CNN losing credibility as each day passes... Its pure propaganda at this point

CNN is in an all-out war with Trump 24/7. The suit isn't supposed to have merit.  It's just another attack/attention getter and losing won't slow down CNN.  Until it really hurts their business it will continue.  For now they have a large potential audience of Trump haters who use CNN like an emotional support pet.  

42 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Those must have been done on a keyboard designed for a person with ten thumbs, right? I was going to highlight "have doesn't" and ask you if you meant half dozen but realized that your entire post deserved highlighting because WTF?

Voice to text. I didn't proofread before getting interrupted before I wouldn't have proof read anyway. ??‍♂️

45 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

CNN is in an all-out war with Trump 24/7. The suit isn't supposed to have merit.  It's just another attack/attention getter and losing won't slow down CNN.  Until it really hurts their business it will continue.  For now they have a large potential audience of Trump haters who use CNN like an emotional support pet.  

They have to do something. CNN is losing a ratings war with Nickelodeon reruns.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter note, was listening to Dan Abrams on the radio on the way home today. He was talking about the Acosta lawsuit. One of his callers actually stated that Acosta having his press credentials revoked was like 1936 Germany.

Liberal logic: Idiot 'journalist' having his White House pass taken leads to extermination camps across the nation!

It's not quite Lithium-in-the-drinking-water stupid, but it damn sure was the most idiotic thing I heard today.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Koko78 said:

They have to do something. CNN is losing a ratings war with Nickelodeon reruns.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter note, was listening to Dan Abrams on the radio on the way home today. He was talking about the Acosta lawsuit. One of his callers actually stated that Acosta having his press credentials revoked was like 1936 Germany.

Liberal logic: Idiot 'journalist' having his White House pass taken leads to extermination camps across the nation!

It's not quite Lithium-in-the-drinking-water stupid, but it damn sure was the most idiotic thing I heard today.

and the call screener moved that caller to the front of the line. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll say it again...while there are obviously members of the press that are brave and put themselves in harm's way to deliver a story--they are few and far between.  These people are so fragile and self-aggrandizing it's laughable.  Shut up, Jimbo, give the microphone back, Jimbo, you having to report from the manure pile next to the landscaping shed on the WH grounds will remind you that you're  just another monkey in the zoo full of really dumb monkeys. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1

CNN's Jim Acosta on Inauguration Day: I Feel Like I Should Pinch Myself Right Now

Never heard Jim so happy.

He doesn't deserve the credential - he's not reporting, he's protesting.

Big difference.

Edited by Albwan
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/13/2018 at 1:55 PM, GG said:

Not just all outlets, but specific people from those outlets.

So he gets the spot in a room.  I don't see what that gains him.  Trump can simply never call on him to ask a question. 

I am rather disappointed in Trump on this though.  At the start of the conference, he could have simply stated, everyone will be allowed just ONE question.  That is the rule.  When someone tried the old two question over-ride, he could have stopped them and said.  We have a procedure in place to allow the maximum number of reporters to get questions answered.  Obviously you feel you are above the rest as you don't want to abide by the rules.   This is exactly like having a procedure in place which allows immigration.  Some follow the rules but others place themselves above those that follow the rules and believe they should be given preference.  In fact, they are cheating those who follow the procedure from there lawful opportunity.

I wonder how the MSM would react to something like that.

Edited by Greybeard

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

So he gets the spot in a room.  I don't see what that gains him.  Trump can simply never call on him to ask a question. 

And Acosta will just yell out his questions, heckle the President, and be even more disruptive than he was before, but now with a court order enabling him.

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

I am rather disappointed in Trump on this though.  At the start of the conference, he could have simply stated, everyone will be allowed just ONE question.

And Acosta would just yell out his questions, heckle the President, and be disruptive.

Acosta, in fact, inhibits freedom of the press, because he interferes with the rest of the press corps' ability to do their jobs.  On that principle alone, he should be banned from the White House.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

And Acosta will just yell out his questions, heckle the President, and be even more disruptive than he was before, but now with a court order enabling him.

And Acosta would just yell out his questions, heckle the President, and be disruptive.

Acosta, in fact, inhibits freedom of the press, because he interferes with the rest of the press corps' ability to do their jobs.  On that principle alone, he should be banned from the White House.

Lol, ya, they might ask him if people need ID to buy cereal. What a joke this president is. 

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Acosta is just trying to get President Trump to give him a big payoff to silence him. Too bad Avanetti isn’t available. 

Apparently Avenatti is experimenting with other ways to silence people.

22 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'll say it again...while there are obviously members of the press that are brave and put themselves in harm's way to deliver a story--they are few and far between.  These people are so fragile and self-aggrandizing it's laughable.  Shut up, Jimbo, give the microphone back, Jimbo, you having to report from the manure pile next to the landscaping shed on the WH grounds will remind you that you're  just another monkey in the zoo full of really dumb monkeys. 

Only one reporter was brave enough to put himself in harm's way.

punchUSE.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

CNN promoted Acosta’s antics for ratings, and other media were largely silent. Now the press as a whole may pay the legal price if Trump prevails in the court battle over Acosta’s press pass.

Trump-Acosta-press-conference-e154231306

“Bad facts make bad law” is a common saying. What that means is that bad facts in a specific case can create legal precedent that is damaging to others, not just the bad actor in the case.

Nowhere is that more clear than in the pending motion by Jim Acosta and CNN, publicly supported by over a dozen major media outlets, requesting a Temporary Restraining Order and Preliminary Injunction forcing the White House to restore Acosta’s press “hard pass.” The court is scheduled to rule Friday, November 16, at 10 a.m.

(more…)

• Like (+1) 1

There's virtually no mention of Avanatti at all on Yahoo.

CNN has a small story about Stormy saying she will dismiss

Avanatti if the charges are true,  MSNBC is the best of all...

Michael Avenatti appears to blame Jacob Wohl for domestic violence arrest 

So he's blaming it on conspiracy theory involving a right wing conspiracy theorist.

The lame stream media is amazing.

Edited by Albwan

1 minute ago, Albwan said:

There's virtually almost no mention of Avanatti at all on Yahoo.

CNN has a small story about Stormy saying she will dismiss

Avanatti if the charges are true,  MSNBC is the best of all...

Michael Avenatti appears to blame Jacob Wohl for domestic violence arrest 

So he's blaming it on conspiracy theory involving a right wing conspiracy theorist.

The lame stream media is amazing.

And yet you find time to thinking about it, logging on, and writing about it.....

1 hour ago, dubs said:

CNN hasn’t had any credibility for a while now, if I was trump I’d let Acosta back in and just never call on him. Tell SHS to do the same. 

Judge is ruling on this tomorrow I believe?  It's a very important case IMO.  If the judge rules in CNN's favor, it will make it very difficult for press white house access to be lifted in the future.  If on the other hand the judge upholds the White House decision, the media in the White House probably adopts a bit more civil tone when in the press room. 

Can't imagine the judge ruling in CNN's favor but we get legal surprises all the time now. 

Edited by keepthefaith

I wonder what a press credential looks like. Is there fine print on it, like a hockey game ticket?

Does it say that it is revocable at the sole option of the White House?

Is there any other paperwork or "terms of use" that the bearer must agree to abide by?

Is it like a driver's license?

It ought to be like any or all those things. I'd be surprised if it isn't. If there's no "fine print" or other rules attendant to it, then I don't envy the Judge. He's going to get criticized whichever way he goes. 

28 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Judge is ruling on this tomorrow I believe?  It's a very important case IMO.  If the judge rules in CNN's favor, it will make it very difficult for press white house access to be lifted in the future.  If on the other hand the judges upholds the whitehouse decision, the media in the White House probably adopts a bit more civil tone when in the press room. 

Can't imagine the judge ruling in CNN's favor but we get legal surprises all the time now. 

I agree with all that. 

Just so so pathetic what government/politics has become. I include the media in that because there are very few outlets that don’t have an obvious vested stake in politics. 

The country really needs Libertarians now more than ever. Only thing I think that can reverse this mess. 

35 minutes ago, snafu said:

I wonder what a press credential looks like. Is there fine print on it, like a hockey game ticket?

Does it say that it is revocable at the sole option of the White House?

Is there any other paperwork or "terms of use" that the bearer must agree to abide by?

Is it like a driver's license?

It ought to be like any or all those things. I'd be surprised if it isn't. If there's no "fine print" or other rules attendant to it, then I don't envy the Judge. He's going to get criticized whichever way he goes. 

Yes, you'd think there would be some code of conduct requirement on the part of the press but someone would argue that suppresses free speech. 

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Judge is ruling on this tomorrow I believe?  It's a very important case IMO.  If the judge rules in CNN's favor, it will make it very difficult for press white house access to be lifted in the future.  If on the other hand the judge upholds the White House decision, the media in the White House probably adopts a bit more civil tone when in the press room. 

If the judge orders the White House to reinstate him, the answer is simple: There will now only be 1 press briefing per week going forward, and it will last no more than 15 minutes with no questions taken.

Judge can't order the White House to hold them.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

If the judge orders the White House to reinstate him, the answer is simple: There will now only be 1 press briefing per week going forward, and it will last no more than 15 minutes with no questions taken.

I suppose.  If it were me, I'd have SHS spend the first 90 minutes every day calling out the fake news.  Roll tape and read all of the crap from the previous day just to set the record straight.  Then I'd have her make her daily report and then open the floor to questioning.  I'd have those ***** in that room for 4+ hours every day and no BIO breaks.

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I suppose.  If it were me, I'd have SHS spend the first 90 minutes every day calling out the fake news.  Roll tape and read all of the crap from the previous day just to set the record straight.  Then I'd have her make her daily report and then open the floor to questioning.  I'd have those ***** in that room for 4+ hours every day and no BIO breaks.

Oh, and give the press 5 minutes notice as to when the briefing is going to take place. If you're not there on time, oh well.

Even if CNN wins it will be a Pyrrhic victory, and the press knows it.  There's no law that says that POTUS or White House need to have press conferences.  I'm guessing the entire credentialing process will also get revamped to limit one press pass per news organization.

As always, careful what you wish for.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

if it comes down in CNN's favor, what's next? declaring where and when mandatory PC's must be held?

• Like (+1) 1

Why can't an individual be denied a pass?  Why do CNN/Fox/ABC gave a divine right to anything?  Why are they preferred to any other news organization?  Size?  There are thousands of media outlets that never had a WH pass.

I think it is unfair that Meadcoins Meadia has never been invited, but nobody is complaining about that.

Edited by 4merper4mer

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Why can't an individual be denied a pass?  Why do CNN/Fox/ABC gave a divine right to anything?  Why are they preferred to any other news organization?  Size?  There are thousands of media outlets that never had a WH pass.

I think it is unfair that Meadcoins Meadia has never been invited, but nobody is complaint about that.

Until now, that is. :devil:

#FREEMEADE

No press pass no peace!

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I think it is unfair that Meadcoins Meadia has never been invited, but nobody is complaint about that.

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.

Have you forgotten that Martin Luther King Jr was denied a press pass prior to the March on Selma? 

What about American citizens of Japanese heritage having their press passes pulled?  

The treatment of US soldiers returning from Vietnam and the denial their press passes? 

What about the epidemic of over-prescription of Press Pass denials resulting in the deaths of 200 Americans per day? 

Sir, Jim Acosta is the aggrieved party here, and the ripple effect of this tragedy is not yet known but likely will be devastating. As Phil Collins once sang...ripples never come back. 

This is still America, isn't it?  

14 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Why do people think "no questions taken" is going to make a difference when Acosta alreadt acts like the rules don't apply to him.

10 minutes ago, GG said:

Emergency motion granted to CNN.

Careful what you wish for.

Cancel the press briefings, starting immediately. 

• Like (+1) 2