recliner, with my wife and my son.  Very safe, controlled environment.  Tonight we had committed to a NYE party at a friend’s house, and I was dreading it because (living in VT) I knew I would be surrounded by Patriots fans.  These people were all friends/acquaintances of ours, but I was still dreading it.  

I was amazed, as all these people watched the game along with my wife and I, and cheered just as hard as us during the big moments.  I think, even as soulless degenerate pats fans go, they could understand and feel the emotion of the moment for me.  My wife had tears rolling down her cheeks, and I was choking them back.  It was pretty cool.

2 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Way back in May 2000, I found an online poll about the NFL.  This website said that if you answered the questions, they would send you an offical NFL t-shirt from the team of your choice.

The next month I moved my family to Washington State and low and behold, there was my new shirt waiting for me on our doorstep when we arrived.  (June 8th, 2000)  I was psyched.  It was an awesome shirt... white, with the charging Bills logo.  I wound up wearing that shirt everywhere.  

Well, finally this past year I had a thought.

I realised that the Bills drought began when I received that "free" shirt.  

Was it really "free", or was it kinda like making a deal with the devil? There's always a price to pay.

The night before this season's first game, I told my wife and kids that I was going to burn that shirt, and lift the playoff curse.

I lit a fire in the fireplace and threw the damn thing in there.  (My wife and kids thought I lost it.)

Is this the reason why the Bills are finally going to the playoffs??

I say, "Hell Yeah!"

What did YOU do to help end the playoff drought??

(It could also have been because I attended my first summer Bills camp, while I was in the States this past summer.)

Let's go Buffalo!!!!!

Awesome story!

I have a box of Flutie Flakes that I only take out for big games (i.e - not many) . Maybe I was lazy, maybe I was expecting the worst (scratch that, I was).

Whatever,  I didn't add it to the shrine of Bills stuff today in front of the TV today. I worried that my sloth might lead to a loss, but it didn't.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Eat the cereal,  burn the box, leave it where it is? I'm all in for whatever it takes to stop the new drought.....our last playoff win since 1995 if I'm not mistaken!

The bills won today b/c I didn't bother studying playoff odds, buying into the hype, or thinking we had a shot in hell at making the playoffs.  I maintained a nice calmness leading up until game time today...when I got nervous as hell!

Had I convinced myself a month ago that it would all work out in the end in our favor, we would never have made the playoffs and I would have been devastated after the game today.

:lol:

I will be repeating the same thing for the playoff game! 

I think some good karma has to do with many of us not being able to read Sully's or Bucky's negative drivel all year.

The negativity that they constantly spew only leads to bad karma.

Thank you Buffalo News from shielding us from these jerks!

How's this for Karma----Bills beat Jags with or without McCoy. NFL live already writing Bills off.

Then we go to New England. Of course all the talking heads will be licking NE's boots. Bills get screwed out of a TD on a BS call, yet we hang in there & upset the Pats !!!

It was the first Bills season since my Mom passed away in early July...she was a huge Bills fan and we used to watch the games together every week since I was a little kid, and in the years I was away from home we always talked every Sunday after the games...

She is smiling down on me and I'd like to think she put in a good word with the man upstairs for all us Bills fans...

• Like (+1) 2

I was out with the family yesterday and we were in Coloma CA where gold was discovered. There was a museum and gift shop there and I saw a pair of gold nugget earrings my wife liked alot.  I snuck back in and bought them. I wanted to spend the day watching the game but instead did the right thing and went out with everyone and DVR'd the game. Those two huge Karma items is why we won yesterday. I had to keep off the radio phone internet etc until 7 pm and I got a chance to watch it all unfold.

I did it for TBD!!!! We were due. Your Welcome.

14 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

It was the first Bills season since my Mom passed away in early July...she was a huge Bills fan and we used to watch the games together every week since I was a little kid, and in the years I was away from home we always talked every Sunday after the games...

She is smiling down on me and I'd like to think she put in a good word with the man upstairs for all us Bills fans...

Winner. Thanks Mom.