Anyone surprised we didn't go after Gronk ?

Iron Maiden

For the last few weeks, there were several threads on how we were going to get back at him....on how the " hood " wanted to exact revenge.....None of that happened yesterday....Gronk ended up having his typical game....and no one got up in his face.....

Are you on the side of " let's be the bigger team " or are you upset and surprised there were no repercussions?

1 minute ago, Iron Maiden said:

For the last few weeks, there were several threads on how we were going to get back at him....on how the " hood " wanted to exact revenge.....None of that happened yesterday....Gronk ended up having his typical game....and no one got up in his face.....

Are you on the side of " let's be the bigger team " or are you upset and surprised there were no repercussions?

it's not a matter of being 'the bigger team'. It was a stupid thought to try to exact revenge by hurting Gronk. This isn't something that needs to be part of sports. We would have looked like fools if we tried something.

Absolutely not shocked at all. I would have been far more shocked if they HAD done anything. The Bills are the Pats whipping boys and seldom even belong on the same field with them over the past 17 years. The Bills bend over and take it year after year after year. With more coming until Brady finally goes the fu_k away  

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

it's not a matter of being 'the bigger team'. It was a stupid thought to try to exact revenge by hurting Gronk. This isn't something that needs to be part of sports. We would have looked like fools if we tried something.

I tend to agree with you...I was curious to see where fans stood after seeing many threads calling for us to go after him....

4 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Gronk is a douchebag.... I personally don't want his a** here.

I think you misunderstood what I meant....

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

With the playoffs on the line, the smart thing was to not risk getting anyone suspended.  Next year though, all bets are off.

Pretty much this here. We can't risk suspension when all the chips are on the table next week.

6 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

I think you misunderstood what I meant....

Nah, I was being facetious... Either way, he's a scumbag, and probably not worth the fine... Brady on the other hand...:)

Edited by #34fan
clean-up

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Pretty much this here. We can't risk suspension when all the chips are on the table next week.

Totally not true. Bills have zero pass rush anyways. They could afford a backup DL to take a headshot at Brady. Heck the way he's playing, I'd be fine with Hughes doing the dirty work. They don't really have any stars in the front 7. 

3 minutes ago, Success said:

It would have been the ultimate stupidity to do that.  What can they hope for if they make that part of the plan?  End his season?  End his career?

It’s a Rex move.  Glad and proud they didn’t go that way

Agreed....But we all saw the multiple threads the last few weeks asking exactly for that.....how are those fans feeling today ?

Edited by Iron Maiden

6 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Agreed....But we all saw the multiple threads the last few weeks asking exactly for that.....how are those fans feeling today ?

Still wish they would have done the same or similar to Brady as RG did to White. Regardless of the outcome . 

Edited by Boatdrinks

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

No, there’s a code of honor.

Exactly - while I know that FANS hate other teams and develop intense rivalries, players are just workers, going to work, at their job.  They know that at any moment they might be shipped another team, so to deliberately target one player for injury would be stupid. 

Do emotions fly causing fights?  Sure.  But NO player wants to see another get injured - most know how lucky they are to play in the league, period.

Look at what happened when Cadet got hurt - there were Pats players coming over to wish him well, not to say "Good, you Buffalo jerk!".

And taking the question the other way - knowing what we know now, um, YES would should have gone after him in the draft!  Though IIRC he had back injuries that caused several teams to stay away from him...

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Our fines and suspensions are 10x what they would get.

Nope. The NFL set precedent with the Gronkowski hit, which by definition was completely different than the other suspensions around the league that week as it was after the play. Yet RG got exactly what JJSS got for an illegal block.They can't just go 10X what Gronkowski got. The players union would never stand for it and would argue it's the exact same thing he did to White. That's not how a union works. Let's say a Bills player with no disciplinary history hits Brady after the play. They must argue for the player based on past discipline meted out in similar situations. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nope. The union and the NFL set precedent with the Gronkowski hit, which by definition was completely different than the other suspensions around the league that week as it was after the play. Yet RG got exactly what JJSS got for an illegal block.They can't just go 10X what Gronkowski got. The players union would never stand for it and would argue it's the exact same thing he did to White. 

LOL.

I hate to break it to you but you don't really own that bridge you "bought" in Brooklyn.

1 hour ago, Iron Maiden said:

Not surprised.

Thus sayeth McD, vengeance is mine, I will repay.

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Not shocked at all. This team is soft like their coach who kicked a FG on 4th&1 down by 7 to the greatest QB to ever play.

McDermott has crashed on my approval rating as the year has progressed. 

McD is some sort of a cross between Dick Jauron and greg Williams.....we know how both of them did.......

1 hour ago, Iron Maiden said:

I'd rather have my team act like professionals rather than a bunch of thugish punks. We aren't the Seahawks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1